Importance Of Mid-atlantice Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet-tart

Sep 11, 2005
MAA FA's have a unique position relavent to all other MAA employees in that they were, unlike the pilots who were integrated with pilots from other carriers (Alleghaney for one) due to the Jets for Jobs program, RECALLED in seniority order from MAINLINE US Airways exclusively. The AFA International Union collective bargaining agreement should preclude Airways from recalling FA's back to work at the same job, participate in the same occupation, carry the same manual and be requalified on all of the aircraft listed on the Mainline Operaators Cert. I could understand if the company recalled furloughees to a DIFFERENT job at a lower rate of pay, but this is not the case. Regardless of when an FA chooses to take the 'recall' to MAA she is automatically slotted into the bid sheet based upon her/his original hire date at mainline. Our benefits are paid by Mainline regardless of who they say they employ to distribute them, and it is certianly well known that although they work the E170's, they are required to be qualified as a Mainline FA on all mainline fleet (plus the E170 ), that are registered on the Mainline Operating Cert mainifest. I am really surprised that more mainline FA's aren't disturbed with their
inability to bid on these lines...I remember the difficulty to get a Folker 100 trip...It seems pointless to have a CBA if the union doesn't protect these very same people that pay dues and have paid dues for almost 2 years without ever receiving a contract. A Contact doesn't exist except for the constant 'changing' to suit the company's wishes through this ficticious document, on a month to month basis. Advice and/ or monetary support for the MAA FA's is needed and will be appreciated. With the precedent set through MAA and it's plight, unless legal action is taken, who will be next...Pilots, FA's , Mechanics, Ramp workers or Agents...Any carrier is now free to ignore the fact that unions exist anymore and ignore the CBA that are suppose to be in place for our protection....WE MUST STOP THIS NOW brfore it's too late.....

You are incorrect, the pilots at MDA are in the very same boat. The difference with the former wholly owned pilots, is they have a "flow through" agreement. The pilots carry mainline manuals, have mainline payroll ID #'s, wear USAirways brass, can reserve a jumpseat which only mainline pilots can do, and all seniority for bidding and vacation comes from a pilots former mainline date of hire.....

Thus the attorney and law suit. ALPA nor AFA made any effort to correct the wrong that was done by treating MDA crews as separate once the decision was made to not make MDA its own airline.

tart,

I think you are unawre of both collective bargaining agreements. There is a fence up between mainline and MAA f/as.

Even though the EB-170 is in the Emergency manual (for FAA purposes) mainline flying and MAA flying is guided by and protected by the CBA.

Mainline CAN NOT bid to fly EM-170 as that is protected flying for MAA f/as, and MAA f/as CAN NOT bid to fly mainline flying as that is protected flying for mainline f/as.

MAA does have a contract. Their work rules, benefits and wages are that of American Eagle. There have been some modifications to the wages as fought by the neg. committee apponted for MAA f/as BEFORE MAA was even in service.

Negotiations for MAA commenced in October of 2003, and the first flight for MAA was March 2, 2004.

SoldWholeSale said:
You are incorrect, the pilots at MDA are in the very same boat. The difference with the former wholly owned pilots, is they have a "flow through" agreement. The pilots carry mainline manuals, have mainline payroll ID #'s, wear USAirways brass, can reserve a jumpseat which only mainline pilots can do, and all seniority for bidding and vacation comes from a pilots former mainline date of hire.....

Thus the attorney and law suit. ALPA nor AFA made any effort to correct the wrong that was done by treating MDA crews as separate once the decision was made to not make MDA its own airline.
[post="299107"][/post]​

we may have a difference of opinion, but i share the same opinion as many much more legally informed and brilliant than i,...so, were's that contract we were promised day 1?your opinion I am afraid was formed before MAA lost the Potomac Air Operating certificate...and MAA was indeed flying under a seperate banner,....there are no FA's at MAA that are not Mainline recalls...wonder why FA's are qualified on all the US fleet? oh and FA's can J/S too...that's in violation of the Mainline Contract.......This is only the beginning...MAA FA's with the current salary and benefits qualify for foodstamps and Section 8 housing...Pretty Sad, but, thanks for your comments

1L1R2L2R said:
Thats the thing with these posting boards... People think that they are being helpful and start a post with information that they think to be correct... Of course what you posted sounds good... But have you verified all this information to be true? So you have done a proper and extensive professional investigation? This is what I mean... How many other posts were posted within the past 3 days stating the same stuff?
Can I get a B-O-R-I-N-G !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who cares about MDA ....I'ts going away....
focus on your real job like Mainline and America West merger postings. Because thats what is in your future.. its not MDA :huh:
[post="299112"][/post]​

I have verified this information with the AFA international who was unable to provide me a copy of the contract that is suppose to be the 'fence' because he said it was a combination of both the American Eagle and AFA Mainline contract...I have a letter from him in writing.....I have the FAA qualification of MDA from the FAA in writing and Dept of Labor opinions inwriting, plus hours and hours of legal advice from a top aviation/labor attorney...I am personally satisfied with the facts I have or I would not have posted the info.

sweet-tart said:
we may have a difference of opinion, but i share the same opinion as many much more  legally informed and brilliant than i,...so, were's that contract  we were promised day 1?your opinion I am afraid was formed before MAA lost the Potomac Air Operating certificate...and MAA was indeed  flying under a seperate banner,....there are no FA's at MAA that are not Mainline recalls...wonder why FA's are qualified on all the US fleet? oh and FA's can J/S too...that's in violation of the Mainline Contract.......This is only the beginning...MAA FA's with the current salary and benefits qualify for foodstamps and Section 8 housing...Pretty Sad, but, thanks for your comments
[post="299113"][/post]​

Incorrect again.

