Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Please Post At Each Local

February, 27, 2007

Dear President Canale:

There is much energy that needs to be released since members from coast to coast are 'steamed' that only one party showed up for the arbitration hearing. This includes spoken conversations I have had with 'westies' as long as "East siders", and I believe these conversations are consistent with the whole.

As an IAM member, I think it is ridiculus if you expect your members, as well as the M&R, at US AIRWAYS to just sit and do nothing. Your members want US AIRWAYS to know what they think about the arbitration 'no show'. Solidarity DEMANDS it!

C'mon Randy, don't just sit on your Big Fat tail and expect YOUR members to wait for the latest 'legal update'. What the hell!
Puh leeeeessseee!

How bout you, Roach, Brickner put your heads together, direct, and organize a legal and peaceful picket so US AIRWAYS can "SEE" the human beings that are known as payroll numbers. My bet is that it won't take much coordination for 90% of your members to 'for the first time' Coast to Coast, join together. Even sounds like you'd have an army in PHX that would be willing to legally picket their company's headquarters. That's solidarity Randy...take advantage of this...the strength is in your membership, not goofy legal updates.

If this was United, you, Roach, and Buffy would be walking the lines just like you did at United with the "foot and mouth" disease signs in Chicago.

You should get this done Randy, from one brother to another.
Let's get this done. And you shouldn't hesitate to call anyone for help on this matter.

In solidarity
Tim Nelson

Tim,

You are right to call for this action, but we both know it ain't gonna happen.

Better for the membership to coordinate among themselves and across the system: waiting for IAM leadership to lead is a futile and frustrating exercise. They're too busy figuring out how to finesse a deal with US, and then BS the members.

Perhaps a "Work to the Rule" week?

Tim,

You are right to call for this action, but we both know it ain't gonna happen.

Better for the membership to coordinate among themselves and across the system: waiting for IAM leadership to lead is a futile and frustrating exercise. They're too busy figuring out how to finesse a deal with US, and then BS the members.

Perhaps a "Work to the Rule" week?
I really don't think a work action is the answer for this at this time.

But it appears 141 is unresponsive to a picket.

regards,

When folks from PHX ramp picketed corp hq and Mill Avenue, it definitely attracted attention. Larry Leseuer came running with tears streaming down his cheeks wanting to "talk". IAM did not have anything to do with this picket. It was done only on the initiative of individuals. Wait for IAM to do anything, you will be waiting for a very long time. Useless cowards.

When folks from PHX ramp picketed corp hq and Mill Avenue, it definitely attracted attention. Larry Leseuer came running with tears streaming down his cheeks wanting to "talk". IAM did not have anything to do with this picket. It was done only on the initiative of individuals. Wait for IAM to do anything, you will be waiting for a very long time. Useless cowards.
i know, incredibly useless.

I think what happens is the IAM 141 is so much in bed with your company that doing anything for their members would have to be very discreet because they wouldn't want the company to catch them cheating.

regards,

i know, incredibly useless.

I think what happens is the IAM 141 is so much in bed with your company that doing anything for their members would have to be very discreet because they wouldn't want the company to catch them cheating.

regards,
Mr Nelson, most of us agree with you on this one. It is time for EVERYONE to wake up. They need to do what you sugguest. This also needs to get out to the media.
I wish the people down on the ramp would wake up & start doing what the PHX employee says they are doing out there. I hear we have some equipment that is very much unsafe.

Have heard ALPA has erected a beautiful billboard off 95 next to the PHL airport to vioce their displeasure with the company and lack of negotiating. Looks very nice and gets the point across. From the IAM=NOTHING!!! They did file the suit which made a small block in various newspapers but that's is about it!! Now who knows how long it will be tied up in the court system. Members just keep working as iff all is well. Its about time they get off their dead A**** and do something!!!!And please not the T-Shirt thing again!!!!Picketing would help get the point across that all is not well at the new U and we are not one big happy family no matter what Doug & Co seem to think.

I also Agree. It is high time the IAM grows some Ball$ towards the Company. It is only my opinion, but if the IAM does do something positive for it's members, I would expect a MAJOR DESERTIFICATION DRIVE ! ! !

I also Agree. It is high time the IAM grows some Ball$ towards the Company. It is only my opinion, but if the IAM does do something positive for it's members, I would expect a MAJOR DESERTIFICATION DRIVE ! ! !
Is it possible to grow balls after you have castrated yourself and become a company eunich? Not sure if Balls reproduce themselves.The IAm did the right thing at Eastern and preserved an industry but soon afterwards it appears a deal was cut with the government. Lorenzo got banned, and my bet is the IAM was collared and castrated by the government. There is no evidence that the IAM has these balls you speak of.

Separately, if Barbeetandrums picketed the old America West corportate headquarters, I think if he/she looked closely in the company windows they would have seen the IAM bosses there 'peeking out' from under the table.
That's why Canale and the IAM are arm's length away from ALL members. I can't speak for the M & R district but that's the way it's been for fleet.

As far as decertification, it's a very reasonable idea, one in which I would be for since Canale has done nothing and Labor continues to 'pimp off' its members with piss clam representation. Labor must be reinvented in this country instead of appearing as a fossilized jurrasiclike figure.

regards,

Is it possible to grow balls after you have castrated yourself and become a company eunich? Not sure if Balls reproduce themselves.

Believe that certain species of nematodes (worms) can reproduce their balls. I have in the past in this forum referred to AGC Bill Chandlee as a "worm". Perhaps he is one of the species that reproduce balls. I doubt it.