IAM M&R CONTRACT UPDATE AUG-2013

TRAVIS

Veteran
Apr 14, 2008
out station south
OK TO BRING EVERYONE UP TO SPEED.
WE ARE ON THE BOTTOM SO THE ONLY WAY TO LOOK IS UP.
THAT'S THE GOOD NEWS.
I SAW A FLIER THAT THE NEGOTIATION TEAM HAS CALLED FOR A RESTART OF TALKS WITH THE COMPANY TODAY.

THEY HAVE HAD LOTS OF TIME TO GET A GAME PLAN TOGETHER AND NOW A LITTLE FIRE UNDER THEM FEET TO GET A GOOD CONTRACT...

DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO ON WHAT THE COMPANY'S REPLY WAS?

MY BET IS ON MORE STALLS....

They requested to the mediator last week and the company to restart talks and they also did it again yesterday.

The IAM has basically sat on their hands for the past two years in negotiations, they filed for a release and so far nothing. No picketing to tell US they are serious, IAM wants to kick the can down the road and form this TWU alliance and then get a garbage JCBA like they tried to pull off at United.

Josh

Reactions: 3 people
You are full of crap.

The NMB controls the negotiations, not the IAM nor US.

I know most of the members on the committee personally, and you are 100% wrong and off base.

The IAM at US will not negotiate a JCBA before a CBA is reached at US for all three IAM represented groups.

They have picketed at the Airport, there is no reason to picket the NMB.

The board wasnt going to act in the middle of a representational election, now that its over expect something to happen, either the release or back to negotiations.

You are full of crap.

The NMB controls the negotiations, not the IAM nor US.

I know most of the members on the committee personally, and you are 100% wrong and off base.

The IAM at US will not negotiate a JCBA before a CBA is reached at US for all three IAM represented groups.

What JCBA?

No merger. no alliance, no JCBA.

We'll now be the "small airline" that can't pay "big airline" wages.

They can talk all they want, but without a merger, we've lost all our leverage.

The merger isnt dead, its just reached an obstacle, and the normal Section 6 negotiations intent for the IAM is a bridge agreement on the table is about $36 an hour for a mechanic, an extra week of vacation, full sick pay no matter what you have in your bank, .40 increase in the pension which would bring the multiplier to $104 for a mechanic and a few other things.

Then head in JCBA if and when there is a merger.

What JCBA?

No merger. no alliance, no JCBA.

We'll now be the "small airline" that can't pay "big airline" wages.

They can talk all they want, but without a merger, we've lost all our leverage.
I hate to agree with you on this but you are correct. As there is an individual on these forums claiming that the IAM is "put on notice". He is expecting the IAM to get him an industry leading contract. If there is no merger, you are right, they will be the "small airline" that can't---WON'T--- pay "big airline wages". Now US will have no leverage on their side.

The merger isnt dead, its just reached an obstacle, and the normal Section 6 negotiations intent for the IAM is a bridge agreement on the table is about $36 an hour for a mechanic, an extra week of vacation, full sick pay no matter what you have in your bank, .40 increase in the pension which would bring the multiplier to $104 for a mechanic and a few other things.

Then head in JCBA if and when there is a merger.
700, you can't promote something that is "on the table", the company still has not agreed to or signed off on it. I know the merger is not completely dead YET, BUT, if it is allowed to go forward there will be huge concessions that they will have to give up in order to merge. My opinion only...

I am just making you aware of what the IAM is asking for, thats all.

We know the company is balking at it, that is why the NC asked the board to be released and still havent heard an answer on that nor on resuming talks, and the IAM has contacted the NMB last week and this week!

The IAM has basically sat on their hands while US is taking in record profits. There is no sense of urgency from Sito Pantoja and the GL to meet with the co so long as they still collect dues.

Josh

Reactions: 3 people
700 if you are in the know then put this in front of your boys.

$31.00 Base Pay
$3.00 Each Licenses A&P Max of 2= $6.00 (This includes FCC at $3.00 + one License A or P)
.50 / .60 cents Swings / Midnight Shift Differential
$1.50 Lead Pay
.50 cents Line Pay
$1.00 Longevity Pay

Full Sick Pay
6 weeks Vacation Pay
401k Match ([font=Arial"]Some of us don't want to be relying on a Union Pension; We want control of our money.)[/font]

The AMT's are falling further and further behind in Wages to support your IAM Pension that history has shown Pensions can be frozen or did away with or used like a gun to hold members in place AND THAT'S A FACT.

And 700 don't even waste your time typing telling me a 401k will run out because if I have the money to invest [font=Arial"]Larger into my 401k the better my retirement will be and I have control were my money goes (IRA/401K/Stocks) and not into let’s say a Union Frozen Pension with dirt low wages and then as it is now spending the last of my Professional Career trying to get caught up for years just to get to a Average Industry Pay Wage.[/font]

SO YOU TELL THEM BOYS DON'T SELL US OUT FOR THAT PENSION AGAIN OR THE OUTCOME NEXT TIME MAY NOT BE SO GOOD FOR THE IAM....................

A little common sense for your boys... Use the A&P LICENSES PAY TO GET THE PAY UP...
Why Because the COMPANY does not want to pay THE [font=Arial"]NON LICENSED PERSONNEL the same wage as the [font=Arial"]LICENSED PROFESSIONAL PERSONNEL.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial"](You Don't Pay The Paperboy To Come To Your House What You Pay The Licensed Professional Plumber When He Come's To Your House.)[/font]

700 I know You had a hand in this POS Contract we have as a T/A now so why don't you use that IAM Mouth to do somthing other than Ram IAM BS at us and help FIX THE POS CONTRACT AND REDEEM YOURSELF.

I DON'T WANT TO HEAR NO BS EXCUSE'S JUST GET-R-DONE AND I THINK I SPEAK FOR A LOT OF US ON AND OFF THIS FORUM.

Have a nice day 7