How many Title 1 AMT's will take the early out?

You mean you don't know the eligibility requirements for inclusion in the early out? At least the flight attendants know exactly who is eligible. With us, you have to have 15 years or more on the payroll. That's it.
Thats right Jim, and make sure you tell your flight attendent friends that we also aproved a contract with open language on overtime and work rules. Oh yeh, I almost forgot....we gave up job protection, what a union stands for. Yep, our twu brought this excellent deal back for us to vote on, and we approved it by 48 votes??? We can't even get the actuall numbers on who voted on it in Tulsa because the International will not release them...Glad I'm not on the line dealing with flight crews, what an embarrasment.

Only around 300 in Tulsa
No the actual estimate is 700 in the first round. As for the Semi-Retirement comment, some of those that are going to find themselves in that classification will be performing the same work they are performing today, only for $5.00 less per hour.

No the actual estimate is 700 in the first round. As for the Semi-Retirement comment, some of those that are going to find themselves in that classification will be performing the same work they are performing today, only for $5.00 less per hour.

You know this so called contract that we will soon be imprisoned under is so open ended. With all the overtime at all line stations who is to say that AA will implement OSM's at the line stations to keep the head count up. Same guys with both licenses doing the same job for less. You could see them at the B'checks, fuel tank work, doing eco's, AD's, FCD's, fleet mods, ground shops, etc.. Who is going to stop them? The TWU? Can't grieve anything anymore unless you have language to back up your grievance. Then if you did the TWU will use one of those letters of agreements. With overtime and field trip rules to be rewritten the OSM's can get first call. All of this to save costs. Who is to say?

With the early out available to everyone with 15 years who is at least 45 years old, I would guess that a large number will take it. Your pension will be frozen later this year, so it won't get any larger no matter how long you stay. They key is to find a career in fixing things that are not subject to the intense competition of the airline industry. Sure, you could take a gamble on Southwest, but keep in mind that it's only a matter of time before the concession train makes a stop at DAL. Might not be this year, might not be next year, but it's probably on the way.

Look for natural monopoly employers, like municipal transit systems or utilities, where there aren't any low-wage competitors. Metro isn't facing any low-wage, nonunion upstart competition funded by George Soros or Richard Branson. Same with the CTA or MTA or any other monopoly business.

Reactions: 3 people
I guess not many. Only AMT's that were going to retire anyway will take the incentive. The amount of money will not move any other to retire early. That was another way to buy yes votes only, the company know that. They are disgusting smart finding ways to screw us.

I guess not many. Only AMT's that were going to retire anyway will take the incentive. The amount of money will not move any other to retire early. That was another way to buy yes votes only, the company know that. They are disgusting smart finding ways to screw us.

You know this so called contract that we will soon be imprisoned under is so open ended. With all the overtime at all line stations who is to say that AA will implement OSM's at the line stations to keep the head count up. Same guys with both licenses doing the same job for less. You could see them at the B'checks, fuel tank work, doing eco's, AD's, FCD's, fleet mods, ground shops, etc.. Who is going to stop them? The TWU? Can't grieve anything anymore unless you have language to back up your grievance. Then if you did the TWU will use one of those letters of agreements. With overtime and field trip rules to be rewritten the OSM's can get first call. All of this to save costs. Who is to say?
Funny I have never been on a Field Trip...

The SKY is Falling!! The sky is falling!!!!!

If you are so unhappy, why not just quit/retire and go where you will be Happy?

I remember going to school to work on aircraft and still enjoy the profession after all these years!

If you take all the politics out and the negative people, Is it really that bad?

In Solidarity,

CIO

Reactions: 1 person
The SKY is Falling!! The sky is falling!!!!!

If you are so unhappy, why not just quit/retire and go where you will be Happy?

I remember going to school to work on aircraft and still enjoy the profession after all these years!

If you take all the politics out and the negative people, Is it really that bad?

In Solidarity,

CIO
Well said. But they can't. They talk a tough fight, but that's about it. Fizzle. If they put as much effort into their union as they do whinning maybe something could happen. But we will never no. Because they are ALL TALK AND NO WALK!

Reactions: 1 person
IMHO,
Look closely at your situation before you jump into taking a buyout.
Although you may think that it is a horrible place to work and want to jump ship, make sure you realize the ramifications because once you walk out the door as there is no mulligan.

Severance/buyout money will be taxed at 40%, your will get some of it back on next year’s taxes but don’t count on it now.

If you are over 50, don’t expect to get a replacement job at equal pay in your lifetime. Some do and are better off but don’t expect that in this economy.

Don’t think because you and your family are healthy now that you will be tomorrow (much less next year) so don’t rush to save on health care premiums to save a few bucks.
I paid high dollar for an HMO and my peers thought I was pissing away money.
When I had a lung removed, they changed their opinion. Out of pocket cost me $145 for all the scans, work, sugery, etc… Well over $150K if out of pocket.

Make a decision based on reality, not your emotions.
Best to have a job before getting a new one.

JMHO&PO,
B) xUT

Reactions: 2 people
IMHO,
Look closely at your situation before you jump into taking a buyout.
Although you may think that it is a horrible place to work and want to jump ship, make sure you realize the ramifications because once you walk out the door as there is no mulligan.

Severance/buyout money will be taxed at 40%, your will get some of it back on next year’s taxes but don’t count on it now.

If you are over 50, don’t expect to get a replacement job at equal pay in your lifetime. Some do and are better off but don’t expect that in this economy.

Don’t think because you and your family are healthy now that you will be tomorrow (much less next year) so don’t rush to save on health care premiums to save a few bucks.
I paid high dollar for an HMO and my peers thought I was pissing away money.
When I had a lung removed, they changed their opinion. Out of pocket cost me $145 for all the scans, work, sugery, etc… Well over $150K if out of pocket.

Make a decision based on reality, not your emotions.
Best to have a job before getting a new one.

JMHO&PO,
B) xUT
You are a genius. I see the light now. Where have you been all these years?