I Make US fly!

Oh, you mean like the first 13 words in the video that say, "The production of this video was paid for by the Coca-Cola company." It's a little silly to go off half-cocked about something you know absolutely nothing about. I thought you were smarter than that; although I've been wrong before...

LOL! You really grasp for the smallest of straws when you respond to my posts.

I'm so very glad the video starts with the Coca-Cola disclaimer, if that is the case. It illustrates some sort of honesty at the very least.

However, if that's all you have to counter my previous post, I can only sit back and smile. I get this wonderful feeling of mental superiority when we have a public tête-a-tête, Barbell.

Incidentally, S.C.U.M. has acquired a new corporate sponsor. Believe it or not, it's the BP station in New Brighton, Pennsylvania. Although it's only a tacit endorsement, the night clerk has assured us that he will look the other way when we scan the parking lot for spare change or go dumpster diving.

Now, sarcasm aside, if you (collective) like the video that was produced and it helps you to understand where the airline is going and what US wants to provide passengers, that is great and I applaud your desire to make US a better airline.

I still stand by my opinion that it was a waste of time and money to make a video when there are so many other things at US that need to be attended to that are far more pressing to providing the service that passengers need. Reminding employees of what to do and where US (supposedly) wants to go doesn't solve the problems of worsening morale, equipment failures, boarding and cargo delays, lost luggage, poor staffing and customer dissatisfaction.

So, Barbell...when will those issues above be addressed by Tempe?

<SNIP> go fly another airline. we don't want nor need your business. <_<
I believe he’s mentioned that he has started to do just that.

<SNIP> Read Chapter 11 of the book Art mentioned. It's called "A splash of Color" I got through about 6 pages and it's chilling.
That chapter number is rather foreboding of what may come. Was that intentional by the author of the book?

I am in Phoenix. We were one of the first groups here participating in this program.
I was in PHX today and decided to go upstairs to get a "I make US fly t-shirt". There was a guy sitting at a table with the goodies, and I asked if I could get a shirt. He asked for my "C" number. I said that I don't have one. He asked for my last name as he flipped through his sheets. I said that I wouldn't be on the list, and can I just get a shirt? Well, all he had were pins, lanyards, and booklets. And you had to sign-out for them. What? It was cheesy. And no coke pens, clips, food, drinks...things that came in boxes on the East...and NO SIGNING THINGS OUT!!!!

I was in PHX today and decided to go upstairs to get a "I make US fly t-shirt". There was a guy sitting at a table with the goodies, and I asked if I could get a shirt. He asked for my "C" number. I said that I don't have one. He asked for my last name as he flipped through his sheets. I said that I wouldn't be on the list, and can I just get a shirt? Well, all he had were pins, lanyards, and booklets. And you had to sign-out for them. What? It was cheesy. And no coke pens, clips, food, drinks...things that came in boxes on the East...and NO SIGNING THINGS OUT!!!!

Who cares if they give out an extra shirt. Coke and Busch are paying for it.

Well we are a Low Class Carrier. I haven't seen a t-shirt, lanyard, video, or pin yet. I feel so insignificant.

I need the company to give me anything but a raise to feel like I am worth something.

Stick all this crap back up Doug's ass where it came from. Give me nine million dollars. My morale will go through the roof.

Then I will quit (making the goobersmoochers on this board ecstatic).

Another sucessful morale boosting program. Buried under an idiotic bureaucracy.

On the PHX ramp, we got our lanyars, hat, etc in a plastic garbage bag. Wish I was in jest but I'm not.

I was in PHX today and decided to go upstairs to get a "I make US fly t-shirt". There was a guy sitting at a table with the goodies... had to sign-out for them. What? It was cheesy. And no coke pens, clips, food, drinks...things that came in boxes on the East...and NO SIGNING THINGS OUT!!!!
I need to collect some freebies that should be delivered to me in a neat and compact envelope inside my mail box?

...down right embarrassing. Our staff should have more important things to do than to check off freebies.

I believe he’s mentioned that he has started to do just that.
That chapter number is rather foreboding of what may come. Was that intentional by the author of the book?

I am not sure about whether the chapter numbering was intentional but it does make a point.

As I read further and further into this book, there are more similarities between Braniff and US-especially in labor relations, except that after Harding Lawrence resigned, John Casey the new CEO reduced his pay to zero in order to get the unions to go along with a 10% pay cut. They did get profit sharing in exchange, however, this was already 1981 and we know what happened afterward....

One recurring theme in this book is how the poor morale of the employees affected their performance on the job, and nelped do in the company by causing more and more loyal customers to book away from Braniff. The loss of high yield customers accelerated the decline and demise of the airline......

As I said before the idea of the video was good---it is the implementation I question. Give the employees the tools they need to help the customers properly and keep them coming back--we know better than anyone they want to help us....at least the overwhelming majority of them do.....

Finally, ETOPS 1, shame on you...and that's all I have to say about that!

My BEST to you all....

I need to collect some freebies that should be delivered to me in a neat and compact envelope inside my mail box?

...down right embarrassing. Our staff should have more important things to do than to check off freebies.

Don't worry....that stuff will end up on eBay in a week or 2.

:ph34r:

K.R.,

How dare you? Whether you get inflamed by some of the remarks or not; these people pay our salaries. Especially our CPs.
In fairness to etops1, I'm sick of reading the whining too. And I'm one of the CPs who pays your salary. I just don't understand why a customer would expend so much energy posting about a company he obviously hates. If it's not for you, move on. Life's too short to get so wound up about an airline.

etops1 has a duty to be affable and respectful to his/her customers when dealing with them for the airline's business. No such duty exists on this board, outside of adhering to the terms of service.

I still stand by my opinion that it was a waste of time and money to make a video when there are so many other things at US that need to be attended to that are far more pressing to providing the service that passengers need. Reminding employees of what to do and where US (supposedly) wants to go doesn't solve the problems of worsening morale, equipment failures, boarding and cargo delays, lost luggage, poor staffing and customer dissatisfaction.

So, Barbell...when will those issues above be addressed by Tempe?
You are so right. Sound like somebody needs to spend some time at the ticket counters gates reservations baggage claim

Back