Why no contract from the Association?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that they are going away but uscare air does not have a title 2. It's all title 1

For the International of both unions, the afl-cio and the IAMPF. But why fight it we must like being bent over the coals.

For the International of both unions, the afl-cio and the IAMPF. But why fight it we must like being bent over the coals.
My buddy in Miami just sold Doug Parker his new yacht. He says Doug is a man of his word and very giving in his dealings. He even took my friend out on his first cruise in his new boat and got shitfaced on top shelf liquor.

DP wasn't yachting while intoxicated was he? Probably not since he is a man of integrity.

View attachment 11795

Stop looking to ignore the truth.

Again with yet another cut - n - paste
View attachment 11795

Stop looking to ignore the truth.

Here's an informative article on your BLS stats. https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...e-at-predictions-so-is-everybody-else/282558/ Looks like they missed the mark on damn near everything. From what I see going on in the industry both foreign and domestic, there is going to be a shortage - a big shortage. The average age of the AMTs at AA is almost 55, and that is the case at most large airlines as well. There are less than half as many schools with AMT programs now, as there was when I started. Guys leaving the military with experience, are less inclined to pursue a career in the aircraft maintenance field. These third party maintenance vendors cannot find enough qualified people to work in their sweat shops. Even AA, in the higher cost of living areas is losing new hire AMTs to better paying jobs elsewhere. They hire on, get some training and experience to add to the resume,' ( you know what a resume' is, right) and before they waste too much of their time at AA - they hire on with a company that offers better pay and benefits.

That's because people don't use their own heads. Once you have seen and heard companies getting rid of union positions whether through a strike or outsourcing and the very next day the SAME union trying to sign up the replacement workers I doubt you would follow any union cheerleader over the cliff. Look what you had here, certain AA people believing the restore and more chant while AA was hiring bankruptcy firms. I was just lurking back then and since I had been through it I wanted to speak up, instead I just shook my head and bit my tongue. The idea was absolutely absurd. Ohhh they have 5 billion in the bank......lemmings

You seem pretty good at biting your tongue and standing on the sidelines when it actually matters.

So you want to pay more taxes? You want a weaker military and spend less on our veterans. I know so all the welfare recipients could get an updated Obama IPhone

This tripe again? So inaccurate on so many levels. Sit down.

reagan started the program in 1986...clinton took it from land line to cellular..but obama got all the credit/blame.

we must have many, many millionaire clerks. i can understand voting on social issue(s), but how can any union worker vote for anyone with an 'R' next to their name and then defend republican economics?

Started much, much earlier than Reagan.

Here's a primer: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/

But hey, if anyone here simply cannot stand the idea of poor people having access to America's telecommunications network-you know, for things like calling 911- then there's an easy answer. Simply get rid of your own phone(s), and you'll never have to pay in again. Simple.

How pathetic we are as a group.
An American Airlines union member critizing another AMT from another airline and then asking a baggage smasher for help. This is industrial unionism at its worst. Bob Owens made a comment earlier in the thread to this exact situation. Some of us on this board think we should all stick together as one union regardless of position while we AMT'S are trying to better our profession through communication regardless of who you work for. We AA AMT'S are concerned about our future and need to stick together with the rest of the industry. When other TWU represented members from different work groups start criticizing AMT'S regardless of employer then we have a serious problem. We should support each other within the same union or company but there are situations that boundaries should not be crossed. Union lap dogs appear to be immune to this. We all know who they are on this board. Go ahead, I expect negativity from the usual industrial union I got mine TWU / IAM lapdogs.

Think of it like a hospital. Each group (X-ray techs, surgeons, admin, etc.) should be looking out for their own group, but needs to be smart enough to recognize that w/o everyone else they're dead in the water.

Hey Albert are you always an assjole or is today a special day?
Wait I get it works traveler morphed into 700 who morphed into weaasle which morphed I to HEY,HEY IT'S FAT ALBERT.

Dayum!

That is some disparity. They must really work those guys productivity ,productivity. Weez looking at DL's compare to ours I think I changed my mind on Ready reserve bring them on and pay me"
" I need mine"

We (DL) get paid well...if you're at TOS. The real discussion belongs at the lower & middle tiers of the pay scale. We also pay for that with some serious productivity vv other carriers. 3 man crews anyone?

Here's an informative article on your BLS stats. https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...e-at-predictions-so-is-everybody-else/282558/ Looks like they missed the mark on damn near everything. From what I see going on in the industry both foreign and domestic, there is going to be a shortage - a big shortage. The average age of the AMTs at AA is almost 55, and that is the case at most large airlines as well. There are less than half as many schools with AMT programs now, as there was when I started. Guys leaving the military with experience, are less inclined to pursue a career in the aircraft maintenance field. These third party maintenance vendors cannot find enough qualified people to work in their sweat shops. Even AA, in the higher cost of living areas is losing new hire AMTs to better paying jobs elsewhere. They hire on, get some training and experience to add to the resume,' ( you know what a resume' is, right) and before they waste too much of their time at AA - they hire on with a company that offers better pay and benefits.
Vortilon I heard of AMT shortages 30 years ago I think UAL even started their own school to fill what was going to be a huge shop in IND. I don't know what happened to either venue. I never heard mention of a airline slowing growth because of a AMT shortage in fact we have a guy here who worked the ramp got his licence and applied to AA but they said you need 2 years experience so now he has to go to one of those outsource company's and make less than he is making at fleet to get experience. Pretty screwed up considering most Coneheads get hired directly from Best Buy car stereo installation shops

Vort did you catch the White House Press briefing this morning? And to be honest with you I know plenty of Clerks who completed George T Baker here in MIA and are waiting for an opening to crop up.

