US IAM Fleet Service topic 8-13-

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I got to say is next contract we (officers/membership) need to make sure everything is gone over with a fine tooth comb. This BS of us not having a sick policy so we just get slapped with one is BS. This Insurance stuff we got rolled on is BS. This outsourcing language is crap. People you better wake up and smell the coffee its not all about wages. I think the wooden stick has gone up our A** too many times because someone failed to negotiate it and no one bothered to ask. Weve only left the door open for this company to shove it up our A** one more time. So many people have been furloughed hopefully we wont have the new hires lining up to take a raise to turn around and have the company outsource them. Im pissed at this POS contract we have that keeps getting shoved up our A** because we didnt negotiate it in the contract.
You are correct, the new leadership is meeting next week to process grievances that have merrit to attack the attendance policy that was shoved down our throats!!!! AS far as the health care arbitration WE GOT SCREWED by none other than Richard Block!!! Does Change of Control ring a bell? A grievance has been filed on the outsourcing of the 5 stations that are being screwed! Yes it will be going to arbitration, also past leadership never negotiated healthcare beyond 2008? We all got screwed because of their lack of vision! Now is the time to unify as one, we have multiple battles ahead with Labor and unless unified they win!!!!

Richard Bloch also ruled in favor of the IAM M&R in the Airbus Arbitration and several other cases, he is more than fair.

All I got to say is next contract we (officers/membership) need to make sure everything is gone over with a fine tooth comb. This BS of us not having a sick policy so we just get slapped with one is BS. This Insurance stuff we got rolled on is BS. This outsourcing language is crap. People you better wake up and smell the coffee its not all about wages. I think the wooden stick has gone up our A** too many times because someone failed to negotiate it and no one bothered to ask. Weve only left the door open for this company to shove it up our A** one more time. So many people have been furloughed hopefully we wont have the new hires lining up to take a raise to turn around and have the company outsource them. Im pissed at this POS contract we have that keeps getting shoved up our A** because we didnt negotiate it in the contract.

"Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." -- a Cree Indian

Question to anyone at a station where fleet is being outsourced: Have folks who are electing transfer received notification where they are going yet? Did everyone get to transfer or were there no vacancies left? Where are folks going?

Question to anyone at a station where fleet is being outsourced: Have folks who are electing transfer received notification where they are going yet? Did everyone get to transfer or were there no vacancies left? Where are folks going?
A total of about 240 were affected, only about 37 chose to transfer, the rest elected to go to the street. Of the 37 or so that are transfering they are going to CLT, PHL, DFW, MSY,MCI and a few others.

So it appears that everyone who wanted to transfer got a position elsewhere?

??? Why would anyone transfer to MCI knowing that they would be the next turkey on the chopping block?

So it appears that everyone who wanted to transfer got a position elsewhere?

??? Why would anyone transfer to MCI knowing that they would be the next turkey on the chopping block?

Who knows? Everyone has their own particular life issues, and maybe they are just finishing their time and have a place to crash for a year or so. When the next round of cuts happen, they take a 52-week vacation, errrr... collect unemployment before moving into retirement. Or maybe that's just where the transfer wanted to go as the best option given nothing else was more appealing. Everyone has a story, so don't read too much into people's choices unless you know their personal details.

So Consults Jester.

A total of about 240 were affected, only about 37 chose to transfer, the rest elected to go to the street. Of the 37 or so that are transfering they are going to CLT, PHL, DFW, MSY,MCI and a few others.

Got my tranfer notice last week, start orientation in CLT next monday 9/14. And I thought there was going to be a mad scramble for openings. Good luck to those who chose the furlough.

Got my tranfer notice last week, start orientation in CLT next monday 9/14. And I thought there was going to be a mad scramble for openings. Good luck to those who chose the furlough.

Was San Diego on the list of available cities from the furlough list?

Status
Not open for further replies.