Organizing drives to oust the IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone i asked this question and have not gotten an answer if someone could help please the inside people are telling us that the ibt cwa leadership imposed their transition agreement on them without a vote and the alliance is not benefitting anyone except the ibt cwa because either union did not want to lose the dues i would just like to know if this is true so we have some good info thanks for the help

Sorry, to follow up on my previous post I remember AGC Bill Freiberger at a union meeting in PHL around 96' telling us, ' You guys will never get as good a contract as the IBT one, you might as well get used to it.' Other FSA's from PHL can bear me out on this one, and back me up, if they're not all in the cornfield, that is.
muircross,
you're right but I wouldn't get too caught up in 700's smoke. This is about the IAM and their treason against fleet service right here at US AIRWAYS. The reason why there is an IBT campaign and an IBEW campaign is because of the IAM's insistance on treating fleet service like red headed step children. And it's easier to change the union than to vote out Parker's boy, Boss Canale.

At any rate, the IBT campaign will be commencing shortly with the full support of the IBT INTL. Without spending a dime, the IBT already has accumulated close to 30% of worker signatures. This is from coast to coast. All hubs are in the hundreds, both east and west. This is unheard of in organizing and sure to signal the IAM's quick exit, IMO, 30 days after the IBT's airline locals are fully engaged.

Separately, I heard Boss Canale had a conference call and that he was expecting something from the IBT Airline Division Director. That was a lie in a desperate and misguided attempt to try to keep people from signing IBT cards. Canale's boys were saying the IBT campaign was a Timmy Nelson thing. To PIT, please know that Canale doesn't speak for the IBT and the IBT is much bigger than that and this campaign has the full support of the IBT INTL. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar and mark that man.

Let me explain the process of where we are at. The IBT organizes through Joint Councils now. This organizing drive will be handled by IBT Joint Council 25, otherwise known as the Chicago Teamsters. Once the Joint councils start the drives, it enlist the INTL support so that the INTL will definately be involved and the US AIRWAYS Fleet service have the full attention of the INTL IBT, all the way to the top. This particular drive will strategize with the full support of the IBT's airline locals.
Many workers are calling the airline division and the organizing department but those offices are not involved in this campaign. Again, the IBT process is to run an organizing drive through a Joint Council with the INTL support. This isn't exclusive to our organizing effort since joint councils also handle other airline organizing drives.

Anyways, wanted to clear the air on some of Boss Canale's **** **** rumor mill.

regards,

tim could you please answer my question about the ibt if you dont know ill try and find the answer

COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATOR--

MOD COMMENT--This is WAY over the line--enjoy time off.

Here's an update as of Sept 26, Charotte reps helping Change over and Date of Single Certificate in Phoenix. Our rep for the IAM breezed thru the breakroom. Challenged, he stated that they, the IAM are organizing possible Section Six negotiations around the 8th of Sept to negotiate for the West, this is during the Arbitration for the East.
O.K. They are considering what to do next. And it's all about the West and the Twu contract that is negotiable, still! So, what are they able to Create for AWA while East waits for Arbitration. This is a last chance for IAM. Get it resolved and include field stations to be protected, and Cargo, and related groups, for and into the rest of the East' contract in 2009. After that may we all be included into and after the 2009 resolution of the integegrated contracts that go forward for US. AIRWAYS. Say, bye-bye to AWA.

We don't need a new union! We need to INTEGRATE AWA/US/AIRWAYS and possibly save field stations. Don't think another union can make a big difference! We need the current union to unite the merging companies. All unions think alike! They are being sympathetic to relating groups. They need to think about the survival of workers AND company.

We don't need a new union! We need to INTEGRATE AWA/US/AIRWAYS and possibly save field stations. Don't think another union can make a big difference! We need the current union to unite the merging companies. All unions think alike! They are being sympathetic to relating groups. They need to think about the survival of workers AND company.
Don't think another union can make a difference? Just the mention of TEAMSTER and organizing drive of IBT has ALREADY made a difference. When was the last time your station chair wrote a 2 page love letter? When was the last time your station chair mentioned section 6 negotiations? When was the last time your station chair recognized the west may be included in the east COC?
Thank those who are busting their butt in PHX and campaigning for the IBT. I could guarantee you that your station chair wouldn't have done squat and only now is trying to 'cool' the place down by blowing smoke up your a$$.
In 18 months the IAM didn't even acknowledge section 6, and didn't even acknowledge COC for the west. They were telling you I was full of #### and lying. Yes lithuanian, a new union will help...it already is cleaning things up and getting the IAM off its deadwood. Next stop is to kick Parker's boy Canale back up to his United Airline Board of Director chair where he belongs.

