HP On-Time

Hope777

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Well another day has gone by at our station and it appears that most HP Flights are On-Time. Well at least that is what is reported to the DOT and via Acars. I guess once the Passenger Door Closes the Crews seem to Release the Brakes and then reapply them showing an On-Time Departure. Sad part is the Aircraft are pushing an average of TEN MINUTES LATE due to Baggage Problems. Can't wait until the Acars become consistant across the company.

Well another day has gone by at our station and it appears that most HP Flights are On-Time. Well at least that is what is reported to the DOT and via Acars. I guess once the Passenger Door Closes the Crews seem to Release the Brakes and then reapply them showing an On-Time Departure. Sad part is the Aircraft are pushing an average of TEN MINUTES LATE due to Baggage Problems. Can't wait until the Acars become consistant across the company.

"Ramp to flight crew."

"Hello, ramp."

"If you want to release brakes, I've got my foot on the brakes down here. We got some late bags they are throwing in the forward bin."

"If your foot is on the brakes then my brakes are released. I noticed your team lead has some serious BO."

"Yeah, he gets that way. He needs to brush his teeth once in a while, too. At least he works."

"Sure. I guess so."

"Ramp to flight crew."

"Hello, ramp."

"If you want to release brakes, I've got my foot on the brakes down here. We got some late bags they are throwing in the forward bin."

"If your foot is on the brakes then my brakes are released. I noticed your team lead has some serious BO."

"Yeah, he gets that way. He needs to brush his teeth once in a while, too. At least he works."

"Sure. I guess so."

Yuck! LOL!

"Ramp to flight crew."

"Hello, ramp."

"Sure. I guess so."
Wish we had time to talk to the crews.
It was the Shift MANAGER that asks the Crews to pop the breaks. We are still too busy loading 50+ bags.

Back before the company ("old" US) changed the ACARS software, there were signs up in PHL telling crews to release the brakes while waiting for pushback clearance. Make the numbers look better.....

Jim

Back before the company ("old" US) changed the ACARS software, there were signs up in PHL telling crews to release the brakes while waiting for pushback clearance. Make the numbers look better.....

Jim
Which numbers are we talking about?
The only numbers that look better are the On-Time figures, correct?
The Bottom line numbers look worse since Labor Costs go up. Isn't that why the Company changed our Acars years ago, so you do not make the big bucks.

Sorry, Hope - should have been clearer. Yes, the on-time looked better. The plane didn't push earlier, ACARS just said they did so PHL looked better on paper.

Jim

I thought you could push up to 14 minutes late and still be "on-time".

So what do you want, on-time complaints or PAWOB complaints? Why does the ACARS inconsistancy (if there is any) bother you so much? Is there any other source of joy than someone else's misfortune?

Sounds like you've got to find some new Gameboy games to occupy your time between banks.

The only number that really matters is A14. .meaning flights that arrive within 14 minutes of scheduled arrival. So ..even if the departure numbers are "fudged" . .that wont' affect the arrival, because that time is recorded when the door is opened.

I thought you could push up to 14 minutes late and still be "on-time".

So what do you want, on-time complaints or PAWOB complaints? Why does the ACARS inconsistancy (if there is any) bother you so much? Is there any other source of joy than someone else's misfortune?

Sounds like you've got to find some new Gameboy games to occupy your time between banks.
Bud I wish I was in a Hub, not an out station who gets killed day in and day out. Wish we had some down time to play games.....

Well another day has gone by at our station and it appears that most HP Flights are On-Time.

Hey, just be glad that they leave! :ph34r: :shock:
Our afternoon flight seems to either get stuck in the thunderstorms (510pm dept) or has a maint on the days we dont have weather. The guys here would be thrilled if we had a couple WEEKS of on time, whatever time they wanted to call it.
Actually the West times are recorded in 3 numbers. Door closed brakes released/pushback and off. So, the brakes can be released and set and it will show the first number, but nothing more until it starts the push. The out times are mainly for inhouse numbers and stats (station ontime) while the arrivals are what mostly counts with the govt reporting and monthly reports.

A14 is DOT metrics: OT departure is US metrics and one they push hard.

Question: Just how safe is it to release brakes willy-nilly? Not so long ago, that required communication (headset or hand signal) between ac and ramp.

Now, mostly the a/c isn't going anywhere attached to the pushback unit. Buttttt, assume the towbar didn't fully engage the nosewheel assembly (seen that happen a few times), and there's an incline (seen those too). Could get ugly!

Better idea. Follow company procedures - there's a reason for them.

A14 is DOT metrics: OT departure is US metrics and one they push hard.

Question: Just how safe is it to release brakes willy-nilly? Not so long ago, that required communication (headset or hand signal) between ac and ramp.

Now, mostly the a/c isn't going anywhere attached to the pushback unit. Buttttt, assume the towbar didn't fully engage the nosewheel assembly (seen that happen a few times), and there's an incline (seen those too). Could get ugly!

Better idea. Follow company procedures - there's a reason for them.

The guy or gal pushing keeps their foot on the brake the whole time. Now when the push tug's brakes don't work... That's when your sphincter clenches up as you roll away!

Old bean counter saying; "Figures never lie, Liars always figure." :up:
STATISTICS
Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Autobiography of Mark Twain