IBEW update: November 6th-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some how i just don't feel that the IAM national cares tim, most of your observations about them seem to be correct , their under fierce attack , yet they seem to be putting up a feeble defense , their inaction in trying to defend themselves on a national level seems to imply to me that their trying to hide their weaknesses . I really only find the IAM to be valuable because of their alliance with MX , when we fight this will come in handy .

Question , if we as a union withdraw from the IAM , our any of the AGC’s who may be us airways workers also withdrawn automatically ? I want to know , just how much of the IAM's command structure will we be taking out if we leave ?

Dear Red eye . To answer your question on integrity would require a long and complex argument/explanation from me so I’ll try and make my point of view simple .I’ve seen our chair , I’ve shaken his hand , I’ve seen him fight for our family ,he knows who we SHOULD be fighting (the company ) . I could go on and on with good things to say about the man , I’ve seen and met union leaders from the TWU , and I’ve met some of the big wigs from the IAM , but no union leader or representative has ever impressed me as much as our station chair .If he suggested that we abandon the IAM , I’d sign an IBEW card in a heartbeat . Not only that , but he surrounds himself with high caliber individuals , his “second†in command is also an individual that I can be proud to say represents me .

Even if he went along the path of “the end’s justifies the means “ I would still follow him down it .

freedom,
If ron's diehard IAM loyalist .as I am suspecting .. don't think will be to well received in the IBEW as far as looking for leadership.. Changing unions usually involves changing
they way things are done.. Hence the need for change.. Ron as you say maybe or is a stand up guy. thats great but credibility GOES a long way when your a leader .. and looks like the IAM boys
are setting him up as the fall guy..

good luck and GO ask the IBEW the tough questions.. see if you don't come out of it with a different perspective

example of that credibility issue..look at phl the whole local supports there prez... that's called solidarity

GO ask the IBEW the tough questions.. see if you don't come out of it with a different perspective

example of that credibility issue..look at phl the whole local supports there prez... that's called solidarity

OK IBEW,

What is your official relationship with the 'ibew committee'?

Why won't you admit their existence?

Is a 'there' prez some one who is with it?

What does union bashing have to do with solidarity?

In the last vote Bos voted 89 against and 35 for....this number indicates
that most of the workforce was not happy with the proposal the IAM put before
them. I hope they get involved and I'm sure attempts have and will be made to
do so...........

Phx had numbers of apx.52 against and 578 for but have signed cards
above the 52 number and this indiactes though happy with the proposal and told
to expect it to go through, they have realized the IAM lied to them about the amount
of support they had generated throughout the system to get this passed. Freeedom,
you support your loacl chair I completely understand .If he truely has the groups best
intersest at heart then I would think he would welcome a chance to sit down and talk
to represenitives of the IBEW and than decide what he believes is in his groups best
interest. He could ask all the questions he wants and after he leaves if he still feels it
would be a bad decision for you to sign a card, then if you do trust him, listen.

I'm speaking from experience. The local pres. in Phl is and has always been
one who tells you how he see's it and how he feels we as a group can better ourselves.
He is not seeking the IAM $100,000 club and never has. He really just wants what's best
for the Phl work group. He didn't like this past proposal and when word got back to the
Canale's of the world, they disowned him. They didn't call to talk to him, they put him on
a do not call list. He is or was(??) the pres. of our local. He represented the Phl hub and
helps every other airline member of local 1776 and the IAM felt he didn't need to be kept
up to date on this TA. Now the IAM is trying to throw him out like the trash. The chair in Phl
took this opportunity to under cut him and went around him to tell Canale falsely that Phl was
in the bag to vote this agreement through. Canale supposedly told him he was on the road to a
VP or AGC job but once the vote was out...he went to the cornfield. I guess what I'm getting at is
if you have a current leader in your station he would be more than welcomed into the IBEW if
they carry a good heart for the members they represent . It is extremely easy to say and do
things to get along but to stand up to fix a wrong against the machine and fight the good fight
is admirable. Our local pres. is doing this and the attacks have began, in letter form. The IAM
cannot bring this up on the floor because it will garnish no support....this is how they operate.
If you do as your told your rewarded if you cause a ripple in the pond your banished....''Do as I
say not as I do'', never question them.

