I LUV NY

You can believe there's a secret "pay me more or I walk" program for senior management and executives, but the fact is anyone walking away from stock options that haven't vested yet is likely to be looking at a 25-50% increase (if not more), and AA's not in a position to match that economically, nor do they want to set the precedent.

It does makes for a nice soundbyte to grind the axe against, but all it amounts to is an breakroom legend from what I've seen firsthand.

Wow, executives are just the most upstanding saintly bunch of folks who are just above doing anything so low as to take care of each other.
Thanks, Eric, for clearing that up. Can I call you St. Eric the Patron Saint of the Underpaid Executive Order?

Just as you consider union leaders to be self-serving, you always seem to exempt the execs.....

By the way, it's no "secret" they take care of themselves. They do it openly because they can and they do it because that's the club they're in. It is an elite society of people who sometimes hop from company to company seeking and getting more compensation even when they failed in their previous positions.

It seems that you are the one who believes in fairy tales as you defend the fat cats at the top. I would say that at the present time, their are more executives serving prison time than there are union leaders.

Here's Mike Boyd's take on WN's entry into LGA (pdf file)

His theory is that is that these flights will be successful because of connecting traffic between LGA and other cities through either MDW or BWI and not neccessarily because of folks flying between LGA & MDW or LGA & BWI.