IAM Fleet Service Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Veteran
May 5, 2007
Watching your posts.
I have several requests for a new thread since May 8 is your voting day so here it is. I would think by now your minds are made up so lets not go there for now & save space for the posting of results.

I just want to say to all of my PHX brothers and sisters , that no matter the outcome of tomorrows vote , that it has been my honor to work with all of you , to fight with all of you .. And I will remember our struggle till the day I die ..

Remember what a UNION is people. Don't put your needs ahead of your brothers if it means putting them out on the street!

ATTENTION: FLEET SERVICE ...HERE, WE MAKE OUR STAND !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Districtforce @ May 7 2008, 03:08 PM)

A No vote will have a great risk of not only altering merger plans but also it will risk 8,000 households. United will have nothing to do with the west scope or the CIC so any No vote would risk ending any potential investors from investing in your company. What makes you think that United will be in shape to pay out $25 to fleet service? How long can any company survive paying that? Tim, you are a bright man and we have had some discussion of late but one thing I believe you know is that United will never agree to a merger if fleet service doesn't get rid of the CIC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Farce, as well as... Mr. Canale…

I have a solution to this dilemma!

United Airlines, or any other Merger Partner for that matter, can avoid paying out the $25.00 per hour wages incurred, due to any “Poison Pill"... potential CIC award.

This can be accomplished, by both the IAM, and the Company, by simply negotiating a fair... Industry Standard Agreement, that more closely emulates the CBA United Airlines Fleet currently enjoys!

We (Fleet) would readily ratify such an agreement, and both entities (UA/US) could “merge awayâ€￾ without fear of CIC acting as an obstacle in any proposed consolidation scenarios.

See… wasn’t that easy? .... Just go back to the table!

Good luck everyone. They moved our vote back to the International concourse. No breakroom voting.

P. REZ

Contract Vote: District Force

I think everyone should check out District Force' comments on the closed fleet service thread. I think it's on page 56, 57 or 55. Unless someone could cut and paste it. He has been brutally honest although I disagree with his Yes vote assessment. Nonetheless, I think the west should read it moreso. He sez what everyone sez, the end producet will be United, the US East, but the US west will be thrown under the bus. Canale hasn't done squat for you guys in 3 years out west and District force makes it explicitly clear that Canale's plan is to eliminate all the west.

As aside, PHX has been ruled to have 'hundreds' of ineligible voters. My understanding is that Vic Payne has ruled that everyone can get a ballot in PHX, regardless. The idea is to drown out PHL and CLT, BUT if PHL and CLT have 1700+ NO votes among them then this contract isn't going anywhere, with or without Payne's anticipated violations.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TODAY,

Remember PSA with this vote, because with the scope raping T/A, the exact same
thing is going to happen to the west. The only thing left will be the airplanes.
The cities will be contracted out and only the memories wil remain, and of course
the glass memerabelia case located at the sandcastle.

TB, you are starting to come to your senses, your the only iam leader that will
state the cic is worth something although your chap. 7 theory is out on a limb.

Remember, this t/a was negotiated by a UA board of director, not a union leader.
Vote no and send Delaney to the next round of talks, The international should
have known better than to let this conflict of interest happen.

Cheapsuites............................Your getting everything you deserve, once your voted out
next month maybe Cheeks Parker will make you a shift manager on the PHX ramp.

Contract Vote: District Force

I think everyone should check out District Force' comments on the closed fleet service thread. I think it's on page 56, 57 or 55. Unless someone could cut and paste it. He has been brutally honest although I disagree with his Yes vote assessment. Nonetheless, I think the west should read it moreso. He sez what everyone sez, the end producet will be United, the US East, but the US west will be thrown under the bus. Canale hasn't done squat for you guys in 3 years out west and District force makes it explicitly clear that Canale's plan is to eliminate all the west.

As aside, PHX has been ruled to have 'hundreds' of ineligible voters. My understanding is that Vic Payne has ruled that everyone can get a ballot in PHX, regardless. The idea is to drown out PHL and CLT, BUT if PHL and CLT have 1700+ NO votes among them then this contract isn't going anywhere, with or without Payne's anticipated violations.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

QUOTE (Districtforce @ May 7 2008, 03:08 PM)

Randy isn't doing anything in violation. I realize this may upset your hopeful outcome but many of these small stations didn't have anyone that stepped up and wanted to be tellers. That is not Randy's fault. I'm not sure of the events that have PHX voting in the breakrooms so I can't respond to that question that you asked earlier of me.

The medical only applies to those who are injured on the job. I think you might want to clarify this with your AGC because I haven't heard Randy or any AGC's say otherwise. I don't have the negotiations notes nor did I negotiate this contract but I do believe this is the right interpretation.

