IBEW update: November 6th-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
hey folks, this was the best week for the IBEW since the PHL signup was on fire. This week was a busy one for the IBEW as CLT passed 400 cards and is hot as fire. The CLT committee sez 600 cards isn't out of the question by this time next week. Since the IBEW meeting in CLT, it is now well informed and is now knowledgable about the IAM lies.

LAS has a steady flow of card signing and we anticipate the majority to have signed cards in LAS before long.

PHX is stalled due to total lies and misinformation. In fact, the lies and misinformation are so bad that we actually have to create a new web page just for PHX. Click here to visit the PHX web page.

Get your station involved and email here

regards,

Once again I was going over the card counts and was amazed to see how Boston of all citys still is not with the program. My questions do these workers honestly believe they are being represented? All I see is my paycehck getting smaller and expenses to live keep going up in my area but how the heck does someone live on this crap contract in Boston? Our Judas pimp AGC's sold us out just to keep themselves in the 100k year club there not hurting. Does anyone in Boston wanna repond to the injustice we are getting from the IAM? I would love to hear why your so scared to talk on this board about the IAM and how they are treating you.

This was my second request to Boston Helloooooo Boston you out there?

Bla bla bla , ron this , bla bla bla ron that . I have personally seen Mr Roth in action defending our brothers and sisters and I can say that I’m quite impressed with the job he’s doing and his level of dedication too it . He’s been at each and every protest/picket that I can remember and I can’t think of another union leader that is as critical of this company and on target with those criticisms as Mr Roth . Keep up the good job ron!!! :up:

Bla bla bla , ron this , bla bla bla ron that . I have personally seen Mr Roth in action defending our brothers and sisters and I can say that I’m quite impressed with the job he’s doing and his level of dedication too it . He’s been at each and every protest/picket that I can remember and I can’t think of another union leader that is as critical of this company and on target with those criticisms as Mr Roth . Keep up the good job ron!!! :up:

freedom,

I think I understand your motivation towards having someone who will fight,
but doesn't integrity stand for anything with you. No matter how well he fights
the company. If he misleads the people he represents. whos side is he on.
You should hold him to a higher level of accountability than the people of this
forum. Because if he can look at you and lie, you can never trust him to be
truthful when he is behind closed doors with the company. You ask us to back
up what we say with facts, but for him it is "Bla bla bla , ron this , bla bla bla ron that"

Thanks

I certainly would like to have your local chairan attend the IBEW meeting in PHX for a cordial debate to flush out the issues and the truth. Should be good for the rank and file to rightly divide the issues one way or the other.

As for the letter, I don't care if superman wrote it, it's wrong and does harm to justice.

To PHX ONLY

regards,

Let's be realistic about what is going to be offered.

Times boys they are a changin' and you ain't gonna get what you are lying to the masses about.

That is all!

[/quote Freedom; I thinki Tim is being very kind to your chair. It's about this letter
Are you saying he doesn't support those positions? Or even if he does he's been a great
supporter of the PHX workers so he should get a break? Well then let's give him credit. Sounds to me like a guy who has betrayed by his own union and he's been forced into a really awkward
position.
The IAM never opened up negotiatons for the west's contract because that wouldn't
have insured them the west's dues (about 25 million and counting) They didnt feel
it was in there interests and they knew that the uniformed west would not even
know about it.
Both you and your chair desearve much better than that. Thanks BF

Let's be realistic about what is going to be offered.

Times boys they are a changin' and you ain't gonna get what you are lying to the masses about.

That is all!
GoldenRam; Let's be realistic about what we're going to accept. M&R had the
"nerve"(translate: good sence) to turn down a TA which did not retain their
right to the COC arbitration. They wouldn't even allow it to come up for a
vote. But here I must take heed of your plea for realizm. They have a
much superior District Lodge. Thanks BF

Does anyone in Boston wanna repond to the injustice we are getting from the IAM? I would love to hear why your so scared to talk on this board about the IAM and how they are treating you.

This was my second request to Boston Helloooooo Boston you out there?

Very strong Chief steward in BOS who is very pro IAM. Pushed hard for the T/A. His word is gospel here in BOS, and the word is not getting out about IBEW.

[/quote Freedom; I thinki Tim is being very kind to your chair. It's about this letter
Are you saying he doesn't support those positions? Or even if he does he's been a great
supporter of the PHX workers so he should get a break? Well then let's give him credit. Sounds to me like a guy who has betrayed by his own union and he's been forced into a really awkward
position.
The IAM never opened up negotiatons for the west's contract because that wouldn't
have insured them the west's dues (about 25 million and counting) They didnt feel
it was in there interests and they knew that the uniformed west would not even
know about it.
Both you and your chair desearve much better than that. Thanks BF
I am being kind to the Local Chairman. His letter did have to be addressed and Im sure if he's a man of his word then he will offer an apology and correction to his letter. I also think the IBEW will be encouraged if Ron would want to debate some of these issues in PHX at the IBEW meeting. It would benefit everyone. I'm sure the IBEW reps in PHX just want to clear up all the lies and BS and allow the PHX rampers to make the right choice for them, one way or anther. If PHX shows they are not ready for change and want to keep the IAM then it will be tough for the IBEW to continue its organizing drive since PHX is a large station.

One way or anther, something gotta give and the IBEW will have to evaluate PHX' choice to continue in its support of the IAM or welcome change.

To PHX only

regards,

Very strong Chief steward in BOS who is very pro IAM. Pushed hard for the T/A. His word is gospel here in BOS, and the word is not getting out about IBEW.
Did he tell you what your vote count was for the TA? I heard that a bunch of PHL guys may rent a few vans and go up to BOS to talk to them about the IBEW. Also, a meeting in PIT is a strong possibility in a few weeks. PIT, BOS, PHX are the strong IAM support stations right now.
I think that can change but time will tell.

To PHX Only

regards,

Congratulations to our Pilots submitting their authorization cards 'soon' to the NMB to get rid of ALPA.
Click here

My hope is that the ramp will educate itself like the pilots did and follow the pilots lead in eliminating the dead wood. Ignorance from believing IAM lies is the main stumbling block for the IBEW drive.

What fleet service has to finally realize is that the IAM has lied at every corner. Ask the pilots if they are going to lose their contract if they change unions? Ask them if they want to start at square zero? Ask the Pilots if binding arbitration can be voided? The answer to each question is NO.
Then ask the IAM why they continue to think rampers are stupid and lie to them.

Get your station involved email

IBEW organizing Website

TO PHX ONLY

regards,

Well I can’t answer for our station chair or where he gets his information from ,all I can say is I think he’s done a terrific job and continues to do so , and if we DO go IBEW then I would definitely vote for him in any position he might chose to run for . :up:

Well I can’t answer for our station chair or where he gets his information from ,all I can say is I think he’s done a terrific job and continues to do so , and if we DO go IBEW then I would definitely vote for him in any position he might chose to run for . :up:
More importantly, why isn't the west represented at the district level? If they were going to make additional appointments then why didn't they appoint Roth or another PHX west sider? Why did you just get another east sider appointed to represent you? East siders should not be representing the west siders and this is one reason why you are not getting the representation you deserve. There should be an equal mix that represents the % of west siders and east siders.

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts