Informational PICKETING

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
LINK: http://www.unionvoice.org/amer_west/notice...ter_id=11712996

Standing shoulder to shoulder in our fight for a fair single agreement, Flight Attendants at America West and US Airways will be joined by Flight Attendants at Mesa Airlines (who are currently in their own Section 6 negotiations), Labor and Community activists from across the state and country, and the entire Board of Directors of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA for a mass demonstration of solidarity and support in achieving fair contracts at US Airways as well as Mesa Airlines.

Your participation is necessary in sending a message to management that flight attendants are united in their demand for better pay and better working conditions.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Noon-2:00pm
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
Terminal 4
2nd Level Northside/Westend

Participants should plan on gathering at 11:30am.

Wearing Red/Seeing Red- Participants are encouraged to wear a red shirt on Tuesday October 16th's Protest.

only stating opinions

what happened to the lime green CHAOS scheme?!?!?!?!
a new labor "livery"??

sky high states: I, personally liked the AFA POSTER we all placed on our car windows.....yearsssssssssss ago. May I have one, please!

also, why isnt this posted on the AFA EAST website? E-line? Different information exists or non-exists on each site, alot of disparity.

only stating opinions

sky high states: Details, anyone go? Pictures? How many showed up? Anyone from this board?

RALLY WAS TODAY:

WHAT: Hundreds of flight attendants from 20 AFA-CWA carriers will rally at the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport to support their fellow flight attendants at US Airways and Mesa Airlines in their fight for fair contracts.

WHERE: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Terminal 4 - Barry Goldwater Terminal - Level 2, North side -West End

WHEN: Tuesday, October 16, 2007

only stating opinions

Good turnout! Bad location. You guys were in the corner by the employee bus stop!

U should have gone marching thru the terminals!!

[quote name='PO'ed PHX Ramper' post='535223' date='Oct 16 2007, 07:24 PM']Good turnout! Bad location. You guys were in the corner by the employee bus stop!

U should have gone marching thru the terminals!![/quote]

Was that you havin' a smoke with those other ramp kids across the way? Listen kiddo when you have a gathering like that you have to get a permit and thats the only place the airport will let any work group march. If you didn't notice there were cops out there making sure the marchers didn't step out onto the street and kept clear of the buses. I thought it was great to see when going out to catch the bus to go home!!

[quote name='PO'ed PHX Ramper' post='535223' date='Oct 16 2007, 06:24 PM']Good turnout! Bad location. You guys were in the corner by the employee bus stop!

U should have gone marching thru the terminals!![/quote]
We wanted to, but you have to have a permit and that is the only place they will give you one. :down: :down: :down:

Kristen ended up marrying one of the Mesa VP's of Finance or something, and is on leave from the airline. Kenly Chambers is the VP of Inflight right now, and she has a bunch of new faces in her department... I know that there has been some other inflight mgt turnover as well....

but I've been told that the only time Mesa FA's can join a picket is between contract durations -- so when this one expires they are welcome to do anything they want until a new contract is signed.