Anyways, getting back to your post, why does anyone need to unite the merging companies without first taking care of workers? I'm not sure I follow your thinking on that. Me and you are clearly on different ends. We don't need to intergrate anything. Parker needs to integrate to realize the synergies of the merger and to attract 'new investment' and if he doesn't start recognizing that he NEEDS to treat workers with dignity and respect then screw it all. I have not heard such nonsensical babble in quite some time.

At any rate, I firmly believe the IAM and Parker's boy, Canale, is 100% in agreement with you. The problem isn't that you need the current union to unite merging companies but rather you need the current union to represent 'human beings' in a merging company. This isn't happening and that is why the Collective Bargaining Agent must be replaced. Your union failed in this for over 18 months and only when it saw IBT cards flying did it finally put out a letter to you that it was looking into section 6 negotiations for you. Imagine that after 18 months! By signing several hundred cards in PHX you forced the IAM to finally recognize section 6 negotiations.
I also received a copy of your letter today. Notice, as I have been telling you, the west may be included in any COC award. Parker knows this, I know this and the IAM knows this. However, not until IBT cards started flying around did the IAM finally admit this was possible in the letter from the PHX chair. PHX, keep signing those cards because the more cards you sign the more the IAM will get up off its deadwood a$$. Competition is very good and choice is 'good'. Sign your IBT and IBEW cards and together we can keep things accountable AND stay united together.

And while I'm at it, a big thanks to LAS and alot of smaller cities out west for signing all their cards.
Let's get this done.

regards,

tim could you please answer my question about the ibt if you dont know ill try and find the answer
I think the IBT is big enough to answer this question and doesn't need Tim Nelson to answer this one. When the IBT campaign officially kicks off, I'm confident all questions will be answered. My understanding is that a Teamster ogranizing committee website should be up and running 'shortly'.
In the meantime, do what you wish 1776.

regards,

tim i am not sure what to do you say the iam is bad but you still tried to get a position with them i dont understand that and people tell me you tried to start your own union is that true ? the inside people say the teamsters forced their transtion agreement on them without a vote and by you not sayin different i think that is true and that is way worse than what the iam did so i dont know who to believe. if you are orginizing for the teamsters you should know how they handled the inside people and be able to answer my question please and also are you going to get a job with the teamsters? i hope you can see my problem you say the iam is bad the inside people say the teamsters are bad you tried to start your own union and tried to get a position with the iam so who are the good guys in all of this that will look out for the average ramp guy?

There’s only one person who can look out for the average ramp guy 1776 , and that’s the average ramp guy , namely YOU . There’s no magical union fairy that’s going to come and wave it’s wand and POOF we will have a new better TA agreement or contract . I don’t care WHICH union comes in , without the force to back up it’s claims , without a unity of workers locked arm in arm behind it , any union will be toothless . No my brother WE will free ourselves!!!! However , it’s not quite time yet , this COC has to be decided , and I feel that it won’t be much longer , also I don’t believe the union will win , but even in defeat there shall be the rebirth of the union .

It won’t be much longer now , hang in there .

thanks freedom i would like to make a decsion so i could help but i would like some of my questions answered. i guess tim is just like the rest looking for a union job or he would answer my question about whether the teamsters forced the transtion agreement on their membership and if they did how could anyone support them unless they were looking for a union job its really ashame but like you said i geuss we have to look out for ourselves good luck to you freedom and i hope tim and guys like tim get what they are looking for just not off our backs

tim i see you are on this topic could you answer my questions please you said in a early post you were trying to clear the air will you do that on this subject ?

1776 my ears have heard what happened was that the company negotiated with the CWA/IBT for an improved contract starting with the old east contract. All they had to do was improve the existing contract on the east and basically transition the west employees into it. The west employees never had a contract so therefore had no merger provisions to go by.

thanks for the reply but thats not what we are hearing the inside people here are saying they had change of control language just like us but the teamsters gave it away and imposed the agreement in exchange for dropping the grievance and recognizing the two unions as the represenatives i cant possibly see how any of that could be good and if they represented the inside at awa since 04 why didnt they have a contract any info would be helpful i dont understand why tim wont answer if he is a teamster rep why not just tell the truth so we can all make a good decision i am starting to think all these union guys are just in it for themselves i think tim also said that the west people should not get any of our profit sharing that sounds like a very selfish person to me and not the union way i am glad you guys got it it was the right thing to do

Tim is on the organizing commitee in Chicago....not a Teamster rep. per say.
You have organizers in PHL ask them....they can get you answers....Better yet, if you have a ? about what happened to the CSA people....ask a CSA rep. .....and you may feel more informed getting the info from someone you know as opposed to strangers on this board.

My 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.