IAM mechanic thread 3/20-

how many revenue flights do we still operate in pit? i'm sure the union will step in and protect the posistions with sacrifices elswhere.

Just finished reading an interesting article in the WSJ with regards to maintenance outsourcing, seems among the majors Southest is first in terms or outsourcing maintenance $$ spent at 61.7% and USAir is second at 60.4%....American is the lowest with only 23.3% of its work sent out. In terms of pay Soutwest is at the top and USair near the bottom.........Glad the "Fighting Machinists" are taking care of the membership???? :angry:

PIT line avionics RIP July 5th 2010. All cuts scheduled for July 5th. 18 mainline flights a day adding 1 per next week.

By the way the boys at the IAM are doing a fine job; MOC personal make 5-6 dollars an hour more that mechanics and has a better retirement. And to boot they don't have to turn wrenches.

My guess is that after the next contract Jan. 2011 PIT maintenance will go Tango Uniform.

PIT line avionics RIP July 5th 2010. All cuts scheduled for July 5th. 18 mainline flights a day adding 1 per next week.

By the way the boys at the IAM are doing a fine job; MOC personal make 5-6 dollars an hour more that mechanics and has a better retirement. And to boot they don't have to turn wrenches.

My guess is that after the next contract Jan. 2011 PIT maintenance will go Tango Uniform.

At least 6 from PIT got selected for those lucrative MOC jobs, just in time.

I don't know if you're being serious or not, but where were the wonderful IAM boys while they were having the meetings explaining the cuts to the guys? Oh that's right, no where to be found, as usual.

And from what I heard, those affected have to bump a vacancy. Where were the IAM boys to explain this?

Also, if what you guess about the Jan. 2011 contract is correct, it will be the "cuts that reverberate throughout the company". You have basically 350 of the most senior people in the maintenance department, and unless they are "absorbed" (new IAM catch phrase), 350 or more will be affected in all the maintenance bases over the entire system.

At least 6 from PIT got selected for those lucrative MOC jobs, just in time.

I don't know if you're being serious or not, but where were the wonderful IAM boys while they were having the meetings explaining the cuts to the guys? Oh that's right, no where to be found, as usual.

And from what I heard, those affected have to bump a vacancy. Where were the IAM boys to explain this?

Also, if what you guess about the Jan. 2011 contract is correct, it will be the "cuts that reverberate throughout the company". You have basically 350 of the most senior people in the maintenance department, and unless they are "absorbed" (new IAM catch phrase), 350 or more will be affected in all the maintenance bases over the entire system.

Of course I was not serious about the IAM being on the ball. All I can hear is their catch phrase "They can do that." As to the prophesy, any one who worked Cleveland, Utica, Greensboro, Winston, Roanoke, Indianapolis, Buffalo, etc. can see this one coming. It bears all the usual hall marks, (you have been right sized to the perfect fit, don't worry, etc.).

Lets see the membership approved the CBA and yes the company sets the manpower and its ok under the CBA, do you all not read the language?

I am no way pro-company at all but they do have the right to run their business as long as its within the parameters of the CBA.

And how many mechanics do you need for 20 flights?

And ask the pilots and and FAs who use to be based in BWi, BOS, LGA, MIA, GSO, ILM, LAX, SFO, IND and any other worker that has been displaced by the company closing stations and bases.

Its something that isnt new at US or any other airline.

"They can do that", really starting to love that response....but anymore with the IAM that seems to be the norm!! As for the "yes" vote the membership ratified the CBA(POS) only after the "second" vote after the leadership(???) advised all they were confused!!

I agree there are parameters of the contract, but with the IAM its always those "letters of agreement" or "seeetheart deals" that most worry about? What good is a contract if its not enforced?

PIT can go "Tango Uniform" any time the company may choose. They are no longer listed as a protected station.

"They can do that", really starting to love that response....but anymore with the IAM that seems to be the norm!! As for the "yes" vote the membership ratified the CBA(POS) only after the "second" vote after the leadership(???) advised all they were confused!!

I agree there are parameters of the contract, but with the IAM its always those "letters of agreement" or "seeetheart deals" that most worry about? What good is a contract if its not enforced?
First of all your working under a CBA that was ratified after bankruptcy and you got things back that was lost under the final offer CBA that was only voted on once during the second bankruptcy.

The revote was back in 2002, eight years ago and two CBAs ago.

And Dave was gonna have us vote anyhow, without the IAM being involved, its eight years later and three CBAs after, is that the best you can do?

"60.4% of maintenence $$$ outsourced", yet USAir mechanics are among the lowest paid in the business. Something to be said about who is doing the negotiating?

Latest posts

Back