Organizing drives to oust the IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
tim i am not sure what to do you say the iam is bad but you still tried to get a position with them i dont understand that and people tell me you tried to start your own union is that true ? the inside people say the teamsters forced their transtion agreement on them without a vote and by you not sayin different i think that is true and that is way worse than what the iam did so i dont know who to believe. if you are orginizing for the teamsters you should know how they handled the inside people and be able to answer my question please and also are you going to get a job with the teamsters? i hope you can see my problem you say the iam is bad the inside people say the teamsters are bad you tried to start your own union and tried to get a position with the iam so who are the good guys in all of this that will look out for the average ramp guy?

1776phl welcome to the forum.

Being that you are new to this forum as I am, you will find a vast amount of information and misinformation.
First, the forum uses threads that are targeted largely to a particular group. This thread is a fleet service thread
and the majority of members and guests who follow or participate are fleet service. May I suggest finding a
customer service thread or start your own thread with a title for example "NEEDING CUSTOMER SERVICE INFO."
With over 13000 members of this forum I'm sure there is someone knowledgeable with IBT/CWA.

There is a feature in this forum that you can use that allows you to review a particular members post. If you use
this you will find that Tim Nelson is open about his history and is not a IBT rep. just a point man. He mentions
his attempts to do things to make a change within the Union but was not received well. He is transparent about
his attempts to make a change by doing whatever it takes (finding an another interested union or starting one
himself). This you do not need to hear second hand. Check out the "Jeff Hayden" thread, he breaks it all down
there.

If people do not answer your questions may I suggest that you don"t ask leading questions. This makes people
suspicious. They see your name 1776phl and it suggests "union loyalist" not someone really looking for answers
to make a decision about what, we do not know. You could also be an IAM $100,000 club member phishing, trying
to target Tim specifically rather than trying to gain legitimate information. You could be Randy Canolie trying to get
some payback. You ask for information and bash all in one thread all in one day. This can cause members to
question your motivations without the benefit of knowing anything about you.

Check out http://www.cwa.net as I did and check out the newsletter archives to see the time line from the time
the membership voted on the combined union to the integration and transition.

09/19/05 - Suggestion of an Alliance
10/13/05 - 80% vote by the membership for an Alliance
12/06/05 - IBT + CWA has reached an Interim Transition Agreement
It includes:
1. End the pay step freeze for US Airways agents effective this coming April 1, 2006 – snap up to $18 per hour top rate from the current $17;

2. Reinstate the Vacation Option II (bid holidays as vacation) for US Airways effective the next vacation bid (Fall 2006);

3. Raise US Airways Mainline Express Agents to the Mainline pay scale in the following steps:

* $.40 raise on 4/1/06;
* four months later MLE Agents will be increased 25% of the difference between their current rate and the Mainline rate;
* six months later MLE Agents will be increased to 50% of the difference between their then current rate and the Mainline rate;
* five months later MLE Agents will be increased to 75% of the difference between their current rate and the Mainline rate;
* five months later MLE Agents will be increased to 100% of the Mainline rate.

4. Raise America West Agents to the CWA US Airways Mainline pay scale in the same increments listed in #3 above.

5. Transition America West agents to all the other provisions of the CWA US Airways passenger service contract by 6/1/06, or send all unresolved issues to arbitration.

6. US Airways recognizes the CWA/IBT Association as the legal representative of the agents and the existing CWA US Airways Passenger Service contract remains in full effect.

7. "Seamless Service" provisions for cross-utilizing US Airways and America West agents at overlap stations are established.

I find this difficult to see this as something jammed up their throats. They lost no membership not even in the future.
They gained Mainline Express Who are also at mainline rates. Hell, they were integrated at date of hire. Even the
TWU dispatchers who were both TWU pre-merger didn't settle seniority integration until April of this year(also date of hire).
I dont see snapback provisions at the end of the contract. I think they are the only group, correct me if I'm wrong, who has
enjoyed positive integration within our company.

3 month timeline. No amendable date. No snapbacks at the "end" of the contract. They kept their profit sharing. ??????

I am Fleet Service so I do not know your CS friends grievances towards their contract. I am like you in that I
am also searching for helpful information. The IBT/CWA contract is down loadable off their website and includes all
modifications both BK and Transition.

Hope this helps you in your quest whoever you are 1776phl,

thanks for the reply i am not new to the forum i didnt ask question before and i regret that now i am not bashing anyone i am just starting to question everyones motives i voted no for the transtion agreement because tim said there would be another offer but that didnt happen so now instead of making 19 an hour next week i will still be at 17 so i think iwas mislead the inside girls told us that they did not get to vote on there ta or coc because of the teamsters and i just want to know if that is true because if it is i will have to seriuosly question tims motives because how could he reccomend them if that is what they did if he is not just trying to get a 100000 job at our expense i dont want to be mislead again and before i sign a card i want to know the truth from tim and i guess you are his friend and thanks for trying to answer my question but tim is pushing them so i think he should answer or he is hiding something and it is probably that he wants to join the 100000 club i work in phl but am not associated with the union guys i know who they are but we have different circles i know i should go to union meetings but i dont i think it is a legitmate question that needs to be answered and sorry if you thonk i was bashing anyone i am just really starting to get suspicious of everyones motives so someone from the teamsters please answer my question

If you want to know the truth then Tim is the LAST person you should ask. There are good leaders in your union locally. Ask them they have the answers and if they don't ... they are the ones to get it to you. Go to a union meeting and find out for yourself what's going on. You're right there are plenty of personal agendas out there and Tim is one of them. Find one of the committee persons and talk to them. They always have time to discuss and go over any questions you may have. There's no doubt that they will be happy to talk to you. I know that for an absolute fact.

