Industry Consolidation?

767jetz said:
Because I find you amusing. Kinda like I find the clowns at the circus amusing. (Hey, you asked...)

Don't read so much into it, Tokyo Rose.

And by the way, I didn't exactly "pounce" as you put it. Your M&A thread was around for a while. In fact I think I even let it go about 4 pages before I put my 2 cents in. I actually enjoyed reading your fellow employees tear you apart for a while. :up:

P.S. With all due respect, you are so, so wrong.
Maybe i'm missing something here, but I think 320 pilot has a lot of good information. I think maybe people on these threads dont want to hear the truth about a DYING company, and are terrified at the prospect of looking for new employment. Especially those with no transferable skills!!!! There is life after USAirways!!!!!!!!

NeedForSpeedNFS said:
Maybe i'm missing something here, but I think 320 pilot has a lot of good information. I think maybe people on these threads dont want to hear the truth about a DYING company, and are terrified at the prospect of looking for new employment. Especially those with no transferable skills!!!! There is life after USAirways!!!!!!!!
What truth? The things that USA320Pilot posts have been proven time and time again to be, at best, his opinion, and at worst, out-right fabrication.

I agree, that lots of people don't want to hear the truth about a dying company... That is why USA320Pilot comes up with these far-fetched ideas for saving the said dying company, in my opinion. Its a lot easier to expect a "white-knight" to come along and save everybody, rather than to face the very real possibilities of what may lie ahead.

I can agree with one thing... USA320Pilot posts a lot of links to various articles, many of which are the same AP text published in different papers.

funguy2 said:
I do not believe a merger between America West and US Airways is any more likely than a merger between UAL and US Airways.
I don't think it will happen, either, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that the two mergers are equally likely. HP and US have complementary route structures and very similar fleets (though the A320 engines differ). If US were to fall under HP management, with HP's cost structure, I feel pretty certain the airline would survive against WN. Just look at how HP's doing in PHX and LAS.

But, having said all of that, I still find it unlikely that HP and US will merge.

NeedForSpeedNFS said:
exactly but save your breathe they dont want to hear the truth or face reality !

USA320Pilot said:
I have heard a US Airways - America West corporate combination is being discussed.
This would be bad for HP. Just look what US did to PSA after they took them over. I give HP 2 years after any merger with US, then bye, bye.

700UW said:
ALPA will reach an agreement, maybe AFA and CWA will, IAM will not and then the company will file BK and blame the IAM.

Watch, wait and see.
I don't believe afa will, not if the number pitbull quoted ($20,000) is close to being true. I can't see cwa either, after all the hits and part-times that this group has had to put up with. I guess time will tell. But I believe you're right about alpa, iam, and the 2nd bk.

Well, as Pitbull stated, the company will keep as many on board (F/A) to get whatever votes they can before furloughing again and gouging all of us. It has happened before and it will happen again. As soon as the votes come in there will be major layoffs for F/A's. So it gets down to the wire, how many F/A's will vote themselves out of a job AGAIN??? The folks who really need to pay attention and vote are the middle reserves. The juniors will be history. The seniors will still be around for a few more MINUTES. :angry:

What I find amusing is that if the information I post had no merit than why would people from United Airlines respond with so much emotion? Why waste the time?

Let's post just the facts:

US Airways and United have tried to merge twice.

US Airways has completed a domestic alliance with United and an alliance United's international partners.

David Brooner has publicly said on four separate occasions he was interested in acquiring United assets for US Airways.

Last month Dow Jones Newswires said the reason US Airways emerged from bankruptcy early was to merge with United.

Who publicly predicted each if these events before they occurred? USA320Pilot.

USA320Pilot concludes: To make things perfectly clear, I do not want to have a corporate combination with United. However, my opinion will likely not matter. US Airways' management has repeatedly publicly stated the Arlington-based airline is staring at a corporate transaction and it's my desire for it to not be with United. Why? Many people say United has the best network in the world, which is a network that lost more money in the first quarter than any other airline. This indicates the company's business plan is failing after all the cost cuts, as the company lingers in bankruptcy and cannot articulate a POR to the bankruptcy court.

Meanwhile last Friday the USA Today reported that Federal officials have been lobbied more quietly on another sensitive topic: airline consolidation. Faced with the possibility of financial failure, US Airways has been building a case in Washington that an airline merger wouldn't be a bad thing. "We've been very frank with regulators and legislators that consolidation is the inevitable next step," says US Airways executive Chris Chiames.

Again, according to the USA Today "US Airways has been building a case in Washington that an airline merger wouldn't be a bad thing." Who first reported this news on this website?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Attachments

• A320.jpg
    A320.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 150
Let's post just the facts:
Last month Dow Jones Newswires said the reason US Airways emerged from bankruptcy early was to merge with United.

so who's fulla it now 320???

if i remember correctly......we emerged because of the losing the credit company thingy...everyone is aware of that...how 'bout you?

Delldude:

I attended four bankruptcy court hearings and I fully understand the NPC issue. My point is last month Dow Jones reiterated what I said on this website that US Airways was seeking to acquire all or parts of United Airlines, presumably with RSA providing the financing.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Attachments

• A320.jpg
    A320.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 163
USA320Pilot said:
Delldude:

I attended four bankruptcy court hearings and I fully understand the NPC issue. My point is Dow Jones reiterated what I said on this website that US Airways was seeking to acquire all or parts of United Airlines, presumably with RSA providing the financing.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
but you made the point that the reason we emerged early was to merge with UAL....clearly you are mistaken.....data will disprove you........the media version was the NPC thing.....PERIOD.....
please quit using POETIC LICENSE..... ;)

Delldude:

I understand the bankruptcy rhetoric, but my point is simple. On April 20 Dow Jones wrote, "(US Airways CEO Dave) Siegel chose to get out of bankruptcy as soon as possible in a failed attempt to merge with UAL Corp."

Dell, again, this comment was not made by USA320Pilot, but by Dow Jones News. By the way, who on this website said the two companies were evaluating different corporate combination scenarios before Dow Jones made the comment above?

Would you please simply answer the question?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Attachments

• A320.jpg
    A320.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 156
So in other words you can't think for yourself. You seem content to let journalists lead you down the primrose path.

Back