IAM Debate again moved from UA forum

LavMan

Veteran
Feb 12, 2003
Chip, wrong information again, the only engine we overhauled in-house was the JT8, when it was we stopped flying that engine type we closed the shop.

WE NEVER overhauled in-house the CFM56, CF-6, Tays or the PW on the A330, we never had the tooling or machinery to do this.

Plus the NMB has NO, NONE, NOTHING to do with the process if we go on strike.

We have overhauled every plane we fly since 1949, in another thread I pointed out the process to you and you totally disregard the facts and post false information, take the time and educate yourself and what the process is and what occurs. I mean are you that blind to the facts?

Let me post the relevant information again and maybe then you can understand the process and stop posting wrong information:

Fact 1: You go to court to get a TRO(Temporary Restraining Order) and a Prelimanry Injuction.

Fact 2: If the judge rules it a major dispute the IAM is free to use all legal avenues including self-help which we intend to do. (Don't cross my picket line again like you did in 1992 Chip).

Fact 3: If the judge declares it a minor dispute it goes to arbitration, which then we would work exactly to the written rule.

Fact 4: All labor contracts contain the same language they no employee has to cross a picket line, so if we walk so does the ramp, the AFA should back us, ALPA is all ready coperating as is the TWU. So Chip if we walk it will cause the liquidation of this company, guess the two Dave's will lose millions, what a shame.

Fact 5: We have overhauled every airplane type we fly since 1949, there has been no change in the language thru 54 years of history and two rounds of concessions. Our agreement does not say dc-9. md-80, f100, 737-200/300/400, 757, 767 or A330 which we have overhauled and still overhaul.

Fact 6: I can send you the pictures of A/C758 which was in the CLT hangar this week undergoing its several day C-11 check which our own MECHANICS performed.

Fact 7: We have the facilities and the tooling to perform the work, which our stores personel have all the documents and pictures of the tooling to prove it.

Chip the JT8 work was never grieved or arbitrated, we did the work up until we did not fly the JT8s anymore, so try again to come up with something that is truthful and relevant. If you are refering to the CFM56 arbitration, we lost the arbtration because all of the tooling disapeared from the shut down PSA Airmotive engine shop, but we also won if the company shuts down facilities to escape having its own employees do the work, that does not give the company the right to farm out the work. Niether Piedmont nor US Air overhauled the CFM56 and PSA did not even fly that engine type, the Aeromotive (which was a seperate entity did the work at PSA.)

So Chip you can keep partaking in Dave, Dave and Chris' Koolaide, since your have lost all credability on these boards, you were Dave's #1 fan telling ALL employees to accept concessions or quit. You did a total 180 when Dave took your pension, you could not handle when all the posters gave you your own advice and told you if you don't like it quit, you ran away from the boards like a little child who took their ball and stopped playing if they could not win, then after a several month hiatus you come back being Dave's #1 fan again.

So Chip I suggest you polish off your resume, cause we all we be looking for work if Dave vendors out the IAM's Covered WORK!

Lavman:

I find it interesting since you are not a member of IAM-141-M or a licensed employee and that you provide incorrect information on an important subject. Furthermore, I find it interesting that US Airways Machinists take such strong exception to your comments on the US message board. For more information on this, check out the thread titled "Dave's Employee Meeting In Clt?, What did he say?"

Meanwhile, if you look closer at my post I never said that US Airways performed GE engine maintenance. I said it performed the JT8D maintenance and when these engines left the fleet, the PIT engine overhaul facility was closed.

The DC-9s, B737-200s, and MD-80s were largely replaced with the A320 family aircraft that have GE CFM engines, whose maintenance has been outsourced under the "power per hour" concept.

Lav, you can pound your chest and make comments such as "polishing your resume", but I sincerely doubt that will be necessary and the IAM will most likely not be permitted by law to take a job action at United Airlines' business partner US Airways. Furthermore, most of the mechanics I talk and work with are doing an extremely professional job.

Regardless, this conversation should occur on the US Airways message board, instead of trying to "shoot the messenger" on the United board.

Best regards,

Chip

LavMan,

How do you see this issue playing out? Personally, I think it's good that you guys are willing to take a stand. If Siegel thinks he can keep on rolling over you all, then that's just what he'll do.

If this thing goes down, I hope all groups (not just U employees) fall in line behind you guys.

737nCH11 said:
If this thing goes down, I hope all groups (not just U employees) fall in line behind you guys.
LavMan,

I also hope that your fellow union brothers and sisters suppport you if it comes down to that. It would be a shame if some decide not to honor your pickline as they have done in the past. There is a name for people like that, and generally they get what they deserve in the end. ;)

LavMan,

I read this quote in the Pittsburgh Business Times :

""I think David Siegel's perfecting his unique management style, which is we'll burn that bridge when we get to it," Mr. Roddey said. "He's alienated all of the unions and all of the employees, and, now he's trying to do that with everyone he's negotiating with."

