I Make US fly!

by having the help of Coca-Cola (Who paid for the production of the video.) and Anheuser-Busch (Who paid for the T-shirts, pins, lanyards, booklets..) it allows US Airways to continue to become the nation's largest LCC.
Who pays Coca-Cola and Anheuser-Bush?

Well let's see,

Customer buys ticket on US

US Buys Coke and Budweiser products

US sells Budweiser Product

US gives away Coke product

:up: Maybe instead of pens and shirts, they should give everyone a free shot of (deleted by moderator- great first post!) :cop:

I think they were talking about Rome, New York, silly...they really don't think they will be flying international flights do they?
They'd be lucky(ha!) to get to Rome, NY as nonrevs; Syracuse is tough to get in and out of these days!

OK I'll drink the kool-aid but I want a wage increase.
It's hard to be friendly when your working on 4 hours sleep every night because of all the over time you need to pay our bills. Until then it will be business as usual.

My piedmont attitude will come back with my wage increase.

Although done on the cheap, this may be a worthwhile effort. Just from reading this board alone it is evident that most employees really do not know where this pig is going.

DL has spent several million dollars on a training program called the "velvet rope tour." All of the front line people (res, fa's, Ga's, etc) are required to attend and meet the senior management over a two day period. It is basically a "pep" rally, but it is working. When the program first started I could pick out without fail those who had gone through the program. I was one of about fifty customers invited to participate in short version of the program design to show us what the training is all about.

In the case of DL, it has been money very well spent and as a customer I can see a difference.

DL the next addition to US

At least we'll let you know in advance who's footing the bill when we make our video.

Oh, you mean like the first 13 words in the video that say, "The production of this video was paid for by the Coca-Cola company." It's a little silly to go off half-cocked about something you know absolutely nothing about. I thought you were smarter than that; although I've been wrong before...

:angry: For cripe sakes, the negativity here just astounds me! Does anyone here want this airline to succeed? WE must move forward and get over the past, this is a different airline now and we either get on board with it or we don't...it IS up to all of US to work together and ensure that the NEW US Airways is a successful entity...we still have alot to do and we need to start out on the right foot with a POSITIVE attitude.

This is the way I look at it...for those of us that chose to stay employed with this airline, at least we have something to look forward to, as we all know what the alternative would have certainly been.

The booklets all will receive was paid for by Coke and Anheuser-Busch. So we did not blow all our profit. On a side note it is now time for all of us to join together and build the new airline. Forget the corporate and union fighting and focus on the people who really provide us a paycheck(no matter how small you think it is). If not for the customers who park their butts in the seats of an aircraft we would not be here.

It is up to each one of us to make the New US Airways the airline of choice!

Thats exactly why this internal video was created...to help those understand the dynamics of this NEW Airline we are all a part of. One with a Business casual attitude and a Low Cost Carrier.

The OLD US Airways is gone...that door or chapter of your life is closed. Leave your old negative attitude at home with your baggage and proceed to the next chapter, or open the NEW door to a NEW Airline! One with employees that are helpful and friendly at ALL times!

"I make US Fly!"

Jet

AS a person from the HP side I think its Company crap. We have a lot of issues that are still not being solved.. YES THEY COME TO MEETING AND SAY WE WILL LOOK INTO IT... But nope......... same (****), Different DAY..... It needs to get solved... the DVD/Video is a joke... I'm sorry but its not being negative. Its the fact that west has not had a raise, or contract improvements . That east has given up a lot in give backs and all the other stuff. . And the people at the top keep cashing in on the employees hard earn living while everyone else is making scraps and just trying to get by with tons of inflation. ITS JUST PLAIN WRONG... I'm proud to work at US Airways. I love my job... But if the company wants PERFECTION..... Treat the employees better than trash... and the employees will go ABOVE and BEYOND the companies wild expectations.

I've seen and listen to employees of the west say

"Its all company propaganda "

" You fix things by grass roots not from the top down"

and many other comments...

I'll be Siskell (may he r.i.p.)--it is a stinker :down: , a waste of time and effort. Did anyone note how many of the uniformed employees were not even within CURRENT uniform guidelines? Sheesh, and this is on film! Someone had to actually choose those people for the shots. Why not just allow anything to work, after all that is what it looks like most days anyways.

It truly is sad how this business has turned.

AS a person from the HP side I think its Company crap. We have a lot of issues that are still not being solved.. YES THEY COME TO MEETING AND SAY WE WILL LOOK INTO IT... But nope......... same (****), Different DAY..... It needs to get solved... the DVD/Video is a joke... I'm sorry but its not being negative. Its the fact that west has not had a raise, or contract improvements . That east has given up a lot in give backs and all the other stuff. . And the people at the top keep cashing in on the employees hard earn living while everyone else is making scraps and just trying to get by with tons of inflation. ITS JUST PLAIN WRONG... I'm proud to work at US Airways. I love my job... But if the company wants PERFECTION..... Treat the employees better than trash... and the employees will go ABOVE and BEYOND the companies wild expectations.

Agreed. Booklets and pins, lanyards, pretty booklets, and hot dog parties don't cut it. I think the mechanic at the CLT town hall said it best, to paraphrase, "I've heard 'thank you' at least 50 times today from you but those thank yous are worthless at the bank when I try to cash them in." I do not want to work every waking day of my life to make a living wage. Don't like my attitude and say I should quit? Oh no! It won't be so easy! I am here to poke a thumb in the eye of management until I make a decent wage working 40 hours per week. I'll cut to the chase here, Steelers fans: Doug Parker and his ilk are a cancer. How you can cash in millions on your "success" when the little proles have to identify their "success" by being able to say that they at least kept their job? You call yourself a Christian and a pillar of the community, Darth Parker? Screw you!

Back