IAM Fleet Service topic 11/6-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know who's running for the officer positions in CHARLOTTE . I haven't seen anything in the breakrooms and the election is less than a month away

GO

Steelers

I had been thinking today about whats going on in LAS with furloughs. Here is my question had we not vote in the new IAM contract for the west coast and the west was still represented by the old TWU language what options would be taking place instead for the LAS rampers? Not that it matters now anyway, just curious...

I had been thinking today about whats going on in LAS with furloughs. Here is my question had we not vote in the new IAM contract for the west coast and the west was still represented by the old TWU language what options would be taking place instead for the LAS rampers? Not that it matters now anyway, just curious...

sect 14 E. ( in the TWU Contract )

1. Elect layoff and receive applicable furlough package......

2. Displace the most junior FS employee at the station.....

3. Fill a Fleet Service vacancy in the America West system......

guess someone forgot which screen name he/she was on, lol

I wish I could say it was my less than tech savy friend who promised his version of the events he witnessed last week during the near brawl with the IAM leadership in LAS. I am sure he will eventually figure it out, once he figures the internet and how to use a mouse.

So Regrets Jester.

So your "source" can't work a computer? OK, I gotta ask, how exactly does this "source" manage workbrain?

I wish I could say it was my less than tech savy friend who promised his version of the events he witnessed last week during the near brawl with the IAM leadership in LAS. I am sure he will eventually figure it out, once he figures the internet and how to use a mouse.

So Regrets Jester.

Jester....no reply to my challenge. Just what I thought. Another question for you. Did you play the violin as a kid? Just curious.

So your "source" can't work a computer? OK, I gotta ask, how exactly does this "source" manage workbrain?

If you work in LAS, then you should know him. By the way, he said that you were happy with your No Direction Team vote because you weren't subject to the furloughs, which I guess makes sense as the IAM SNAFU didn't really affect you.

So Repeats Jester.

Jester....no reply to my challenge. Just what I thought. Another question for you. Did you play the violin as a kid? Just curious.

Actually, I have been asked within the board on several occaisions to lend my massive cerebral powers to the cause for which I have politely deferred for many and varied reasons. I prefer to castigate from afar in hopes it may cause some to think instead of conserving the perversive groupthink within the ranks.

As for my childhood cultural enrichment, unless it involved a cheque or a tackle, I wasn't interested.

So Declines Jester.

Wow Jester...
For someone who is so intellectually suave, it is highly suspect that you link yourself so closely with someone in LAS that is "illiterate" with the computer. Hmmmm?!

So contemplates the 'chucker

From my recollection their was no "bump policy" So you could only fill vacancies! So as long as some employees filled all the vacanicies the emplyees could end up in a better situation under the IAM contract. I just hope we as LAS employees filled the open vacancies

I would like to take a moment and remind our GC's system wide that we as members of this UNION
PAY to be represented at all levels and god forbid a member is fired, they are ENTITLED to their day in court
NO GC or AGC should deny said employee of that. Even if the case doesn't look favorable. The member should
be the only person declining to push it up the ladder.
Having had numerous discussions with my fellow co-workers, some suggest that maybe the union send some
experienced East GC folks out west to educate them on how the IAM does things. I know the Old regime and
some EX TWU folks believed in horsetrading grievances> But I have to take a stand (as a dues paying member) and say its Intolerable for a leader of a union to deny a terminated employee his day in court.
WE PAY FOR REPRESENTATION . PERIOD.
For those not familiar with horse trading here goes.
for example. Say there's a squabble going on in say Boise ID ( I picked that cause I had a killer Baked potatoe for dinner) and we have a terminated employee in say Las Vegas. IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS should one grievance
be traded or try to be traded for the other. To try and throw a terminated employee's grievance under the bus for a squabble in Boise is just not acceptable. Everyone should get there day in court regardless if you like
them or not or if they are FT or PT.