It has to stop !!

Thanks

Perseverance ,You said “ it is extremely easy to say and do things to get along but to stand up to fix a wrong against the machine and fight the good fight is admirable.†while it may be admirable , it’s not more important to me than being effective . It‘s unfortunate that you may have had your best man removed from office ,now if the IAM stays and your PHL president is replaced with a yes man, you will be significantly weakened in the future . I don’t mean any of this as an insult or some sort of aggressive statement , I mean it only in the political sense sort of like the saying “ he who runs away lives to fight another day “ etc .

I hope the PHL station will rise up and oppose having your president removed from office , if you feel he is representing you then TAKE A STAND ! Do NOT roll over and let some pencil pusher from the national dictate to YOU how you run YOUR local! If you think this man would fight for you against the company , then the least you can do is now fight for him . I’ve heard a lot of good things mentioned about your PHL president , I don’t know him , but I hope he comes out on top .

Freedom,
Were trying but no one at the IAM is listening. No one . Even
when we fill the hall the IAM turns a deaf ear to us. They are truely in
this for themselves and not the membership and it's sad to see it happening.

Thank You for the support............

Freedom,
That ''running away to fight another day'', the slogan in Phl
during the BK's was ''except this deal now and were still alive and can
fight another day''. Look at where were at now....this very well may be
that other day....We'll see.

Thanks

This is a good counter to these BS letter's Roth has posted up. I'm gonna make numerous copies and put these all over.

This clears a lot of the questions ROTH asked, but a lot of people in PHX still don't understand why the east is trying to get a new union. People in PHX just see one thing: Anything that's happend so far with the company has favored the EAST. Start talking pay and PHX will listen.

Roth himself will probably throw all the copies away. he rips down anything put up on the wall.

Po'ed '
"Anything that's happend so far with the company has favored the EAST"

what exactly has favored the east.. I haven't seen it.

"Roth himself will probably throw all the copies away. he rips down anything put up on the wall."

they teach that in IAM class 101.. just goes to show how much of a UNION guy he is.. let's not give people facts

to decide for themselves.. I'm guessing the boys tapped him on the shoulder and said "keep phx surpressed and the next agc will be yours" IMO

PO'ed ,
IF your chair is so PRO IAM then ask him to speak infront of YOUR membership with the IBEW and defend HIS great UNION.

IF the IAM is as great as HE says then it should not be a problem.. FACT is he will have to tell the truth.. and sometimes the truth hurts.

Also, don't let them intimate you and say things like "if you sign a card the IAM will kick you out ".. it is your right as an American to organize.

and him being a UNION guy should know that. signing cards in breakrooms is perfectly legal..

GoldenRam; Let's be realistic about what we're going to accept. M&R had the
"nerve"(translate: good sence) to turn down a TA which did not retain their
right to the COC arbitration. They wouldn't even allow it to come up for a
vote. But here I must take heed of your plea for realizm. They have a
much superior District Lodge. Thanks BF
Wrong, the IAM M&R at US has never reached a tranistion agreement with the company and there was never a vote.

The 142 Leadership is steadfast in winning the COC for the membership and the company wants to outsource more work, therefore a T/A was never reached.

When the fleet service turned down the TA proposal the M&R stopped
all talks with the company. So, they never did turn down a proposal but they
were having talks that broke off as soon as the TA was voted down by the fleet.
We ,the fleet, were the group that if we excepted this deal, other groups would
have benifited from our poor decision. Canale wanted us to get the minimal and his
precious M&R would take anything we didn't get or fight for. The IAM is a machinists'
union not a fleet union
and we need to recognize this and get out. Let the IAM, the
Cananles' and Brickners of the world fight for thier M&R....to them we've always been
''scabs''.
I was present in that meeting when our IAM leadership referred to the
fleet service as ''scabs'' for crossing thier line back in 92' and that thought process
has never changed. It's called revenge. Canale has taken it out on us from the
get go. Also Al Crelin use to and probably still does take his anger out on Phl for walking
out on thier company back in the late 80's....Canale and Crelin, one and the same, it's all
about screwing the fleet and revenge.....it's best served cold !

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back