Iam To Appeal

you are right to a very limited degree....and heres why....dave wasn't happy with the vote and told the union,either you hold another vote or i will. you can blame the union but it wasn't scotty who called dave freaking out that the vote went south...it was the membership that called dave...so smoke that dude...first vote sold out by pressure from their own members just like when we voted to go on strike in oct '95.....the phone went off the hook from our own supportive members then.(i didn't think we'd get a strike vote-i want to change my vote)....so tell it like it is...the members caved...not the international..just like you did at UAL.IAM tell you it was cool for your outsource issue? well??you guys voted yourselves out of jobs without a second vote ,so tell it like it is...don't pass this crap on us like we screwed you....at least we whined enough to vote to change it...what did you do??
bring on the AMFA...they'll do wonders at U.(see above response before accepting AMFA or we'll revote)

Moderator note: Attached photo deleted

Delldude,

Don't you think that your attack was unwarranted?

Regardless, although you threw out allot of rhetoric
I'll attempt to address your issues as soon as I can discern
what the individual issues are from your jumbled post.

Not tonight though, as I am going to bed.

Good Night and Take Care,
UT

delldude said:
UAL_TECH

700UW

av60

delldude
The union leadership is not an incorporeal being that has absolute power over the membership. The members as individuals are the ultimate power.

When I read these kinds of posts it's easy to see management smiling at them because they know labor in not united, but weak, pale and easy to walk over.

Now is not the time for any kind of bickering among union members even in different companies.

There is a war launched against labor as a total in this country against the once mighty airline unions and unless we stand solid, firm and united in total solidarity, we might as well stop paying union dues and tell management they can have their way with us and to wake us up when it's over.

UAL_TECH said:
Delldude,

Don't you think that your attack was unwarranted?

Regardless, although you threw out allot of rhetoric
I'll attempt to address your issues as soon as I can discern
what the individual issues are from your jumbled post.

Not tonight though, as I am going to bed.

Good Night and Take Care,
UT
hi guy....a little trouble with east coast humor?
yes we had a revote and like i said it was the members choice not some cave in by iam and agc's.
our strike vote in '95 is a prime example and it did go that way as i indicated...i was there.everyone voted to strike but when the vote was counted...everyones agenda's changed...you wouldn't have believed the phone calls to the union office.point is, it is the same thing that happened over the concessionary voting.
so many called siegel over the vote that he approached iam....
so you make claims over IAM agreeing to outsource 30%..well once again,why did your people agree?
our people voted and then whined until they got a revote,your people voted to outsource their work.....and now blame it on IAM... so who voted in both these cases?it wasn't scotty ford..
and like i said before...if the blessed UCT comes to fruition...and we have a NMB runoff...and U has in house heavies and UAL does not....wonder how that would go down then...a strange and unusual diorama for all.

mophar said:
delldude said:
UAL_TECH

700UW

av60

delldude
The union leadership is not an incorporeal being that has absolute power over the membership. The members as individuals are the ultimate power.

When I read these kinds of posts it's easy to see management smiling at them because they know labor in not united, but weak, pale and easy to walk over.

Now is not the time for any kind of bickering among union members even in different companies.

There is a war launched against labor as a total in this country against the once mighty airline unions and unless we stand solid, firm and united in total solidarity, we might as well stop paying union dues and tell management they can have their way with us and to wake us up when it's over.
mophar,
I don't usually answer or even comment on these boards. Actually certain people on these made it hard to continue to post since all they keep repeating i the same old "it's managements fault" and "the concession stand is closed". I pretty much stopped when the know-it-all LavMan gotted booted. Still others have continued and 700 pretty much took over his spot. The truth is, I deal with and know a lot of people, and most have not been on here since Dave came on a long time ago and a lot have never been on here or even heard of it. It may be true that the company senses the lack of unity in the union membership, but don't let these boards gauge the scale in which these boards impact people out there. There is just a handfull of poeple that are obsessed with these boards and continue the retoric. The majority of the people out there share different opinions of these same issues. ;)

PITMTC,

And I, sir, take a dim view of your comments and find them to be disingeneous and deceptive at best.

May be hard for you to believe by looking at my posts that my particular comments are mostly representative of the MAJORITY of my group and NOT my personal situation. Personally, at my seniority, I'm still at a livable wage to exist here, however, many of my peers who do not hold this seniority are suffering tremedously. I am their voice on these boards.