Sidenote: Not quite sure what happened to him . I would really like to hear Tim Nelson's view on this since he's been a Grievance Chair for many years. So Tim if your lurking on the boards. would love to hear your prospective on this. and maybe you can give us a "Half time Report" on how the New Direction is playing out.

Sorry for the long post. Sometimes I just can't stop myself
Hey Oman and all, Hope all have a blessed thanksgiving.

Oman, I haven't been a LC for some time now but not all grievances have merit. The job of the LC includes unpacking the grievance and discuss its merit with the grievant. For instance, if a guy called in sick and said it was because he got two free tickets to the Cubs game then there isn't anything you can do. In this particular 'true' situation, the guy thought he shouldn't have been moved up a level on the attendance control. He based his argument on the fact that he was just being honest and he could have just lied. So he made his company the bad guy in all of this and accused them of wanting to make a liar out of him. It was a twisted argument and an unaccountable one. In the end, was he honest? Yes. Just because someone confesses to the crime doesn't mean they don't have to pay the time. Did the Cubs win? No.

At any rate, I see this place has still been quite lively. I think democracy is good and I also think listening to dissonant voices is good. Obviously, Canale set the bar low so it's not good enough for the new leadership to say they have done better than Canale. To improve and serve the membership even better, the leadership has to go out to the 'city gate' and hear the cries and grievances of those they serve. Although it may sound profane, I think listening to what Jester has to say is wise. I'm not saying he's right about the vegas situation but I really think there is a whole lot more that can be learned by listening to dissonant voices, which I was once chief. Alot more work needs to be done, nothing is finished, everything must continue moving forward and must be improved upon. Also, I see old east/west issues continue to be rehashed on this board. I' don't know how that works but it certainly isn't part of a recipe to build solidarity. Solidarity will be key for negotiations and coming out with a contract that enhances productivity to keep a viable company and also enhances the quality of work life for the member. In the meantime, I would think there continues to be a building period where solidarity can be strengthened over the following 2 years leading up to your negotiations.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Hey Oman and all, Hope all have a blessed thanksgiving.

Oman, I haven't been a LC for some time now but not all grievances have merit. The job of the LC includes unpacking the grievance and discuss its merit with the grievant. For instance, if a guy called in sick and said it was because he got two free tickets to the Cubs game then there isn't anything you can do. In this particular 'true' situation, the guy thought he shouldn't have been moved up a level on the attendance control. He based his argument on the fact that he was just being honest and he could have just lied. So he made his company the bad guy in all of this and accused them of wanting to make a liar out of him. It was a twisted argument and an unaccountable one. In the end, was he honest? Yes. Just because someone confesses to the crime doesn't mean they don't have to pay the time. Did the Cubs win? No.

At any rate, I see this place has still been quite lively. I think democracy is good and I also think listening to dissonant voices is good. Obviously, Canale set the bar low so it's not good enough for the new leadership to say they have done better than Canale. To improve and serve the membership even better, the leadership has to go out to the 'city gate' and hear the cries and grievances of those they serve. Although it may sound profane, I think listening to what Jester has to say is wise. I'm not saying he's right about the vegas situation but I really think there is a whole lot more that can be learned by listening to dissonant voices, which I was once chief. Alot more work needs to be done, nothing is finished, everything must continue moving forward and must be improved upon. Also, I see old east/west issues continue to be rehashed on this board. I' don't know how that works but it certainly isn't part of a recipe to build solidarity. Solidarity will be key for negotiations and coming out with a contract that enhances productivity to keep a viable company and also enhances the quality of work life for the member. In the meantime, I would think there continues to be a building period where solidarity can be strengthened over the following 2 years leading up to your negotiations.

regards,
Tim Nelson
You may or not know who I am? I cnnot condone the lies Jester spues on this site! He was most certaintly not in Vegas and yet posts as if he was ! In my opinion his credibility is shot, no matter what the intelect level is his vommit of venom must stop!! We as FS might as well let Management post!!! So Pukes GF

Status
Not open for further replies.