Is it time to send Doug Parker on a media blizt ?

I say get Doug a cameo on The Simpsons, maybe a customer at Moe's.

Then he could do Springer. Show topic would be "It's faster than a Greyhound and a Blue Tick Hound".

Maybe then do an infomercial between the Beverly Hillbillies and Green Acres on TVLand on how to pack your stuff in a fit everywhere (including the overhead) Hefty bag that can can be crushed into any shape.

Beat that drum, but go for the target audience.

Here’s a problem that we have : low boarding totals ….
Again check your facts
Total mainline load factor for the Tempe, Arizona-based airline edged up by 0.7 percentage points to 85.8% from 85.1% in the same period last year. Domestic load factor was up 0.2 percentage points at 86.4%. Load factor for Atlantic segment increased 2.7 percentage points to 83.8% from 81.1%, and load factor for Latin segment rose by 2.1 percentage points to 83.8% from 81.7%.

Just trying to prove the error to:
1. Employee
2. Customer
3. Shareholder
It does NOT work the other way around.

There is no error to it-it is the proven formula to a successful company.

Just look at CO and WN, two of the most successful airlines around, who both operate with their priorities as above. In fact the CEO of one of them told me in a conversation last year that those are his priorities....if you take care of 1 and 2, 3 takes care of itself.

Instead, the Sand Castle considers both employees and frequent customers as liabilities. Both Doug and Scott have made disparaging remarks about elites, and CHP's in particular during town meetings, and the recent changes to DM and Elite benefits show that they meant what they said.

The current track record with labor speaks for itself......

They know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Actually, i was one of the first to say i was against the merger with NWA. Not that it mattered. I will say, however, that Mr. Anderson and "his NW cronies" have been quite fair up to this point. All of ACS just received a 3% pay raise, along with appx. 4% equity in the new company once the merger closes. And the pilots group will be receiving a 5% raise in January followed by 4% annual raises thru 2013 i believe, along with a 3.5% equity stake in the new companies stock. I wish i had some negative news about Delta to ease your pain, i just can't seem to find any.
I've got some negative new for you.. My mother purchased a $2.000 dollar coach round trip ticket on DAL for a trip to Africa, thinking taking an american carrier would be the better option. Upon check in for her return flight home, the flight was oversold and she and a friend(and many more) were denied check in. This was done to prevent putting them up in a hotel. She checked in over 2 hours before the flight and had already been issued her seat assignment. Her friend had an actual boarding pass. The next day, they checked in 5 hours before flight departure and again weren't allowed to fly home! She said it was chaos and no one would offer an explanation or any concern. She told me green stickers were put on their bags and all who received green stickers were the ones left behind. After talking to other passengers, it was discovered that a couple who were to travel a few days later walked up and wanted to travel home earlier and were allowed somehow. My mother, not being one to sit idly by is already investigating why DAL handled things so poorly. She said it was a nightmare. She ended up getting out 2 days later. On a positive note, she did say the flight crews were nice and professional. I told her to file a complaint with the DOT. Airlines hate that!!

MOD NOTE:
AGAIN DO NOT quote entire posts when responding to posts on the same page or immediately above the post you are replying to.!

If a passenger is involuntarily denied boarding due to overselling, the passenger is not only provided accomodations, but is compensated as well. This isn't simply my belief, but fact and protocol. According to the info. below, she should have been compensated $800 for the invonvenience. Why this happened is beyond me as i'm not a ticket agent. If i were your mother she has every right to be angry and shold pursue this issue until it is resolved to her satisfaction.

"New rules issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation now are effective for customers faced with denied boarding. The new guidelines double the maximum amounts for involuntary denied boarding to $400 for passengers rescheduled to arrive within two hours of their original flight (or within four hours for international flights) and $800 for passengers rescheduled to arrive more than two hours of their original flight (or more than four hours for international flights."

Actually, i was one of the first to say i was against the merger with NWA. Not that it mattered. I will say, however, that Mr. Anderson and "his NW cronies" have been quite fair up to this point. All of ACS just received a 3% pay raise, along with appx. 4% equity in the new company once the merger closes. And the pilots group will be receiving a 5% raise in January followed by 4% annual raises thru 2013 i believe, along with a 3.5% equity stake in the new companies stock. I wish i had some negative news about Delta to ease your pain, i just can't seem to find any.
Have no fear, I'm sure there will be plenty in a few months......
Had "Mr. Anderson" not lined your pocket with 5%, I'm sure you would be crying to a different tune. He gave you a raise so you wouldn't pay too much attention to what was going on behind the curtain....

If a passenger is involuntarily denied boarding due to overselling, the passenger is not only provided accomodations, but is compensated as well. This isn't simply my belief, but fact and protocol. According to the info. below, she should have been compensated $800 for the invonvenience. Why this happened is beyond me as i'm not a ticket agent. If i were your mother she has every right to be angry and shold pursue this issue until it is resolved to her satisfaction.

"New rules issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation now are effective for customers faced with denied boarding. The new guidelines double the maximum amounts for involuntary denied boarding to $400 for passengers rescheduled to arrive within two hours of their original flight (or within four hours for international flights) and $800 for passengers rescheduled to arrive more than two hours of their original flight (or more than four hours for international flights."
Thanks for the info. My mother has already spoken with a DAL rep and all she could offer is 2 $100.00 Delta dollars. She said the woman was real nice that she spoke with and went on to tell her that DAL is having a lot of problems with the airport in ACC. She told my mother to pursue this further. 23 other passengers were also denied. That times $800.00 dollars is a lot of lost revenue. Makes me think, however, that DAL must be making a killing being the only US carrier to offer non-stop service to ACC and other places in Africa. Maybe US will start service to Africa from PHL sometime. :up:

Ok, let's really talk about the issue here...

Does Parker have the ability to change the public image? I think not...

Here's why...

He hasn't addressed the issue of the merger. There is no cohesive bond with the east/west operations. Even at the simpilest level there is still division. The east does things there way, the west does it their way... None of the unions with any size have a merged contract. Remember, If your employee's are happy that will transend to the passenger. With more than two years of distance since the merger, nothing has been done to UNIFY. There is no "LOW COST CARRIER".

Second: Parker had the ability to put away the money made in profit to hedge fuel costs. With all the money he pay's his advisors, they would have seen the biggest cost increase wasn't the employee's but fuel costs. There is only one person who needs to be accountabel to the improper decissions and that is DP.

Third: Crediblility is a two way street, He might have been the darling of Wall Street when he announced the merger, however he never followed through with the task at hand. Had he made a powerful impact with the unions, non-contract employee's and more importantly the shareholders that he could see the merger through, then he would have credibility. The fact that he did nothing to prepare for a financial downturn shows his true prowess. All he know's how to do is talk a big game.

Money talks, and the BS walks...

You want to change the image of LCC, get rid of Parker and all his gang...
Get rid of the overstructured design of this airline... and start running it like a true airline... not an idea...
Quit shooting ideas from the hip, take the time to think things out, how it will effect the company years down the road...

Just my opinion...

freedom said:
The DUI image isn’t something we can play up consciously …. But when you hear someone has a DUI ,one tends to gets the impression that the person who has them ,knows how to have a little too much fun , a risk taker … yes yes , DUIs are horrible and no one’s advocating them saying their cool.

I encourage you to spend a weekend in a hospital emergency room or go out and do a ride along with an EMS crew to see first hand the havoc caused when those who "Know how to have a little too much fun" get behind the wheel.

Latest posts