I am a union card member THAT DOES NOT EAT THEIR YOUNG. But instead, choose to come on these boards to remind the "likes of your kind", that they are out there having an extrmely difficult time managing their work life and keeping their heads from going under water. So, tell your commrades up in CCY that if they put a vote out to our members, and all labor groups must concede to concessions.....get ready to sell the damn assets and find a new job.

PITMTC said:
mophar said:
delldude said:
UAL_TECH

700UW

av60

delldude

mophar,
I don't usually answer or even comment on these boards. Actually certain people on these made it hard to continue to post since all they keep repeating i the same old "it's managements fault" and "the concession stand is closed". I pretty much stopped when the know-it-all LavMan gotted booted. Still others have continued and 700 pretty much took over his spot. The truth is, I deal with and know a lot of people, and most have not been on here since Dave came on a long time ago and a lot have never been on here or even heard of it. It may be true that the company senses the lack of unity in the union membership, but don't let these boards gauge the scale in which these boards impact people out there. There is just a handfull of poeple that are obsessed with these boards and continue the retoric. The majority of the people out there share different opinions of these same issues. ;)
It seems you believe mophar is deluded, the poor soul.

Actually, I figure he is right on target. :up:

DellDude,

Most of what you say is very factual, and I can't argue with the facts.
We both have crappy contracts that we don't like but the 'membership' voted them in so we have to live with it.

Good luck to you and yours on the airbus work and this next round of givebacks.
Hope scotty does better for you than he did for us.

Take Care,
;) UT

PS:
As far as the U doing in house heavies, never know do ya?

700UW said:
What does that have to do with US Airways? We don't have the same language that UAL has that ITS OWN MECHANICS voted to APPROVE!
Lets not leave out the part about the iam 141m recommending a YES vote at Ual for that industry leading contract. :down: They are talking the talk at Usairways now about no more givebacks but we haven't heard any info outa fridays meetings. :( Probably top secret for only a few to hear. ;) I can feel that tingling sensation in the rear. BOHICA again. :shock:

to much time to quit said:
Lets not leave out the part about the iam 141m recommending a YES vote at Ual for that industry leading contract. :down: They are talking the talk at Usairways now about no more givebacks but we haven't heard any info outa fridays meetings. :( Probably top secret for only a few to hear. ;) I can feel that tingling sensation in the rear. BOHICA again. :shock:
I have no ideal how this airbus contracting out issue is going to work out at U, but there seems to me a marriage made in heaven over here at U. We have a "confused" spineless membership that whined , cried, and begged their sorry excuse of a union to hold a 2nd vote.. A REAL union would of NEVER held a 2nd vote on issues this important {UNLESS the union itself wanted to change the outcome of the first vote..} This is the first time I've heard that the IAM recommended a "YES" vote over at UNITED.{which gave away heavy maint.} If this is true, I would't expect the IAM to put up too much of a fight over here at U after it's all said and done. SAD !!!

insp89 said:
I have no ideal how this airbus contracting out issue is going to work out at U, but there seems to me a marriage made in heaven over here at U. We have a "confused" spineless membership that whined , cried, and begged their sorry excuse of a union to hold a 2nd vote.. A REAL union would of NEVER held a 2nd vote on issues this important {UNLESS the union itself wanted to change the outcome of the first vote..} This is the first time I've heard that the IAM recommended a "YES" vote over at UNITED.{which gave away heavy maint.} If this is true, I would't expect the IAM to put up too much of a fight over here at U after it's all said and done. SAD !!!
Oh yea its TRUE. Can't you hear the silence from ol 700? District 141M bylaws changed Jan 1,2003 to once again have the union recommend a yes or no vote. And they recommended a BIG YES at UAL. Then they had the nerve to say how they negotiated the best contract in the industry in their own paper. PATHETIC!! :shock: During our fiasco they did not have this option, although we all know they wanted the YES vote along with the 1.25 MILLION $$ payoff for our careers. Just hold on the worst from our fine leaders is yet to come. :angry: No word to the membership about their secret company meeting friday. Their trying to figure out how to word the memo. We looked at the books and its in our, I mean your best interest to give MORE. BOHICA, BOHICA. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

What do the mechanics have left to give? If management can outsource airframes thats it. There will be a couple of line guys left and everything else will go out the door.EVERYTHING.

Latest posts