I believe an agreement has been reached by CWA & U.

******A Message from our President********

September 5, 2002

Dear Members,

A tentative agreement was reached today. Details should be available sometime mid-day

Friday the 6th, on the national CWA site at www.cwa.net>

-----
Not bad for a psychic prediction... as I said a couple days ago, before the 10th, but after the 6th (ok, so it's really after the 5th! )

Now, here's to hoping it's something liveable. After this much effort and the time involved, I'm pretty sure it'll be something the company hates as much as we do. One of the rules in arbitrations and mediations is that you know the arbitrator/ mediator has struck a fair deal when all parties hate it equally.

The one thing that is bad is any city who gets pushed to the Midatlantic Regional jet program will be making a top scale of 13.01 hr......top pay for mainline is 20.05 with the .25 cust svc premium...20.30 ttl.....but the Regional jet pay sucks.............

That's good news,I hope your proposal is better than the I.A.M.'s

We will have the MDA work but under the RJ portion of the contract....I dont have all the details on it yet...sometime this afternoon everyone will get the info....but there wont have to be an election for MDA..its automatic.....

Great news! Let's hope that when the details come to light that this T/A will prove to be acceptable to the rank and file. You can be sure it will be painful, but hopefully still acceptable, considering US Airways circumstances.

CWA is stating, in their press release, that the members accept the proposal. The company said it meets all their financial goals. Sounds good so far. :)

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 6:39:46 AM Robc98 wrote:

The one thing that is bad is any city who gets pushed to the Midatlantic Regional jet program will be making a top scale of 13.01 hr......top pay for mainline is 20.05 with the .25 cust svc premium...20.30 ttl.....but the Regional jet pay sucks.............
----------------
[/blockquote]
Funny you would say that ,that is the top out pay for PDT ...
of course agents in ROA and whatever mainline city that has turned express in the past will tell you.

I wonder by them setting the top out pay for midatlantic at $13 is an indication of what he has planned ofr the WO's

[BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/6/2002 1:01:53 PM wings396 wrote: [BR][BR]That line about the Germans was from Animal house. It was said after their house was trashed and they were sitting around trying to figure out what to do...----------------[BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][BR]I had no idea my one liner would generate so much discussion and minor debate. And I myself couldn't even remember which movie it came from
BLOCKQUOTE]

That line about the Germans was from Animal house. It was said after their house was trashed and they were sitting around trying to figure out what to do...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 1:12:42 PM RealityCheck wrote:

Its after 1PM..wheres the BEEF?[/P]

[/blockquote]

Got my email copy already. Tried to paste and copy but it doesnt work. If you want a copy PM me with an email address and I will send it to you.

the 13.01 for MDA works out for the unions but it is less than what many regionals currently offer. Just look at the Atlantic Coast Airlines topout pay for starters.

If this resembles what the IAM sold out for then I think we will end up where the mechanics are.

Let's wait and see what is in the wording.

REALITYCHECK........I viewed the contract on the link at CWA.NET with no trouble using Adobe Acrobat reader V5.....if you are having plug in errors....check your software...its not the website.....good luck

Latest posts