I Make US fly!

I need to collect some freebies that should be delivered to me in a neat and compact envelope inside my mail box?

...down right embarrassing. Our staff should have more important things to do than to check off freebies.

The checking crew members off is to ensure that you watched the video...obviously most are too busy to watch the video, and the way it is presented to the crews could have been done differently so that all can comprehend the outcome of the video.

I was able to go to corporate on Friday to attend one of the many presentations, and have to say in that context, it was well received.

Take the time to watch the video, and look thru the booklet. It is NOT a waste of time, or money...it is a great tool for ALL employees both from the East and West.

Continued negativity will only continue to drive away our customers..then you can have something to be negative about when you are no longer employeed.

I Make US Fly!

Jet

So for 3 bucks plus shipping I can get the goodies without the warden making me watch the video???

Jim

Continued negativity will only continue to drive away our customers..then you can have something to be negative about when you are no longer employeed.

I Make US Fly!

Jet
Okay, I have some positives:
I am positive that the employees of this company have had their pay, benefits, work environment, tools, and positive attitudes chipped away by the reality or perception of greed and unethical dealings.
I am positive that the perception/reality shows an unwillingness to retain intelligent, well-trained employees.
I am positive that the supposed "open lines of communication" are a ruse, including the town hall meetings.
I am positive that Doug taking pay outs on the stock right now is not the way to lead by example.
I am positive that you are intoxicated well over the legal limit by the corporate kool-aid.
The moving van is parked outside, it's time to move out of Pollyannaville.

"One key difference between East & West is you've never earned more and had it taken away to my knowledge so naturally your reactions would be different and that's totally understandable. Just put yourself in their shoes for a second, then remember wounds take time to heal. Also remember also that change is often frightening to some, especially those who have endured what the US F/A's have."

My take:

I agree that change can be frightening, but try living on wages that are the lowest in industry standards for the past 15yrs! And even merging, those flight attndts on the West yrs 1-10 are still the lowest paid in industry standards, a FA equal to my yrs of service on the East is still making $8 more per hour than me! But I still come to work and do my job well.

So let them stand in my shoes! Then the shoe might fit!

My take:

I agree that change can be frightening, but try living on wages that are the lowest in industry standards for the past 15yrs! And even merging, those flight attndts on the West yrs 1-10 are still the lowest paid in industry standards, a FA equal to my yrs of service on the East is still making $8 more per hour than me! But I still come to work and do my job well.
So let them stand in my shoes! Then the shoe might fit!

BUT....the difference is that YOU took the job knowing what you would be paid the first year, the 10th year, and beyond....yet you still took that low paying job. The east f/a's took their jobs knowing what they would make during the same time frame. They had their higher pay taken away after the fact!
Back when we were hiring, it never ceased to amaze me how excited people would be when they started with the company. Then you would run into the same person 6 months later and they would be complaining "I don't make enough money"! The conversation would go something like this:

Me: "Didn't they explain the salary and benefits to you during the interview?"

Them: "Yes"

Me: "So, you knew what you would make when you got hired?"

Me: "Did you know how much you would make after 1 year, 5 years, etc. after you got hired?"

Me: "And yet you took the job knowing all this!?"

Them: "Yes, but I don't make enough...."

Their voice would just trail off as I walked away shaking my head.

I’ve come up with the next social engineering program for the company. In keeping with the nature of things right now, it will be Cost Neutral.

The next time I’m at the Fat Panda Buffet, I’ll bring back one of the paper placemats that has the Chinese Zodiac on it. Going by just the year you were born, your personality type, others you are most compatible with, etc. will be determined.

Upon successful completion of the program fortune cookies will be handed out, each containing a variation of the phrase “You’re lucky to have your job!â€￾