Why no contract from the Association?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I told Albert, MIA is not undesirable with AMTs at AA. Your GTB school guys are gonna have to pay their dues. I had to use a combination of school, military, and 3 different a/c maint jobs. All of which, I relocated for. Nobody said it was gonna be easy. Honestly, the last new hire AMT I saw, was around 2002. If I did see a new one at DFW, I would probably show him why he is being screwed, by staying with AA. In other words, before he/she makes a commitment of time (seniority) try to get on with a company that takes care of their people. Furthermore, not having to belong to a union that cares not for it's AMTs.

If you were that kid starting out right now today and doing the research of where you think the best prospects are to maybe have a decent 30+ year career with one Company that you believe will treat you well, who would that Company be?

What are the prospects like for getting in to that Company/Companies?

Would the Military be a better career option than the Civilian market?

We can go back and forth all day again water under the bridge. Bottom line is after a joint contract I could transfer to your station and bump you out of your shift if I'm senior and I'm already planning to do that to the Weez but if you keep annoying me and I'm even more obnoxious in person By the way our cash war chest went to buying back company stock sounds familiar doesn't it

so, you win every lus x laa argument because you have 40 years and can bump 99% fscs out of their shift? so, can i have a guy with 1973 seniority reply to you and end the argument?

i'm glad that wolf bought back $78.98 worth of us air stock...doesn't sound like much of a war chest. laa wasn't buying back stock at the same time? you can only fill up the war chest so much relying on pit-cle flights. who had the bigger war chest? if laa had a bigger war chest, that means laa did better than lus in the 80s-90s...and i was part of that.

bottom line, laa means much more to this combined current airline's overall strength than lus. that is the elephant in the room with you and you need to crap on laa to justify you being ok with today's lus x laa fsc compensation discrepancy. it was nice when lus went from $20/hr to $24/hr, wasn't it? now, it's not ok for laa to have the same holiday/sk/medical...so, let's stall, hopefully there is an impasse and hope this drags out?

your lus filed BK twice in the early 2000s. laa filed BK in 2011 to play catch up with all the other legacy carriers/pensions. end of story.

Reactions: conehead777 and 1AA
Lower minimum program keeping the a/c in cat3 status. The mechanic has to be qualified and also the pilots. On 777 and 787 is just mostly if you have no EICAS message a test in the cfds passes your good to go . To the 737 you do the land verify. If a a/c hasn't done a autoland in 90 days then you restrict the aircraft till a crew dose one on a clear day

Oh, got it. Avionics. Me not well edumacated in avionics. Thx for the explanation though. If it has a wire attached t it I do only basic trouble shooting. If no answer quickly I call for the sparky experts. I will be the first to say me no like wiring problems. But to answer your original question, I have no clue if we have that LMP, I myself have never heard of it at least being called LMP program.

Last edited:
Hey Conehead, did not know where to talk about this but also didn't want to start a new thread as it does affect all of us as a whole. AMFA is working hard on getting us AMT's listed as skilled labor rather than semi or in-skilled. This would be a great move for us AMT's at all airlines in our industry as a whole. Here's an article from AMFA National about it. And for some of you that do not know, one of your own X- fellow mechanics now runs our AMFA National as the National Director. I know most you AMFA supporters knew this but I bet some out here didn't know that. Kinda trivial so thought I would throw it out there. Click here to read up on it, or get it off the AMFA National web site.

Read More

Reactions: conehead777 and 1AA
Can you tell us how you think posting ish like this is helpful?
It's a harmless tit for tat between me and the Coneheads for a while now .It wasn't meant to be nasty and I'm sure really not taken. But more so, really none of your business

Last edited:
When I have to wade through it day in/day out it becomes my business.

Your act is stale, and it makes the board a lesser place. If you prefer that, I can't help you.

Bottom line: you're coming across as a d-bag, and look silly mocking something you know nothing about. Stop it.

Reactions: dfw gen
When I have to wade through it day in/day out it becomes my business.

Your act is stale, and it makes the board a lesser place. If you prefer that, I can't help you.

Bottom line: you're coming across as a d-bag, and look silly mocking something you know nothing about. Stop it.

So you're ok when they mock others intelligence just because they went to Shop class and earned a Certificate?

Some posters on here earn the mockery they receive Kev.

You can do better. I'm pulling for ya.

Give it some thought tonight while you're eating all alone in the house you got from your parents.
You and your friend up in the water cooler always go to the dirty dozens I'm glad I never have done that. I'd never involve someones family ever. You sound like George Costanza when he couldn't come up with a reply "I slept with your wife"

I don't mind it Weez I'm sure he'll give any inheritance to charity he is so righteous

No Kev was trying to allude that he thinks he's better than you because he has a wife and children. So he made a hit on you using IMO what's a very false assumption.

Some of us out there (The weirdos) think the rest of you (The schmucks) should worry a little bit more about your own lives before you think about attacking our way of life.

Hey Al you got Cats. I refuse to even get a live plant. Taking care of other living things is a real drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.