If you want to know the truth then Tim is the LAST person you should ask. There are good leaders in your union locally. Ask them they have the answers and if they don't ... they are the ones to get it to you. Go to a union meeting and find out for yourself what's going on. You're right there are plenty of personal agendas out there and Tim is one of them. Find one of the committee persons and talk to them. They always have time to discuss and go over any questions you may have. There's no doubt that they will be happy to talk to you. I know that for an absolute fact.
You mean as in Tim...(Rush Limbaugh)?

thanks for the reply i am not new to the forum i didnt ask question before and i regret that now i am not bashing anyone i am just starting to question everyones motives i voted no for the transtion agreement because tim said there would be another offer but that didnt happen so now instead of making 19 an hour next week i will still be at 17 so i think iwas mislead the inside girls told us that they did not get to vote on there ta or coc because of the teamsters and i just want to know if that is true because if it is i will have to seriuosly question tims motives because how could he reccomend them if that is what they did if he is not just trying to get a 100000 job at our expense i dont want to be mislead again and before i sign a card i want to know the truth from tim and i guess you are his friend and thanks for trying to answer my question but tim is pushing them so i think he should answer or he is hiding something and it is probably that he wants to join the 100000 club i work in phl but am not associated with the union guys i know who they are but we have different circles i know i should go to union meetings but i dont i think it is a legitmate question that needs to be answered and sorry if you thonk i was bashing anyone i am just really starting to get suspicious of everyones motives so someone from the teamsters please answer my question

1776phl,

Please use punctuation.

It is difficult to break your sentences apart.
Did you go to the IBT/CWA website. The answers you want are there if you truly want answers to your questions.
You need to stop being lead around by he said/she said information. If you are not new to the website, then you
see the links that members provide to websites such as the NMB, DOL, and other places that give you first hand
information, not opinion. Although opinions are what make up this forum, you have to know how to filter them.
The link for the District 141 Transition agreement is:
http://www.iam141.org/PDF/US%20Airways/IAM....FINAL.1145.pdf
If you go there and read, you will realize that the IAM delayed your $19.00/hr for 6 months and no you would
not be making that this week.

Also, please provide the link to the thread where Tim makes the statement " Vote no because there will be another offer"
because I don't recall seeing that one!

Thanks,

red sorry about the puncuation but im just a ramp guy and your are wrong about the 19 30 days fromsept 5 which is 8 days from now we would have went to 19 i read that off the website the answer about the teamsters not voting on there change of control is not on any of the websites so i thought tim should know that if it is true and tell us i still dont know what to believe and you guys wont answer my question thanks goodoldboy i talked to them and they said do not sign any cards because it could lead to decertification and the surviving union would just administer our existing contract so i dont know why tim would push for them and he did say there is another offer dont take the first one but that did not happen so now i am stuck at 17 great....

hey 1776 it is amazing that as soon as something that nelson doesnt want to answer comes up he disappears. it is good to finally see some of the people are starting to see things the way they really are. agenda anyone? Tim?

red sorry about the puncuation but im just a ramp guy and your are wrong about the 19 30 days fromsept 5 which is 8 days from now we would have went to 19 i read that off the website

1776phl,

You are misunderstanding what you read on the website. If the t/a had won, you would not have seen $19.00 for at least a minimum of 6 months. If you don't believe that, then ask some of your co-workers whether what I'm saying is true or not. Find a copy of the t/a and ask someone to explain it to you. Don't be satisfied with one answer, ask a few ramp agents. Then go and ask two different shop stewards, or union reps. Assess the answers that you get and then make your own decision as to who is telling you the truth.

Rogue

red sorry about the puncuation but im just a ramp guy and your are wrong about the 19 30 days fromsept 5 which is 8 days from now we would have went to 19 i read that off the website the answer about the teamsters not voting on there change of control is not on any of the websites so i thought tim should know that if it is true and tell us i still dont know what to believe and you guys wont answer my question thanks goodoldboy i talked to them and they said do not sign any cards because it could lead to decertification and the surviving union would just administer our existing contract so i dont know why tim would push for them and he did say there is another offer dont take the first one but that did not happen so now i am stuck at 17 great....

go phishing somewhere else !

ramp i just got a copy of our ta it clearly states that 30 days from ratification the class 1 cities would go to 19 that would have been from sept 5 the class 2 and awa would have recieved ther raise in 2 steps which would have taken 6 months so now cause i listened to tim and redeye and didnt ask questions i am stuck at 17 and now redeye tells me to ask question elsewere now the teamster drive was a complete failure i am glad they didnt answer my questions or my have signed a card i think those guys are just trying to get union jobs at our expense and willing to risk decertifing the union and all of our jobs for ther own gain it is really sad i know now i should have taken the 19 and listened to the union guys atn work thanks for repling thou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts