Iam Really Is A Scab Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
fanlube said:
You are missing the entire point here einstein! AMFA a labor union is on strike at NWA, The IAM another labor union is showing no support and actually allowing it's members to take the jobs of guys who are picketing. Like I said before if a person goes on strike and you start doing that persons job while he is on strike you are a scab! Read it slow so you will understand!!
[post="290154"][/post]​

Thank you so much for underestimating my intelligence.

It was you who missed my point. Perhaps I wasn't clear; I know very well what "performing struck work" is and entails. On that point we agree, BTW.

My (rhetorical) question was asking what you thought about the fact that this work has been performed for years-decades even- at 90-95% of NWA's stations;not what you think about other work groups now performing this work...

I'll ask again:

What about the people (ESE's & CSA's) that have been performing this work at stations where NW has never staffed AMT's? They've been pushing, riding brakes, doing airstarts for years. Do you think they've been "scabbing" all this time? Now that AMFA is on strike, what has changed for the people in these (and only these) stations?

Here's another: There are only a handful of stations that have cleaners (stations with over 5 RON A/C). Everywhere else IAM employees handle this (or in a few cases, vendored out). What about the people who have been doing this work? Were they scabs Thursday? Last week? Last year?

You can rest assured if the roles were reversed, the IAM would be screaming scab.

OTOH, I understand some of the fleet IAM work got outsourced to.........
a vendor with IAM employees.

In the same local, no less!

Solidarity forever!

diogenes said:
You can rest assured the the roles were reversed, the IAM would be screaming scab.

[post="290193"][/post]​

No question about it.

I just find it interesting that AMFA never balked (at least very loudly) about the 100+ stations where pushbacks, etc. and A/C cleaning have been performed by IAM members for years.

It's also interesting that all of a sudden these people are considered scabs by some on this board for performing work that the've been performing-with at least AMFA's tacit approval-for years.

I'm not looking to wind anyone up, or regurgitate the IAM vs AMFA vs IAM vs AMFA debate, nor am I an apologist for the IAM. I'm just curious what people think about this particular scenario.

700UW said:
The IAM was wrong for doing that work where mechanics were staffed, but what you fail to realize is that the rampers did 95% of the pushbacks in the system.

And one group of workers at one company does not make a whole union scabs and they AMFA/NWA contract was modified and the IAM has pushback language in the IAM/NWA Fleet Service Contract.
[post="290072"][/post]​

700UW,

You need to have a new sermon to preach the IAM.

" You too can be a SCAB at the IAM"

Did the IAM cross the United Strike a while ago?

Are they doing someone else's work at NorthWest?

SCAB, SCAB, SCAB

Where is the SCAB poem you so much like to quote?

How about the UNIONISM you preach and look down the nose stuff?

Welcome to the SCAB club......LAVMAN

guess you cant read, the IAM has the language in the contract to perform that work, unlike ALPA who does not.

Figured you would be in MSP or DTW helping clean planes since you have experience from 1992.

And ALPA did not honor the AMFA picket line did they?

When was the last time ALPA honored a picket line?

It was at EAL.

Once again, don't let the facts get in your way.

And please explain how the over 500,000 members of the IAM who don't work at NWA are scabs?

Keep trying, you cant absolve your guilty conscious for what you did in 1992 and keep trying to deflect the heat from yourself.

And Sorry I have never crossed a picket line and never will, can say the same?

Nope you can't cause you crossed one and flew over one.

And do you feel like a real big, important and mature man but insulting someone and posting lies?

Sad truth is that the IAM will jump at ANY chance to discredit the AMFA...... Just because AMFA isn't the first one to run to the concession table or revote an election until favorable results are obtained like the IAM :down: .

I am so glad to be away from all that crap!!!!!!!

I'm embarrassed to be a member of the IAM!!! All the talk of solidarity right down the tubes!!! Never want to hear a bad word about ALPA and the strike of 92 again!!! The IAM is showing their true colors $$$$$$!!!! Not one mention by the IAM of honoring another unions picket line? At least they could have made a feeble attempt before being ordered back to work! Maybe there was a behind the scene agreement by the IAM and NWA managment??? Gee...I kind of recall something like that happening before and what the IAM called the certain group!!

A true embarassement for organized labor, Teamsters will really play on this when trying to gain votes with the U/AWA merger.

Kev3188 said:
No question about it.

I just find it interesting that AMFA never balked (at least very loudly) about the 100+ stations where pushbacks, etc. and A/C cleaning have been performed by IAM members for years.

It's also interesting that all of a sudden these people are considered scabs by some on this board for performing work that the've been performing-with at least AMFA's tacit approval-for years.

I'm not looking to wind anyone up, or regurgitate the IAM vs AMFA vs IAM vs AMFA debate, nor am I an apologist for the IAM. I'm just curious what people think about this particular scenario.
[post="290205"][/post]​

I hear ya!

The way it worked at US prior to BK was, where there was mech & related, they handled pushback and cleaning. Where they were not, ramp did it.

I make the same distinction you. No problem where it has been the historical and contractual case.

BUT, for IAM to do AMFA struck work, like pushbacks in MSP or DTW is another matter, and it is unseemly, to say the least.

700UW,

So you are saying that it is OK to do a striking worker job? Most folks call that a SCAB.

What happened to the UNIONISM you always speak of? IAM crossed the picket line and it is OK now?

All those rocks you have been throwing are hitting too close to IAM house of glass.

No those guys in those stations are not scabs. However when an organized labor union willingly starts performing the work that the guys who are on strike did that makes the whole organization scab friendly don't you think. With unions like these the american labor movement dosen't stand a chance.

Alpa crossed picket line at NWA also.

Sympathy strikes are not allowed under the RLA.

And the IAM was all ready performing the work and now that NWA is using the exsisting contract language the workers have to perform the work that is under their scope language or be subject to discipline.

The difference is the language is in the IAM contract, it is not in the ALPA contract.

And you still have not answered the questions feeder.

And the difference between now and 92? I still remember the IAM crying at lack of other unions support. At least the FA's tried in 92 before being ordered back to work. The IAM did not even make an attempt to support AMFA! And you wonder why unions are going by the wayside!!!!!

Does anyone think AMFA would get the IAM's support at NWA when AMFA went to management and told them to increase the IAM's concession amount so NWA could reduce AMFA's?

700UW said:
Alpa crossed picket line at NWA also.

Sympathy strikes are not allowed under the RLA.

And the IAM was all ready performing the work and now that NWA is using the exsisting contract language the workers have to perform the work that is under their scope language or be subject to discipline.

The difference is the language is in the IAM contract, it is not in the ALPA contract.

And you still have not answered the questions feeder.
[post="290390"][/post]​
Stop trying to defend what you know is indefensible the IAM was not doing that work where there was maintenance. And it wasn't until the strike did the IAM start doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.