As an employee at UA's codeshare partner, do you find this comment to be true?

Chip, wrong again, I am a dues paying member if District 141M since its creation and a shop steward, so try again.

And I am very involved with what goes on, so like I said, try again and come up with something that is actually accurate.

And the CFM56 has ALWAYS been vendored out. And you are wrong, the A320 did not replace the MD-80, DC-9 or F100s, those fleet types were grounded due to Sept 11th tragedy, US has shrunk more then any other airline since 9/11, not one A320 were replacement aircraft.

And we are permitted to stike if the judge finds it a major dispute, Chip you are not an IAM member therefore you have no idea of what is going on and what we are able to do and what we will do, as a matter of fact our GVP of Transportation is coming to CLT this week to hold meetings on what is going on.

So chip when you become and IAM member and a member of DL 141M maybe then you can post what is going, because as of right now, you could not be farther from the truth.

So chip, stop posting inaccurate information and learn what is going on!

Lavman:

I believe your comments are inaccurate, which is why so many IAM members to take exception to your comments on the US message board.

Regardless, US Airways has outsourced all engine overhaul, citing the same clause they believe will permit outsourcing the A320 process. Furthemore, remember when this news first became public knowledge and I posted Chris Chiames' article, then you disputed my comments and said it was not true. Now the IAM has posted on their website they believe management will seek to outsource the A320 family overhaul, how can that be?

Furthermore, with other RLA disputes serving as a precedent, I believe this dispute will be decided through the Arbitration and Legal process, versus a picket line, which could become illegal.

Regards,

Chip

I have a dream. It is that certain U posters confine their barb throwing re engine overhaul contract provisions at U to the U board and not rant on about U issues on this UAL board.

Chip, must be nice to live in your own little world, just keep ignoring the facts, I would not expect anyless from you.

Like I said, the IAM GVP will be here tomorrow, and I was asked to attend, were you?

Chip's motto: "that is my story and I am sticking to it!"

LavMan said:
Like I said, the IAM GVP will be here tomorrow, and I was asked to attend, were you?
Hey lavman, us common folk dues paying members no nothing about this visit from any IAM GVP! :shock:
NO INFO on the IAM 141M website or the local 1725 CLT website. You said it yourself the IAM is not very good at keeping their membership informed. Where do you get all this secret INFO?? :blink:
Maybe it was last weeks SECRET weekly conference call that the common members can't listen to. :(
Maybe we'll find out all about his visit in our monthly newsletter that will show up late in a couple weeks. :down:
Well enjoy the lunch anyway and have him send this message to Dave:
Pretty Please Dave Don't Take Our Work!! :cold:

It is a stewards meeting, if you are a steward you were invited.

You reall need to call Paul Schultz and seek help from the EAS, sounds like you need some anger management and obsession help to me.

LavMan,

I read this quote in the Pittsburgh Business Times :

""I think David Siegel's perfecting his unique management style, which is we'll burn that bridge when we get to it," Mr. Roddey said. "He's alienated all of the unions and all of the employees, and, now he's trying to do that with everyone he's negotiating with."

As an employee at UA's codeshare partner, do you find this comment to be true

-_______________________

767jetz,

All VERY TRUE! Every single damn word of it. Dave and team have "forsaken all the employees here at U". They have violated all the ratified agreements and continue to take more and more by ignoring contract language or misinterpreting them thus causing grievances to be filed in order to buy time. That IMO, is stealing more cost savings from the agreements. Now they are starting on the STate of PA where the majority of their franchise exists. They have become over zealous with their plan and have no honor or business integrity.

In their delusion, they think they can "steam roll" the Senators and governor of PA like they did the employees with the same threats. It will be interesting to see how this concludes.

LavMan said:
It is a stewards meeting, if you are a steward you were invited.

You reall need to call Paul Schultz and seek help from the EAS, sounds like you need some anger management and obsession help to me.
I wouldn't ask for any help from any IAM appointed eas if it was my last chance of survival on this planet!! :angry:

Hey LAVMAN, On the subject of never having any CFM-56 tooling......Ever hear of AIRMOTIVE?

Remember the place in San Diego that WAS SOLD TO AVIALL......THE OUTFIT THAT IS HANDLING ALL CFM-56 ENGINE WORK FOR OUR BOEING FLEET?? What a coincidence. Then WOLF signs a 25yr contract with GE?? See any patterns developing here??

You might want to talk to some ex-PSA people that used to work at AIRMOTIVE. You just might be surprised.

BTW, The only reason anyone will see an IAM-GVP is due to the threat of AMFA getting on the property. Otherwise, it's SECRETS AS USUAL!!! :down:

Furthermore, the latest LOA signed about stability periods for Airbus trained personnel should be all the proof you need of what is coming our way.

Still not sold?? Then allow me to be the first one to call you FOOL :lol:

E-TRONS OUT.......OF MY FREAKIN MIND!!!!