Tricks and Treats Pickets Planned

I don't understand the significance of a halloween protest. It's probably not a high travel day so you may not get much visibilty. Why not on Thanksgiving eve, then you can call it "pickets and gobbles" or the "stuffing of protests". :lol:

High travel day or not, The goal should be to get media coverage and to have a high turnout. A low turnout will have a negative effect IMO. I do agree Halloween doesn't seem like it be a good day.

Why not picket corporate HQ? Make it a personal appeal, and not one that will be watched from a TV.

Halloween is actually a horrible day. Many travel on that day but how many flight attendants have kids who are off? Hmmm picket or take my child trick or treating. Let me think about it. :rolleyes: Then you want it to be plastered on the news? Sure and WHO is watching the news on halloween at 5 or 6pm? Most are trick or treating or getting ready to. For those that don't are getting ready for the kids at their doors. STUPID! ! ! Yeah, do it on Halloween, that will show them. :rolleyes: All in all it's a busy day already without trying to picket or get GREAT exposure.

Do you think the general public knows that a 1st year F/A on PSA earns about $14,000/year?

Or that the obscenely high hourly rate is only paid when the plane is in the air?

Or that a 14 hour work day can yield as little as five hours of flight pay?
Yes I think they already know that. They also know that in reality, for whatever reason, this is a part time job.

There are may opportunities for the union to help its members.......one of them is not trying to insist on a full time job that just is not there.

Yes I think they already know that. They also know that in reality, for whatever reason, this is a part time job.

There are may opportunities for the union to help its members.......one of them is not trying to insist on a full time job that just is not there.

Are you out of your mind? :down: There is nothing part time about this job. You have no clue. I'm beginning to see a pattern here.....

What sort of "improvement" might you be referring to?
The 14 hour days being reduced or the pay being reduced?

Crew "wait time" needs to be reduced. It would be good if a way is found so this benefits both the employee and the company.

What ever happened to the thought of a crew staying with an airplane more often?

I don't understand the significance of a halloween protest. It's probably not a high travel day so you may not get much visibilty. Why not on Thanksgiving eve, then you can call it "pickets and gobbles" or the "stuffing of protests". :lol:

How About "The Stuffing of MGMT Pockets"!! :down:

Halloween is actually a horrible day. Many travel on that day but how many flight attendants have kids who are off? Hmmm picket or take my child trick or treating. Let me think about it. :rolleyes: Then you want it to be plastered on the news? Sure and WHO is watching the news on halloween at 5 or 6pm? Most are trick or treating or getting ready to. For those that don't are getting ready for the kids at their doors. STUPID! ! ! Yeah, do it on Halloween, that will show them. :rolleyes: All in all it's a busy day already without trying to picket or get GREAT exposure.

When Did Trick or Treating Start at Noon? I Wath the News @ 5 & 6..I Like To See What New Scandle The GOP Will Try to Weazel Their Way Out Of and Try to Figure Out What The Hell Bush Said at Another News Conference :huh:

Instead of Tricks or Treats, it will be Pickets and Protests for US Airways Flight Attendants across the country on Halloween, October, 31, 2006!

Remember, most if not all municipalities do NOT allow picketers to wear masks. :ph34r:

Plan your "costume" accordingly.

I support AFA but I wish they had come up with a form of protest a bit more professional and serious than this play date.

Frankly, I don't care what the customers think...

Sadly, too many US employees - at all levels of the company - feel exactly this way. They don't give a hoot about what customers think or want. Maybe if they cared more about their customers, some of those concessions might not have been necessary?