US IAM Fleet Service topic 8-13-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any ramp employee tell me if USAirways pays a premium to employees working in high cost areas like DCA, BOS, PHL, LGA or EWR? I would like to work for US in DCA after US gets these new DL slots.
Thanks

Can any ramp employee tell me if USAirways pays a premium to employees working in high cost areas like DCA, BOS, PHL, LGA or EWR? I would like to work for US in DCA after US gets these new DL slots.
Thanks
PHL new hires start out at a higher wage than new hires elsewhere then they go by our contract. Your answer is NO. Hope this clarify's your question? GF

The West used to have a "geographic differential". That was lost in the transition to the IAM agreement. It should be noted that the pay was likely increased by the new contract even without the differential. Some places (CA comes to mind) have a "living wage" law. In any of those areas the law would govern starting pay, but nothing more.

Looks like Piedmont is hiring

PHL ABE LGB AUS ICT OMA MDT

http://piedmont-airlines.com/careers.shtml

Career Opportunities
Piedmont Airlines employs over 2,200 professional men and women in a variety of career fields including pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, customer service agents, and administrative personnel. An EOE/M/F/D/V employer, Piedmont Airlines offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including some of the best travel privileges in the industry.
Please send resumes/applications to:
Human Resources Dept.
Piedmont Airlines, Inc.
5443 Airport Terminal Rd
Salisbury, MD 21804
Fax (410) 742-4478

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Here are some cities were they are some IAM ramp/passengers jobs at UA that are contracted out to Air Wisconsin
https://www3.ultirecruit.com/air1002/jobBoa...aspx?_vt=extcan

South Bend
IN

Springfield
MO

Mosinee
WI
Bismarck
ND

El Paso
TX

Portland
ME

Dulles
VA

Traverse City
MI

Appleton
WI

Little Rock
AR

White Plains
NY

Springfield
IL

Norfolk
VA

Appleton
WI

Birmingham
AL

Can someone give me the list of stations that were on the furlough package? By that I mean those cities avail to furloughees to bid. I have a few thoughts but want to make sure I have the cities right first......

Thx

Does anyone have a link to the current Fleet Service contract and the Mechanic and related contract?

Thanks,

Johnny

Does anyone have a link to the current Fleet Service contract and the Mechanic and related contract?

Thanks,

Johnny

Before you try to figure anything out in the printed version, be sure to go to the iam141.org website to see the wrong info that is printed in the paper version.

Got furlough letters at our station yesterday. Official closing date of ICT for fleet service is Oct 8.

Wow, it's like open season on ramp agents nowadays. Didn't the company have to wait until 2010 to start closing down stations?

What cities are available to work at in the furlough packet?

Wow, it's like open season on ramp agents nowadays. Didn't the company have to wait until 2010 to start closing down stations?

Originally those cities were not suppose to close prior to dec. 31, 2011 which is ironically when the contract is up for negogiations. But as we all know USAIRWAYS DOES NOT KEEP TO THEIR WORDS! I hope the union is fighting the closings. As for cities Id imagine clt and phl for starters may be DCA Not sure but may be BOS too for places to go to

CLT,PHL,MHT,DFW,MCI,MSY,DCA

Those are off the top of my head. Maybe a couple other cities. The amount of openings in each city is not revealed to us, so that MGMT can fill the holes they need through the bid process.

Status
Not open for further replies.