IAM junkmail

I have also been getting their Junk Mail. I have to laugh when Roach tells everyone about the IAM's industry leading pension plan...That is the only thing that is Industry leading about the current contract. What about our Industry leading pay???
What he doesn't tell you, is that only a handfull of stations are left that have this wonderful pension plan, as 3/4 of the system has been Outsourced. Even before this, the MLE Stations only got HALF of what the other stations did, which was a Whopping $37.50 a month for each year of service starting last year. So IF you can hang on for just another 10 years, you can get $375 a month from this Industry leading plan....Just Friggen Great, Ain't It!
You know that you are in trouble when this is the ONLY selling point he has for the IAM FSA group!!
If the IAM does get to represent the combined companies, the former AWA people will see most of their Fleet work Outsourced, just like the East Side has already witnessed. :down:

I thought the IBT was going to post that they had the cards to force a decertification vote yesterday, or the day before.

Has that announcement been made yet?
Dog, I know you really meant a representation vote and not decertification vote. ;)
I would believe that the NMB will have to make the OFFICIAL ruling first. Then it will be out. :up:

Dog, I know you really meant a representation vote and not decertification vote. ;)
I would believe that the NMB will have to make the OFFICIAL ruling first. Then it will be out. :up:

Some one posted the IBT website would announce they had the cards to force a vote on 28 FEB or 1 MAR.

Call it a representation vote if you wish. It is a decertification vote.

There is a union now. If there is a vote there may not be.

Some one posted the IBT website would announce they had the cards to force a vote on 28 FEB or 1 MAR.

I wouldn't think that the IBT or the IAM would post anything on their respective websites until the NMB made an official declaration.

It will only result in decertification IF eligible members DON'T vote. I think they will.........I have no crystal ball but I think they will.........and they should. And you are correct..........there MAY not be.

Wise words indeed.

Sent my manual back postage due with a note telling them which oriface to stick it in -

given a choice between decetification and the IAM I choose decertification - least that way I know whose knife is in my back.