US Fleet Service topic 1/11-

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new pay rates never make it into workbrain in a timely fashion. They will be in there Tuesday or Wednesday retroactive to the beginning of the pay period.

CJ
The CBA prevents you from doing so as a result of shift trades. Check Article 5-T, Section 9 and then take a look at the LOA dated March 10, 2003.

And whats up with no more unlimited drops in phx? I liked being able to work 6 doubles and then drop the rest of the month. Management should let us be men about our schedules and trade/drop as we need be.

Details Details Details..

may be next time folks will ACTUALLY read the whole T/A before running after a few pieces of silver..

black to answer your question.

the company doesn't want to have to pay FT benefits to an employee that works PT hours thus

the limit on shift trades . You may do alot of doubles but without a limit you would have

people working for this company with flt benefits and such working 1 day a week .

For the record I was one of the few that voted against this contract for many reasons including this one. Yes I can see the companies point as we did have quite a few people that were working 1 day a month and such. In my situation as a parttimer I always worked the minumun 64 hrs a month and then drop the rest. Sometimes I would work it at the beginning of the month sometimes towards the end and the flexability was nice. I would say instead of taking away unlimited drops maybe start enforcing the minimum hrs rule?

Details Details Details..

may be next time folks will ACTUALLY read the whole T/A before running after a few pieces of silver..

Wow see, that's put a lot nicer than what I see written on the bin walls of all the East metal. The reference to the messiah complex is especially fitting, seeing as how some here seem to have the smug attitude and wounded countenance of one permanently affixed to a cross. In my case, the silver was worth it, and shift trade matters aside, I'd vote for it again given a chance and a time machine (the coins are still in the purse, and no potter's field has been rendered).

Also interesting is the insinuation of betrayal with your "pieces of silver" reference, inasmuch as the "Jesus" in this case was more than willing to let his "brothers" rot at a much lower wage for an indeterminate time doing the exact same job all the while portraying his suffering under the banner of "fairness". Maybe your analogy is more fitting for the East field stations which I understand sealed the deal; there was no surprise how the West was going to vote. It's not a betrayal if there's no loyalty involved, and loyalty is a two-way street.

That said, I still haven't read it. :lol:

black to answer your question.

the company doesn't want to have to pay FT benefits to an employee that works PT hours thus

the limit on shift trades . You may do alot of doubles but without a limit you would have

people working for this company with flt benefits and such working 1 day a week .

Which is what we had previously, many working much less than once a week. This is why there used to be shifts aplenty to pick up in workbrain. More specifically, I wanted to know who's impetus was it to limit the number of consecutive doubles, which to me doesn't make sense because we're still allowed to pick up unlimited shifts. It was only a question, not a complaint about the TA....

Wow see, that's put a lot nicer than what I see written on the bin walls of all the East metal. The reference to the messiah complex is especially fitting, seeing as how some here seem to have the smug attitude and wounded countenance of one permanently affixed to a cross. In my case, the silver was worth it, and shift trade matters aside, I'd vote for it again given a chance and a time machine (the coins are still in the purse, and no potter's field has been rendered).

Also interesting is the insinuation of betrayal with your "pieces of silver" reference, inasmuch as the "Jesus" in this case was more than willing to let his "brothers" rot at a much lower wage for an indeterminate time doing the exact same job all the while portraying his suffering under the banner of "fairness". Maybe your analogy is more fitting for the East field stations which I understand sealed the deal; there was no surprise how the West was going to vote. It's not a betrayal if there's no loyalty involved, and loyalty is a two-way street.

ChockJockey,

Excellent observations on your behalf, in particular the sanctimonius atttitude some have as if to be above all the West pettiness over a substantial pay raise an equating it with Judas' pieces of silver. Ironically, these same people who view West FSA as some myopic rabble will be the first to complain about the indulgences of executive pay. So long as they have theirs this "brotherhood" works just fine for them, in the meanwhile, West should have been happy to have waited another 5 years for a contract. Just imagine trying to negotiate during this economic tsunami... In Solidarity in Perpetuity, Brother!

So Concurs Jester.

Like my father-in-law would say "Not to change the subject, but I will"

Anybody know how to register for the IAM NATIONAL PENSION website. I tried and it says that they don;t know me. I would like to see that I'm actually paying into to plan and I will actually get something when my bag slinging days are over.
I guess my question applies to those of us who just recently joined the plan.
My thanks in advance.

ChockJockey,

Excellent observations on your behalf, in particular the sanctimonius atttitude some have as if to be above all the West pettiness over a substantial pay raise an equating it with Judas' pieces of silver. Ironically, these same people who view West FSA as some myopic rabble will be the first to complain about the indulgences of executive pay. So long as they have theirs this "brotherhood" works just fine for them, in the meanwhile, West should have been happy to have waited another 5 years for a contract. Just imagine trying to negotiate during this economic tsunami... In Solidarity in Perpetuity, Brother!

So Concurs Jester.
Sounds like you are describing your boy Freedum.

Status
Not open for further replies.