MAA flying on mainline JS was a "given" on mainline, period. There is no violation.

Please post your legal expertise on this forum, pray tell.

PITbull said:
Incorrect again.

MAA flying on mainline JS was a "given" on mainline, period. There is no violation.

Please post your legal expertise on this forum, pray tell.
[post="299119"][/post]​

I am aware of you and the tireless efforts and time you put into trying to make MAA a nice place for people who were displaced to remain in the aviation industry. I know the management has hadmany unlikely hands tied on this issue and was sad to read your letter of resignation on the 'Chips place' website...but what has happened to the line in the past year has been brutal...not only that, ourcurrent union rep I count as someone that is in a harder spot than any FA on the line and have quelled any attempt of others in our ranks to personally hurt her...vindictiveness is not of my nature and my legal knowledge comes only from the hours of time I have spent researching at my on expense with a labor/aviation atty, not only for all the MAA folks that ,although I am closer to some than others, I still have a respect for the job they do. I am also concerned with the ability big business has to crush the little folks that are the most profitable members of the work force.....I want a better, safer, saner place to work for all of us covered by cba's

1L1R2L2R said:
MDARULES QUOTE: Email [email protected] a rep will respond with and info you need on a way to help or info. you may want...
DO YOU MEAN THE 6 HRS SPLIT BETWEEN 2 DAYS IN A HOTEL ROOM WITH THE NEWLY HIRED LAWYER IN NY? HMMMMM

COME ON.. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT GOT INVOLVED IN GETTING THE LAWYER DOSNT MAKE YOU A PROFESSIONAL.. SO FOR SOMONE TO POST AN E-MAIL ADDRESS TO CONTACT YOU AND SAYS A "REP" WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU SHORTLY AFTER YOUR E-MAIL IS JUST CRAZY... WHAT KIND OF REP DOES THAT MAKE YOU? WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU HOLD? FILL US IN.. IF YOUR GOING TO POST ISSUES LETS 1ST SEE IF YOUR QUALIFIED TO SPEAK ON BEHALF OF THE LAWYER THAT YOU MET IN A HOTEL IN NY
WHAT A CROCK OF SHAAAT ;)
[post="299121"][/post]​

what a heart full of hate...just an fyi....the lawyer never was in my hotel room and further more i was there with a gentleman among our ranks who lives in midtown and accompanied me to any/all meetings... why someone would have such a problem with a group of people 70+ who are trying to help everyone at MAA and
everyone else who may be fuloughed and replaced by a teenager at any carrier in the future is beyond my train of thought....wow....and you wanted ?me? to find something productive to do with my time....well...I've evidently touched on a nerve honey :)

This is all so crazy..why are we all arguing over the MAA f/a's and pilots and other MAA employees losing their jobs. I was furloughed when the mainline f/a's voted for MAA to become what they are today..well..not much of anything anymore. But we still have our jobs, right.(until the furlough letters come.) This is all so silly. After the certificate that MAA was "sapposed" to hold and then scratched we were then put on the mainline certificate..that is when the company or MAA or whoever should have just admitted we are mainline. Now that everyone is flipping out they finally admit it. I wonder how these CCY characatures can sleep at night?

xoxo said:
This is all so crazy..why are we all arguing over the MAA f/a's and pilots and other MAA employees losing their jobs. I was furloughed when the mainline f/a's voted for MAA to become what they are today..well..not much of anything anymore. But we still have our jobs, right.(until the furlough letters come.) This is all so silly. After the certificate that MAA was "sapposed" to hold and then scratched we were then put on the mainline certificate..that is when the company or MAA or whoever should have just admitted we are mainline. Now that everyone is flipping out they finally admit it. I wonder how these CCY characatures can sleep at night?
[post="299130"][/post]​

thanks for your civility...the most junior pilots got their fulough letters in the mail yesterday:(

PITBull,

You also are incorrect..... MDA employees have been offered the America Eagle contract or whatever parts are deemed acceptable, but it has never materialized. The pilots have NO working agreement they can reference. I don't believe the F/A's do either?

Door person 1&2,

MDA may or may not go away, Jerry Glass retains the rights to the MDA operation as stated in his testimony at the MDA arbitration. That means your smarty-pants could be cleaning cabins and all the same stuff you always do (or don't do) for about half the pay, at the first year rate. Yawn..........but who cares, your probably over the hill anyway. ;-) You need to rein it in, there is more to the situation than would meet the eye.

SH

sweet-tart said:
thanks for your civility...the most junior pilots got their fulough letters in the mail yesterday:(
[post="299132"][/post]​
Yeah..I heard. I am so sorry. To all those MAA pilots..hang in there. We are gonna stick together on this. I have had such a great time here at the 170 Division. Everyone is so great to work with and I hope we all get what we deserve.. :up: Its gonna be sad when the f/a's start getting their furlough letters too. I myself have been just stressed. I know the ones that are junior and just came back are so mad. They all have to be to come back to this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.