I Make US fly!

August 7, 2006

This is MEC Chairman Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Monday, August 7th, with one new item.

Tomorrow, management will start coming into the crew rooms to preach about their new campaign, "I make US fly." They'll be handing out packets to crews that will include an "I make US Fly" pin and lanyard and they will want to discuss how US Airways is being reinvented as a “business casual airline.â€￾ To quote management, what they feel our customers want is for us to be "honest, fair and treat them with respect." After our recent talks at the negotiating table, we are not exactly sure what they mean by that.

I'm asking all pilots in solidarity--and in a show of protest--to hand back the "I make US fly" pins and lanyards, and promptly deliver the following message to management personnel and to Mr. Parker: "We have had enough corporate make-overs, slogans and cost-neutral proclamations. We expect a fair contract, not bottom-of-the-barrel wages. We know who makes US Airways fly."

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind all pilots that the Strike Prep Committee's on line volunteer recruitment form is available for all pilots who want to be recognized at the bargaining table for "Making Us Fly". Use the new online volunteer recruitment form that you can reach by clicking on the new Uncle Sam icon on the left hand side of pilots only web site home page, adjacent to the current code-a-phone.

Please remember we still have 1,594 pilots on furlough with 178 pilots working at Jets for Jobs carriers. We will update these numbers.

Fly safe and thank you for listening

Great, maybe now we all can have one.

There is at least 1 wholly owned express station where there weren't enough lanyards & pins for each employee. So the station decided to put names in a hat for a drawing to see who would receive the "I make US fly" give aways.

That sure makes us all feel like part of the team!

Or maybe we can get some of the ones that the mailine pilots give back to pass out to those who didn't receive one and wants one.

There is at least 1 wholly owned express station where there weren't enough lanyards & pins for each employee. So the station decided to put names in a hat for a drawing to see who would receive the "I make US fly" give aways.

That sure makes us all feel like part of the team!

Well the original poster called it a successful campaign, before it even started.

Baghdad Bob surfaces in Tempe.

Hello All,

I just wanted to share with our workgroup that the Marketing team has successfully created a new branding campaign that should be rolling out in July 31st! In addition, August 8 will be "I make US fly day!"

This campaign will enlighten ALL employees of the NEW US Airways!!

I applaud all those involved in this video and know that you all will be excited to view it yourselves. It was extremely well done, and for some may bring tears to your eyes.

In my opinion, this new branding will help smooth the waters between East and West and bring ALL employees onto one playing field and help raise the morale as well as bring this merger together creating ONE NEW company.

Be sure to watch for this video/dvd coming Monday, every employee will be receiving this as well as a few other "freebies"- lanyards, pins, maybe t-shirts.

"Negative Nellies"??? Answer me these questions,

Is it negative to be angry when you take 2 hours and 59 minutes to have someone from Web support in order to have a ticket issued?

Is it negative to actually purchase a ticket AND print a boarding pass on SWA's website while on hold waiting for tech support to help me print my boarding pass from US?

Is it negative for an elite traveler to be lied to by Customer Service, or worse yet wait 4 months for a resolution to a problem?

So BEFORE you call me or anyone else on here a "Negative Nellie" perhaps you should rethink things from the Customer perspective.

Since you chose to take it so personally, I would say YES you are.

emphasis added

"Negative Nellies"??? Answer me these questions,

Is it negative to be angry when you take 2 hours and 59 minutes to have someone from Web support in order to have a ticket issued?

Is it negative to actually purchase a ticket AND print a boarding pass on SWA's website while on hold waiting for tech support to help me print my boarding pass from US?

Is it negative for an elite traveler to be lied to by Customer Service, or worse yet wait 4 months for a resolution to a problem?

So BEFORE you call me or anyone else on here a "Negative Nellie" perhaps you should rethink things from the Customer perspective.

This is news. You bought a ticket on Southwest? Cool!