You asked about 1,700 job losses. I do not have the United Airline business plan but I would anticipate an announcement soon with the great majority of cuts coming from out west. I would also anticipate the United merger announcement by next Tuesday. I know that sounds harsh but if this contract is voted down then there may not be any merger and your airline will not be able to stand alone. What then? 8,000 cuts that affect your east guys also? Tim, nobody has a job in chapter 7.

We must not only provide contracts that improve our members jobs but we must also have an eye towards the improving the balance sheet for those employers who put food on our members table.

A No vote will have a great risk of not only altering merger plans but also it will risk 8,000 households. United will have nothing to do with the west scope or the CIC so any No vote would risk ending any potential investors from investing in your company. What makes you think that United will be in shape to pay out $25 to fleet service? How long can any company survive paying that? Tim, you are a bright man and we have had some discussion of late but one thing I believe you know is that United will never agree to a merger if fleet service doesn't get rid of the CIC.

We can't force your company back but it does make economical sense for them to finish a transition and offer more if this contract is rejected. The alternative for them is to wait too long where we postpone negotiations since section 6 will be upon us. Once in section 6 we have much more leverage.

If you could guarantee me that a merger will still take place then I'd say vote no. But this agreement has everything to do with a merger and I believe that was a risk too high for Randy to take. There is a very real possibility that this merger doesn't happen if this contract gets turned down. Neither Randy or your company is going to spell this out for you but maybe that's why I've been posting. Don't think this merger is automatic Tim.

I have nothing to share about Freedom or his/her opinion. I think he has been helping you in making more no votes. For a good read on someone who is voting yes I'd direct the posters of this forum to
P Rez who is a yes voter and not divisive and seems to be a strong union man.

Your last question. The answer is definately no. United won't roll anyone over.

Let's get everybody together...east & west...I think we'll become much stronger in the future!

VOTE YES today!!!!!

To any west brothers and sisters who think our scope will protect our PHX hub , I want you to remember our Columbus hub and how the company took it down to a field station … I don’t believe our scope is going to save us … mergers are about downsizing , nothing will stop that fact …

To everyone on the east , I want you to see the people who stand in opposition to the YES vote ..

I fought with almost the same exact people on the CHANGE OF CONTROL .. They employed the same tactics that their using now …

I also fought with many of the same people now against the yes vote to stop them from brining in the IBT .. When that attempt failed they tried to bring in the IBEW and I fought them again as well … I told these people that trying to bring in another union would be a grave danger because of the possibility of decertification … but they didn’t listen to me and continued to forge ahead , lucky for us the two unions I mentioned declined to help these twisted individuals bring us down . Remember the vote turn out on the last TA ?

Time and time again it’s the same people being WRONG , and they use their same twisted logic to justify everything , time and time they keep saying ,we’re going to get more next time , or they say the company will come back to the table with a better offer , how many times are we all going to listen to their broken record of empty promises ?

If these people continue their track record of being wrong then it’s you in the east who will pay the heaviest price .. I know that I’ve been repeating sixty day rule over and over again in all of my posts , but I feel it’s something you must consider , and I do believe that this new TA will erase it .

Let's get everybody together...east & west...I think we'll become much stronger in the future!

VOTE YES today!!!!!

From what I have read your only concern is getting a little extra money in your pocket and no one can blame you for wanting that. But what I do not understand is how you will be able to swallow that ribeye you buy knowing that it cost my job and all I have to offer my children is Ramen noodles or cheap sh!t mac and cheese from Safeway. If you are a yes, stop sticking it in my face just go and vote, but stop scaring my wife and kids.

From what I have read your only concern is getting a little extra money in your pocket and no one can blame you for wanting that. But what I do not understand is how you will be able to swallow that ribeye you buy knowing that it cost my job and all I have to offer my children is Ramen noodles or cheap sh!t mac and cheese from Safeway. If you are a yes, stop sticking it in my face just go and vote, but stop scaring my wife and kids.

Vortex , your a grown man , you should know that this merger is to downsize , people are going to go away ... nothing can stop that ... also you must be new because you don't remeber what happened to CMH ....

One last thing , if your in arizona what are you so scared of ? if you lose this job you can go to your local golden arches and be making about the same if not more than your making now ... our ecomony isn't nearly as bad as other parts of the country ...there are still MANY help wanted signs out there , so realx and don't let these guys get to you .... we COULD be downsized , who knows .... are you going to vote every future raise and contract improvment throught the years down based on fear ?

EDIT:

i truly wonder IF you are indeed an america west worker ....

"sh!t mac and cheese from Safeway" i don't shop at safeway because i can't afford their prices , also i doubt that most of my brothers and sisters shop their as well .... if your an AWA guy , shouldn't you be shopping at FRYs??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back