US Pilots Labor Discussion 2/10- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
GF- I live in PHL. Believe me, NOBODY drives to Dulles or JFK to fly. The only one I hear anyone doing is Newark, and only if it is really a deal. If anyone would be stupid enough to dump PHL, they would be making a huge financial blunder. There are a lot of companies here. Believe me, Dulles is not right down the road, that is a 3+45 drive or more with traffic.

Welll yeah? What about the people that will drive from Chicago, New York, and D.C.? And Miami too!! What about them? See.. PHL ain't worth nothing to no real airline... oops, sorry, the radio frequency got crossed over for a sort period there. I was beginning to emulate genius. :lol:

What the heck does that have to do with seniority integration? Sounds like a "My watch used to be bigger than your watch is so I deserve whatever I want" argument to me.

Next, if you look at that chart it shows the West pilots bringing up the average for all US pilots after the merger - the East pilots certainly didn't get higher pay rates under LOA 93.

And if you're going to link to something, at least get the title right - it's a chart from MIT's Airline Data Project, not a MIT pilot wage study.

Jim

I was replying to a previous posters comments sir. I believe that you are interfering with the exchange of ideas that was taking place between myself and the poster I am referring to. I also believe the link posted speaks for itself and intelligent readers do not require your comments.

I have read your comments today and I suppose at this time you will resort to unprofessional name calling as you have throughout this recent thread.

You know that the boys in filthydelphia think we are all cowboys and live in squalor.

Of course PHX would be nicer without all the east coast trash that move here and try to make it like the rusted out holes that they came from.

1) Not at all true good sir! I've long thought that those who willingly elect to live in a frikkin' desert must reasonably only do so for the spiritually cleansing aspects of existing in a 24-7/365 open air sweat lodge...not to mention the peyote rituals......

2) More to the points of the thread though: "PHX would be nicer without all the east trash"/etc affords yet another sound argument in favor of the maintaining of seperate ops...no?

Large to US, absolutely. Large compared to NYC, Washington, Chicago, etc - not so much.

What's to trade? US owns nothing but the ground equipment and office supplies. Who could use it? As I said, all the legacies already have hubs nearby.

And US didn't trade with WN to achieve that result. US gave up the BWI hub, just as any legacy that bought US would give up the PHL hub.

Because the airline with the original of the new paint job would gain little or nothing from it. The oh so valuable PHL traffic could be added to one of the other legacies hubs with a dozen of so connecting flights a day - why take on the US headache to get it. After all, without connecting traffic PHL wouldn't be making money for US and that connecting traffic could be easily routed over another legacy's nearby hub.

Even Parker is realizing that US has little to offer to a potential merger partner. That is true for CLT except for one thing - as I said before, no other legacy has a southeast hub except DL, so CLT has that going for it as a turnkey operation. Likewise the Shuttle, which I neglected to mention, might be valuable to any legacy carrier other than DL (although it's value isn't as great as it once was).

Jim
Have you been to PHL lately? I live here, and many people I know, fly right out of here Int'l. The exec from Glaxo or Wyeth-Pfizer, Sanofi does not drive to NYC to fly Int'l to save the company a few bucks. What you have said is right out of the Legacy Carrier Playbook. Overlook the obvious, leave, then someone with agility and brains comes in and makes it happen. The carrier with the different paint gains nothing from it if the paint is AA DAL UAL or one of the RJ laden followers of each other. The paint of LUV and Airtran and Jetblue get it. They make it happen.

2007 Largest American Cities by population

Phoenix #5
Philadelphia #6
Charlotte #19

Which would you pick for a hub? Plus you have ATC congestion at PHL that cannot be overcome without major reductions in WAS or NYC.

Plus PHX has yet to be closed for 36 hours because of 14" of snow.

I am confident that the limitations to rerouting passengers during the Philly Whiteout due to the segregation of crews was not overlooked by Parker and Co. This could be the impetus to pushing for consolidation.
Hey Luvn- the Phila metro region, METRO REGION, PHL, Trenton, Wilmington De. and all the suburbs dwarfs PHX. Yes, maybe the city limits of PHX hold more than PHL.The overall population draw is much greater. Next time you get that long final in PHL, check it out.I wonder why SWA keeps coming on here? Even Parker gets it.