But I would like to see AA start up an apprenticeship program and they wouldn't have to worry at all about not having enough skilled tradesmen to take over the job when you guys go off to hit golf balls.

And BTW those apprentice kids would come from Fleet Service. Would you be ok with taking hopefully a good kid with promise (And respect for you and your trade) under your wings?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...f62d88-4f97-11e7-b74e-0d2785d3083d_video.html

Vortilon I heard of AMT shortages 30 years ago I think UAL even started their own school to fill what was going to be a huge shop in IND. I don't know what happened to either venue. I never heard mention of a airline slowing growth because of a AMT shortage in fact we have a guy here who worked the ramp got his licence and applied to AA but they said you need 2 years experience so now he has to go to one of those outsource company's and make less than he is making at fleet to get experience. Pretty screwed up considering most Coneheads get hired directly from Best Buy car stereo installation shops

The only concern I've heard in our industry regarding worker shortages is with Pilots.

Haven't read anything about a future shortage of skilled CSA's, FA's, Ramp Agents or Aircraft Mechanics?

Only Pilots.

The only concern I've heard in our industry regarding worker shortages is with Pilots.

Haven't read anything about a future shortage of skilled CSA's, FA's, Ramp Agents or Aircraft Mechanics?

Only Pilots.
With a good contract and just two years of school it should be a pretty good job especially in lower cost of living cities

Here you go again TWU suck boy. Your cut n paste doesn't tell the entire story. You've had your stool pushed in on this topic at least twice. There is no breakdown on job titles, and the "and relateds" that are included in our numbers are not all FAA licensed AMTs. As was brought up previously, we don't do the hiring, obviously management felt the headcount was necessary. The fleet types that each airline have, AA has over 12. AA has an LMP program, last I heard SWA didn't. AA has a lot more ETOPS flights. These things drive need for headcount. Bottom line, using headcount to justify paying us less, with inferior benefits isn't going to fly again.

I do not know what an LMP program is, but if you explain I will tell you if SWA does or does not, if that would help you.

Weez what I don't get is why your group is so doggone concerned with my group. Why does our desire for different representation matter to you?
On the whole, our group does have it good. Yes, we make more than the median income. So does the fsc group, by a lot! That's not to say we definitely deserve better. This current concessionary cba is unacceptable.
I see your hypothetical as trying to drive more of a wedge. Our facilities folks could walk out the door tomorrow and not have a problem finding comparable work. The hours may be longer. The conditions not as good, but they can easily earn the same amount of money. Would I personally vote away those jobs for another $10 grand a year? I'd like to say no, but I guess it would depend on what we are looking at as a whole. I know the AMT group has certainly been sacrificed over the years.
Honestly Weez, you seem like an intelligent guy. Why worry about our group? You very rarely if ever see us sticking our nose in your business. Personally, I think you and Albert just like stirring things up.
The sacrifice pay for jobs bus has left the bus station. We have been there done that and they still cut jobs. I want what is best for the AMTs.

Well, that didn't last long for someone to address both of them now did it? LOL...

I do not know what an LMP program is, but if you explain I will tell you if SWA does or does not, if that would help you.

Well, that didn't last long for someone to address both of them now did it? LOL...

"I" work for American Airlines
"I" am affected by what happens at American Airlines.

"You" do not work for American Airlines
"You" are not affected by what happens at American Airlines.

Are you bored that there's no activity on Forums by anyone else besides you who works for Southwest Airlines?

I haven't checked AA's AMT requirements lately, but if it's at 2 years than they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel. It was at 5 years for a long time, unless you accepted a junior mechanic position or shop repair person - overhaul only. A guy can't expect to be a homer, and never have to move. Tell your ramp acquaintance - that if he wants in a/c maintenance - he may have to move. I had to start in Tulsa, did my six months, and dropped 3 transfer requests on my supervisors desk. BTW coneheads all have A&Ps - you kinda have to, when it comes time to sign off in the logbook.

Vort did you catch the White House Press briefing this morning? And to be honest with you I know plenty of Clerks who completed George T Baker here in MIA and are waiting for an opening to crop up.

But I would like to see AA start up an apprenticeship program and they wouldn't have to worry at all about not having enough skilled tradesmen to take over the job when you guys go off to hit golf balls.

And BTW those apprentice kids would come from Fleet Service. Would you be ok with taking hopefully a good kid with promise (And respect for you and your trade) under your wings?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...f62d88-4f97-11e7-b74e-0d2785d3083d_video.html

Like I told Albert, MIA is not undesirable with AMTs at AA. Your GTB school guys are gonna have to pay their dues. I had to use a combination of school, military, and 3 different a/c maint jobs. All of which, I relocated for. Nobody said it was gonna be easy. Honestly, the last new hire AMT I saw, was around 2002. If I did see a new one at DFW, I would probably show him why he is being screwed, by staying with AA. In other words, before he/she makes a commitment of time (seniority) try to get on with a company that takes care of their people. Furthermore, not having to belong to a union that cares not for it's AMTs.

Lower minimum program keeping the a/c in cat3 status. The mechanic has to be qualified and also the pilots. On 777 and 787 is just mostly if you have no EICAS message a test in the cfds passes your good to go . To the 737 you do the land verify. If a a/c hasn't done a autoland in 90 days then you restrict the aircraft till a crew dose one on a clear day

Status
Not open for further replies.