Iam Vs. Twu (fleet Service)

Still no answer to a valid question.

Why did the IAM do strike prep at UA? They had a strike vote in hand PRIOR to the judge's 1113 hearing.

For those pretending to be dense, that put pressure on UA to come to terms with the IAM, as a strike would have shot down the company.

The IAM did NO SUCH THING at US. A strike vote was taken AFTER the 1113 hearings,at the same time as the ratification vote. There was NO strike prep, and I damn well was in a position to know.

You can't spin this on the company, the judge, or any other straw man.

The IAM had the initiative at UA and US, and failed to take it at US.

Why?

FWIW, the CWA at US DID have a strike vote early on, and they still have their jobs in the locations the IAM doesn't.

Oh really they do?

Then why is PIT res closing and reservations being taken all over the world by non-us airways personal?

Why is baggage service call center in San Salvador?

And you will have to ask Randy Canale why things went they way they did, maybe because there are over 20,000 IAM members at UAL?

Levine also went over all the procedures and steps in the bankruptcy codes. One item she covered in depth is the 1113 letter, which refers to the section of code that ensures that a company negotiates with the union before they seek abrogation of the labor agreement. When a company seeks protection, the agreement remains in effect. When a union negotiates an 1113 letter it secures an agreement with the company showing that the company will not seek further cuts from labor. To this date, no company that has had an 1113 letter negotiated has ever asked the court to abrogate it.

Companies that request abrogation of the labor agreement but it must meet the following nine (9) distinct requirements:

1. The debtor in possession must have made a proposal to the union.
2. The proposal must be based upon the most complete and reliable information available at the time of the proposal.
3. The modification must be necessary to permit reorganization.
4. The modification must provide that all affected parties be treated fairly and equitably.
5. The debtor must provide the union with such relevant information as is necessary to evaluate the proposal.
6. The debtor must have met with the collective bargaining representative at the reasonable times subsequent to making the proposal.
7. The debtor must have negotiated with the union concerning the proposal in good faith.
8. The union must have refused to accept the proposal with good cause.
9. The balance of the equities must clearly favor rejection of the agreement.

Levine also noted that bankruptcy is not the preferred course for your contract.

oh and why does it matter if they have over 20000 members at ual and now a hell of a lot less at usairways? I agree with diogenes that our jobs in the 30 cities could have been saved had the iam had the balls to do what the cwa did.

I've been with this company for 34 years in fleet service and the best representation that I have experienced was TEAMSTER representation. The I.A.M. sucks. They have no leadership! Tell me why it took us 4 years to get our first contract when a year or so prior to getting them to represent us we had representation bey the TEAMSTERS and a contract. We were not really starting from scratch. I'll tell you why! Let us just say for discussion purposes that the I.A.M. was going to get $250.000 a month in union dues (just an example) and the company offers $500.000 a month to drag their feet. The contract would cost them $1.000,000 a month in contract monies. I guarantee you the money hungry I.A.M. takes the $500,000 and drags thei feet. 4 Years! 4 years!!!!!!!!! Just an example (700UW0 but very believable. And can any of you mechanics have your union dues raised recently. Fleet service did and were were told that because of all the mechanic loses we had to make up the difference! What is your spin on that 700UW sunce you claim to have all the answers. Sorry bud, but I ain't drinking the I.A.M koolaid! I hope the rumor is true that the teamsters are going to raid the I.A.M. We had a set of ba!!s when we were teamsters but we have been castrated by the I.A.M. leadership, excuse me non-leadership. GO TEAMSTERS!!
Hey Totobird!

Hey Stormy,

Great post........the IAM has got to go. Hopefully we can bring the Teamsters back. Now there is a true union. The IAM has done absolutely nothing for the membership. No Jobs, No pay, No information. :down:

totobird said:
Hey Stormy,

Great post........the IAM has got to go. Hopefully we can bring the Teamsters back. Now there is a true union. The IAM has done absolutely nothing for the membership. No Jobs, No pay, No information. :down:
[post="281127"][/post]​
why then did you kick them out as soon as you could before??
you guys kill me...... :down:

We didn't kick the Teamsters out. We fell for the IAM's campaign slogan of "Strength In Numbers".
So basically instead of a few getting screwed.......We All Got Screwed !!!!!!!!!

totobird said:
We didn't kick the Teamsters out. We fell for the IAM's campaign slogan of "Strength In Numbers".
So basically instead of a few getting screwed.......We All Got Screwed !!!!!!!!!
[post="281156"][/post]​
you people weren't happy with the teamsters,thats why a runoff was chosen.

If the Teamsters were so great why did PIT, PHL, BOS and BUF the four stations that the Teamsters only represented that their pay was less then the non-union stations?

If the Teamsters were so great why were they voted out in 1989 right after the mergers?

If the Teamsters were so great how come back in 1995 they were not even in the runoff between the IAM and USWA?

And the Teamsters just gave concessions at Continental Airlines.

And between 1995 and 1999 while Fleet Service did not have a contract the IAM did not collect any dues money from Fleet, dues were only taken out after ratification of the first agreement. It was the Mechanic and Related dues money that paid for fleet's expenses.

And Fleet Service dues have nothing to do with mechanic and related dues, dues are figured out one of five ways, your local lodge bylaws clarify which way as the members vote on it. Fleet's dues are two times the weighted hourly wage for only fleet members at that local and the same for Mechanic and Related, that is the most popular way dues are figured, seperate contracts have seperate dues rates.

Once again, don't let the facts get in your way.

700UW said:
If the Teamsters were so great why did PIT, PHL, BOS and BUF the four stations that the Teamsters only represented that their pay was less then the non-union stations?

If the Teamsters were so great why were they voted out in 1989 right after the mergers?

If the Teamsters were so great how come back in 1995 they were not even in the runoff between the IAM and USWA?

And the Teamsters just gave concessions at Continental Airlines.

And between 1995 and 1999 while Fleet Service did not have a contract the IAM did not collect any dues money from Fleet, dues were only taken out after ratification of the first agreement. It was the Mechanic and Related dues money that paid for fleet's expenses.

And Fleet Service dues have nothing to do with mechanic and related dues, dues are figured out one of five ways, your local lodge bylaws clarify which way as the members vote on it. Fleet's dues are two times the weighted hourly wage for only fleet members at that local and the same for Mechanic and Related, that is the most popular way dues are figured, seperate contracts have seperate dues rates.

Once again, don't let the facts get in your way.
[post="281164"][/post]​

The IAM leaders will say anything do anything now to keep the masses from leaving poor representation and poor leadership there days are numbered

IAM I'll Ask Management
or better yet
IAM should be MIA for Missing in Action

I am not an IAM Leader I am a member.

Everything I posted was 100% accurate and factual information.

Where is your's to dispute it?

Typical apathetic member who will blame the association instead of accepting personal responsibility that he and his coworkers ratified the concessions.