How many flights a day did PIT have before the merger? How many flights a day do they have now? Was PIT not one of the east’s big deal hubs? Did some other airline come charging in there to pick up all of the traffic?

I don’t think so. PHL could go away as a hub in the airline system and no one would miss it. A few more RJ’s to IAD and it’s a done deal.

How long was BOS an east hub? Anyone think that the airline could get along without it?

Don’t get to locked into believe your own press.

The market and demographics of PHL and PIT are so different, it's like comparing apples and diesel generators.

Your argument does not hold hold water.

I admit that some east employees had the perception that PIT was a big deal hub, but the reality was always quite different (much to the dismay of the PIT airport bond holders.) Yeah, now I'm going to hear the history of how TWA even made it a hub back int he day. Well, TWA abandoned it, too. For a reason.

Hey Luvn- the Phila metro region, METRO REGION, PHL, Trenton, Wilmington De. and all the suburbs dwarfs PHX.

Yet PHL is #11 on the list of cities ranked by O&D traffic - behind #9 PHX. It appears, despite the two people you know who don't drive to NYC/IAD, that PHL generates far less O&D traffic than it should for it's population base.

Tell me again why PHL, with it tremendous amount of O&D traffic, would be such a great asset to another legacy...

Jim

I admit that some east employees had the perception that PIT was a big deal hub, but the reality was always quite different

Always? Remind me - which city had the only hub for US (and it's various names) for the first 40+ years of it's existence?

Jim

Yet PHL is #11 on the list of cities ranked by O&D traffic - behind #9 PHX. It appears, despite the two people you know who don't drive to NYC/IAD, that PHL generates far less O&D traffic than it should for it's population base.

Tell me again why PHL, with it tremendous amount of O&D traffic, would be such a great asset to another legacy...

Jim

Well Jim,

It is kind of simple.....it makes money. Listen to the "crew news" in JAN at CLT. Parker states "the PHL and CLT do well for us even though they are not mega hubs like ATL or DFW. He didn't mention PHX at all in his remarks. It comes down to yields, volume, and location. Face it pal, we have the goods and you want them. We don't want you to have them. Have you hugged a saguaro today?

inverted

"the PHL and CLT do well for us even though they are not mega hubs like ATL or DFW

So you use Parker's words to agree with what I said - PHL is a good hub for US but not as good a hub as as those at bigger cities. Glad we have agreement.

He didn't mention PHX at all in his remarks.

Actually he has, you must not have seen those crew news sessions. According to Parker, PHX is also profitable. Since you quote his words as factual, it must be so.

Jim

PS - I know money is tight under LOA 93 but you really need to spend the buck for a program so you'll know who's who around these parts.

So you use Parker's words to agree with what I said - PHL is a good hub for US but not as good a hub as as those at bigger cities. Glad we have agreement.

Actually he has, you must not have seen those crew news sessions. According to Parker, PHX is also profitable. Since you quote his words as factual, it must be so.

Jim

PS - I know money is tight under LOA 93 but you really need to spend the buck for a program so you'll know who's who around these parts.

Who cares who's who...............

Inverted

Who cares who's who...............

Just trying to save you a little embarrassment. I'm not necessarily your "pal", don't want any "goods" you think you have, you couldn't give them to me if you wanted to, and I've never seen a saguaro except in pictures. But keep it up - you're valuable for the laughs you provide with your head in the sand and your rear end sticking up.

Jim

Just trying to save you a little embarrassment. I'm not necessarily your "pal", don't want any "goods" you think you have, you couldn't give them to me if you wanted to, and I've never seen a saguaro except in pictures. But keep it up - you're valuable for the laughs you provide with your head in the sand and your rear end sticking up.

Jim

Thanks, you know we must try to keep these discussions light and add humor when able. There is not enough true knowledge to take anyone that seriously here. "Pal" is a figure of speech that does not have a derogatory tone. I use it all the time. Have some fun with this. Peace out

Status
Not open for further replies.