Iam Vs. Twu (fleet Service)

delldude said:
why then did you kick them out as soon as you could before??
you guys kill me...... :down:
[post="281153"][/post]​

Because Billy Bob and the rest of his bib overall, straw hat wearin' buddies got such a nice wage and benefit increase in the merger with USAir that they felt a Union wasn't needed. Couple that with a few of the more senior Agents in the four Union cities and smaller stations that believed Uncle Ed and thought they had a nice 2% retro check coming. The retro checks never came, but a severe screwing of FSA for the next 5 years did.

D M G said:
Because Billy Bob and the rest of his bib overall, straw hat wearin' buddies got such a nice wage and benefit increase in the merger with USAir that they felt a Union wasn't needed. Couple that with a few of the more senior Agents in the four Union cities and smaller stations that believed Uncle Ed and thought they had a nice 2% retro check coming. The retro checks never came, but a severe screwing of FSA for the next 5 years did.
[post="281179"][/post]​
guess they taught you a lesson??

700UW said:
And between 1995 and 1999 while Fleet Service did not have a contract the IAM did not collect any dues money from Fleet, dues were only taken out after ratification of the first agreement. It was the Mechanic and Related dues money that paid for fleet's expenses.
[post="281164"][/post]​

Mechanic and Related's dues paid for Fleet's expenses as much as United and Northwest's employees did, and as much as USAirway's fleet's dues will help pay for the next group that organizes. Big deal, the IAM knows that they'll get a good ROI.

District Lodge's paid the bills, not the international.

District 141 was US mechanic and related, UAL, Ramp, and Mechanic and related were the two largest groups in DL 141, those members' dues paid for fleet's expenses.

Any local expenses were paid by the local lodges, for example 1725 sent a fleet service member to a conference or schooling the local lodge paid for it, so in CLT it was Mechanic and Related dues footing the bills.

Northwest is DL 143, they did not pay for Fleet's expenses as it was a differant district and US fleet were placed in DL 141.

Once again, don't let the facts get in your way.

delldude said:
guess they taught you a lesson??
[post="281182"][/post]​

You're right, they did. They taught us to look out for ourselves (PHL), which we did while negotiating the contract we have now.

700UW said:
Any local expenses were paid by the local lodges

Northwest is DL 143, they did not pay for Fleet's expenses as it was a differant district and US fleet were placed in DL 141.

[post="281184"][/post]​

Are you telling me that Northwest isn't part of LL 1776? When someone from USAir went to negotiate from LL 1776 weren't part of the expenses paid for by Northwest since they are in the same local?

Negotiations expenses were paid by the District, not the local.

Therefore a NW member is not a member of DL 141 and their dues money went to DL 143.

700UW said:
Negotiations expenses were paid by the District, not the local.
[post="281189"][/post]​

Your original post said "expenses," not "negotiation expenses." So Northwest employees (among others) did help to pay Fleet's expenses.

Reading is fundamental.

700UW said:
If the Teamsters were so great why did PIT, PHL, BOS and BUF the four stations that the Teamsters only represented that their pay was less then the non-union stations?

If the Teamsters were so great why were they voted out in 1989 right after the mergers?

If the Teamsters were so great how come back in 1995 they were not even in the runoff between the IAM and USWA?

And the Teamsters just gave concessions at Continental Airlines.

And between 1995 and 1999 while Fleet Service did not have a contract the IAM did not collect any dues money from Fleet, dues were only taken out after ratification of the first agreement. It was the Mechanic and Related dues money that paid for fleet's expenses.

And Fleet Service dues have nothing to do with mechanic and related dues, dues are figured out one of five ways, your local lodge bylaws clarify which way as the members vote on it. Fleet's dues are two times the weighted hourly wage for only fleet members at that local and the same for Mechanic and Related, that is the most popular way dues are figured, seperate contracts have seperate dues rates.

Once again, don't let the facts get in your way.
[post="281164"][/post]​
700 asked
If the Teamsters were so great why did PIT, PHL, BOS and BUF the four stations that the Teamsters only represented that their pay was less then the non-union stations?

If the Teamsters were so great why were they voted out in 1989 right after the mergers?

If the Teamsters were so great how come back in 1995 they were not even in the runoff between the IAM and USWA?

First off the 4 cities were under a contract and were in talks with the company to get a new updated contract with the company and was in the midst of merging with PSA/PI. The company knew an elections were hand so the company bought the votes by giving the non union sector of US a raise before the megers were complete. This allowed the non union people to believe it was better without a union and the IBT lost. This being the case thru an intense union busting campaign Colodny ran the workers became non union.

With the the wages up the workers chose not to reorganize until the IBT the USWA and the IAM tryed to get the vote. When the vote took place it was a close 3 way vote and the IBT came in third on the Ballot count but with its help a union certificate was at hand. The run off only allows the top 2 voted unions in a run off so the USWA and IAM when at it...The workers bought the Strenght in Numbers BS
and the certification was given to the IAM.(out of the 3 the company wanted the IAM they alway considered them the weakest)

Fleet Service owes the IBT some thanks because do to its efforts we reorganized but unfortunatly it was with the Wrong union.

D M G said:
[post="281179"][/post]​

Yeah, the superseniority was a big selling point, too.

And the sales pitch - "You'se rednecks is ignorant if you don't vote Teamsters."

Charming.

D M G said:
You're right, they did. They taught us to look out for ourselves (PHL), which we did while negotiating the contract we have now.
[post="281186"][/post]​

I've been asking for quite a while how the IAM came to sell out the senior agents in the out-stations.

Thanks for an honest answer.

diogenes said:
Yeah, the superseniority was a big selling point, too.

And the sales pitch - "You'se rednecks is ignorant if you don't vote Teamsters."
[post="281345"][/post]​

I don't remember anything about superseniority, so I can't comment.

I don't know why the IBT let some of the people they did go to other cities to campaign. They only made the IBT and unions look bad. It was a good gig to get, but quite a few people went for the wrong reasons. That being said, it wouldn't have mattered if Mother Theresa campaigned for the IBT, because most of those people were brainwashed sheeple anyway and would never have voted for representation.

diogenes said:
I've been asking for quite a while how the IAM came to sell out the senior agents in the out-stations.

Thanks for an honest answer.
[post="281346"][/post]​

Anytime.

Superseniority was a staple job, where all of the non IBT agents, upon ratification, would be junior to the existing IBT agents in the 4 stations.

And you're probably right - Colodny played the game well, and got the decert I am sure was part of the plan all along. Most PI guys never had the need for a union, and didn't see the need in '89. Can you say 'bad mistake'?

I hope U works out, because I've got a lot of friends there. But realistically, I don't think anybody in the airline racket better get too comfy, career-wise.