I Make US fly!

Thats exactly why this internal video was created...to help those understand the dynamics of this NEW Airline we are all a part of. One with a Business casual attitude and a Low Cost Carrier.

The OLD US Airways is gone...that door or chapter of your life is closed. Leave your old negative attitude at home with your baggage and proceed to the next chapter, or open the NEW door to a NEW Airline! One with employees that are helpful and friendly at ALL times!

"I make US Fly!"

Jet

Exactly, either get on with the present or the future, or be left behind whining. Biatching about the past won't give you a future. If you hate your job, just quit, go out and prove yourself somewhere else.

Some people are trying to build a better airline, and they don't need a bunch of pissed off dead weight bringing it down. Its a big world, get another career if you hate the airline biz.

But if the company wants PERFECTION..... Treat the employees better than trash... and the employees will go ABOVE and BEYOND the companies wild expectations.
I've seen and listen to employees of the west say

"Its all company propaganda "

" You fix things by grass roots not from the top down"

and many other comments...
Anyone catch 20/20 last night? There was a piece on COSTCO and how they treat their employees. They pay their employees 40% more than their closest competitor, the CEO/Founder answers his own phone, sends his own faxes, and BELIEVES that treating people "fairly and well" is the ultimate way to make a company a success. Take care of your employees, and customers, and everything else falls into place. They have the lowest turnover rate in retail or wholesale. They are also PROFITABLE. He believes/knows that a happy workforce will bend over backwards to make the customer happy and the company a success. Sounds like US Airways needs a little of this attitude, ACTION speaks louder than words(tapes, beads & trinkets).

I have seen the video, and for what its worth, it had good intentions but fell short of the mark. The fact is that in order to have happy customers you need happy employees. Also, DESPITE all that has been done to the employees of US they remain the best in the industry, and are largely responsible for keeping customers like me and many other high yield fliers loyal.

I am in the process of re reading a book about the collapse of Braniff, called A Splash of Colors. If anyone has that book, go to chapter 11 and read--it will be like deja vu all over again!! It deals with poorly trained and unhappy employees and how they ultimately contributed to the collapse of Braniff by getting regular customers to go elsewhere.

If the company would start to treat the employees right, perhaps they could afford to pay them a bit more--by saving on the cost of mistakes and errors.

I am thinking of starting a new education campaign for management called "What's the REAL cost?"

How much could be saved if things worked the way they're supposed to?

Just my 2 cents.

My best to you all.......

god u people still amaze me on how much you can b#tch and moan about s#it. it's a cool video . what's wrong with it? you naysayers really need to get a fuc#in life and stop putting down any positive things the company does. damed if they do damded if they don't. unfu##ing beleivable. face it ok, we ain't getting our money back anytime soon so live with it!! just be happy that they are at least trying to acknowledge the employee groups.

Well, maybe you should teach something to your West co-workers because I am totally unimpressed with what this merger has brought the customers, biz travelers in particular. Your website sucks. Your customer response sucks. Your first class product sucks. Your coach seat pitch sucks. Your pricing structure sucks. Your FF program sucks. The arrogance of the Sandcastle sucks.
Well honestly tell us how you really feel and why you hang around. If you think so many things suck maybe you should look in the mirror.

Well, maybe you should teach something to your West co-workers because I am totally unimpressed with what this merger has brought the customers, biz travelers in particular. Your website sucks. Your customer response sucks. Your first class product sucks. Your coach seat pitch sucks. Your pricing structure sucks. Your FF program sucks. The arrogance of the Sandcastle sucks.
actually you want to know something that really sucks?
YOU!!! go fly another airline. we don't want nor need your business. <_<

Yeap, and many of us have and many more are following everyday. Good Luck in BK #3..... There will be no pulling out of the nose dive next time.

You've been around for awhile so look at it from a slightly different view, the customes. For the last 12 months all I can think of is the brain trust at US Air when they purchased PI and the term "cool northern effeciency" History is repeating itself all over again and this time I'm not sticking around to be a part of it. Many other LONG time customer feel the same way. We've been there and done that.

Kinda reminds me of American History. You know...where the Indians sold their lands to the white man for trinkets and beads.

Deep down, the Indians were real good people and diddn't understnad the concept of "ownership" only that everything was from the "great spirit" Some thought the "great spirit" had sent the white man and that they were his prophets.

They had no idea the fleecing they were in for and the extent of the white mans greed.

Just some ballpark numbers.....

Folks like US1Fare, PineyBob, Art_at_ISP, etc, are responsible for about $700 - $800 Million of our 2nd quarter passenger revenue. Considering we only made $305 Million, just how many of these folks do YOU want to go elsewhere......

Jim

K.R.,

How dare you? Whether you get inflamed by some of the remarks or not; these people pay our salaries. Especially our CPs.
=======================================================

I quoted and enlarged it for effect. In my interactions in the wild west, this fact seems to be lost on a lot of people. I don't know why as HP had to fight all its life to even be here.

VFF are the ones that make us fly. It is a sine qua non. Look it up.

No amount of causual attire (I saw a guy yesterday with multiple FACIAL piercings at work) or silly sloganeering changes the fact that the customers are what makes this whole thing go.

What makes an airplane fly? Not Bernolli or Newton, it's money. Cold hard cash. And that comes from the guy on the road flying our airline.

Thanks, Bob, Art and everyone who does. I know my family appreciates it even if some don't.

Anyone catch 20/20 last night? There was a piece on COSTCO and how they treat their employees.

In the branding booklet they give three companies that they would like to be like.
Target, Dell and Costco.

I certianly would be happy if we can get there, but it will not happen overnight and don't forget this is the Airline industry we are talking about where the bad years always outpace the good ones other industries do not have that type of cycle to deal with. It certianly make things more difficult.

Actually you don't need to tell us that, your employer is already doing a good job at that. The 'we don't want' part has been painfully clear to all of us who pay your salary.

I do think you're pretty stupid though to think the 'we don't need your business' part is true. I'd like to see you do it without us!! C'mon....give it a try brainless.

Funny thing is, as we give more and more of our business to UA, DL, CO, AA, WN, B6 and the rest of them, we'll still have planes to fly on to continue to conduct business and collect our salaries and benefits. In that event, you won't be able to say the same thing.....start practicing "Would you like to supersize that??" You'll need it. What an idiot!!

Actually you don't need to tell us that, your employer is already doing a good job at that.

Let's also remind those employees who screwed them over BIG TIME shall we?

Let's see here......Doug "exercised" (love that!) his shares of stock and got $9.66 M, CFO Derek Kerr got $1.1 M, CAO Jeff McClelland got $2.2 M, and EVP Scott Kirby got $4 M.

HA HA HA HA HA

and they say they don't need you and me!! :eek: Yeah right! B)

They need you and me and all those other US1's out there too keep flying on this airline because Ma & Pa Kettle ain't going to keep this airline in business.

Thanks for making my day. I needed a good belly laugh.

:p

Back