iam twu alliance vote

ThirdSeatHero said:
If the US Mechs go AMFA, they will not lose their pensions.

While it is true that they will not gain anymore in said pension after AMFA is certified, it is also true they will not lose what they have already vested in the plan.

As for the company's contributions to the plan on behalf of the mechanics - just because the IAMPP will no longer accepts the funds after an AMFA win, doesn't mean the company simply gets to keep the money.

1AA said:
And No guarantee that with the alliance the future contributions will continue.
Regardless of any agreement when a JCBA is put into place who really knows what it will include, change and remove from all current agreements wit the IAM and TWU.
What is contractual today may not be next year or whenever a JCBA is finalized.
You both are correct.  I have been telling him for a long time that they will not lose their pensions.  

Reactions: 1 person
700, are you still refusing to write the NMB and post the results?  If so why?  Afraid of the results?  You avoidance on this issue and reverting to calling people stupid speaks volumes...

Reactions: 3 people
I would think we might get a good indication of what we can expect by looking at the example set in 2006 by the formation of an 'Alliance' between the CWA & IBT, NMB case No.R-7085
http://www.nmb.gov/documents/representation/deter2006/33n027.pdf
Step 1 involved the two Unions to submit balloting to their members to vote on the Alliance. This process began Sept/05 and took approx 30 days. The ballots were worded as to whether you agree to the formation of the Alliance, Yes-No. Ballots were counted by reps of the Unions choosing.

Step 2 was a request to the NMB to decertify each Union as agents to the existing CBA's and transfer certifications to the Alliance, once passed by the membership. This request was made Oct/05.

Step 3 was a formal filing to the NMB for Representational Dispute. These actions were initiated on Feb/06. This would require a "Single Transportation System" determination to be investigated by the NMB.

April/06 the NMB determined that yes, the criteria was met to be formally recognized as Single Transport System of the merged companies and this is when the clock of 14 days, presently I believe NMB manual provides 30 days from the date of STS determination for 'Intervenors', other Unions to provide the proof of interest(50% cards signed) to have a place on the ballot for Representational Dispute.
(In the example referenced, no Interveners applied and the IBT/CWA Association was recognized.)

Here at AA, this process is set to begin if the USAir M&E members of the IAM choose to pass their T/A in it's present form. In the IBT/CWA example, the process involved almost 7 months.

Reactions: 1 person
I decided to google NWA strike and was amazed how the strike was doomed from the start, I would like you to read this and ask why should we be associated with another due collecting POS union? This is a paragraph from an article I was reading,

The leadership of the other unions at NWA, particularly the pilots and ramp and baggage handlers’ unions, refused to support AMFA’s strike. These two unions (the Machinists and the Air Line Pilots Association) each had a representative on the NWA Board of Directors. They not only turned their back on striking workers by crossing the picket lines, but even did struck work.
What's F'cked up is that AMFA struck to avoid draconian concessions and the AFL-CIO refused to help them because the mechanics went to AMFA.
Maybe if they would of supported the AMFA mechanics they wouldn't have faced the same concessions years later at US and AA. They were pissed off about losing members and there dues, that in the long run how many members has the IAM and the TWU lost to layoffs and outsourcing. The AFL-CIO refused to see the big picture. NWA set the bar and it affected us all.
NO THANKS, I want to be not part of a POS SCAB UNION!! 

- See more at: http://www.labornotes.org/2006/11/viewpoint-looking-back-northwest-strike#sthash.3o15dBes.dpuf

exs said:
I decided to google NWA strike and was amazed how the strike was doomed from the start, I would like you to read this and ask why should we be associated with another due collecting POS union? This is a paragraph from an article I was reading,

The leadership of the other unions at NWA, particularly the pilots and ramp and baggage handlers’ unions, refused to support AMFA’s strike. These two unions (the Machinists and the Air Line Pilots Association) each had a representative on the NWA Board of Directors. They not only turned their back on striking workers by crossing the picket lines, but even did struck work.
What's F'cked up is that AMFA struck to avoid draconian concessions and the AFL-CIO refused to help them because the mechanics went to AMFA.
Maybe if they would of supported the AMFA mechanics they wouldn't have faced the same concessions years later at US and AA. They were pissed off about losing members and there dues, that in the long run how many members has the IAM and the TWU lost to layoffs and outsourcing. The AFL-CIO refused to see the big picture. NWA set the bar and it affected us all.

- See more at: http://www.labornotes.org/2006/11/viewpoint-looking-back-northwest-strike#sthash.3o15dBes.dpuf
congratulations, someone who researched and found the reality of what we have been saying all along. 

see knowledge is power,   ( hearsay will lead you with the sheep)

thank you for your post

exs said:

As Chuck indicated, there really is no replacement for doing your own leg work. Good job. Might I suggest another great piece to allow you to make a judgement on what occured between AMFA vs. NWA, a genuine David vs. Goliath story.(approx 80min)
http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/the_red_tail

Chuck Schalk said:
congratulations, someone who researched and found the reality of what we have been saying all along. 

see knowledge is power,   ( hearsay will lead you with the sheep)

thank you for your post
Your welcome Chuck, I just wish people took the time to just read.

exs said:

Good job.  It pays to do your own homework.  Now if we could get all the US guys to write the NMB about this alliance vote they will once again be surprised.  Way to take upon yourself to get the information needed about your future rather than relying on misinformation coming from the IAM and the TWU...