doug parker message to employees

1. Real leadership has set the tone :cost cutting and making us efficient …

2. They HAVE told us what the over capacity problem stems from : the other airlines , they need to go away .

3. I think parker and crew HAVE told the employee’s time and time again that their valuable etc , you know company functions BBQ’s etc , what YOU want is the kind of love that southwest shows with cards on V day that have 500 dollars in them …

3. Real leadership wouldn’t break out the spread sheets and explain to the entire company AND our competitors what appears to be working and what’s not working so our competitors can copy us …

4. As for the substandard contracts , HA , hate to be the one to break it to you , but you’d better get used to what you got cause it ain’t gonna get much better going forward for quite awhile.. My union president Randy Canale turned out to be right when he said we were facing less and less leverage going forward and should settle for what we can get NOW … face it , with the price of oil going up , the recession hitting America and our companies cash on hand shrinking on a daily basis , your NOT going to be making contract improvements , in fact I worry that those of us in the west who had a better contract when we first merged than did our east counterparts may now end up with the lower contract at some point down the line ….

If Doug parker came up to you ,gave you a big ole hug and told you that he loved you , valued you and was glad you worked here that STILL wouldn’t be enough for some of you . (heck you’d probably be trying to lift his wallet while he’s hugging you lol )

Well GEE , if they told the entire airline world what plan B was today , I think the other airlines would sudden follow our plan B …and then it’s back to square one …. :rolleyes:

Short of plan B ,I’m just going to hope delta and northwest destroy each other in a labor civil war .. :up:
I don't need to no what the details are of plan B, but it would be nice to know that one exists, Tempe is full of idiots and that scares me.

I think this is plan B

“We have more cash relative to size than most of our peers and have fewer obligations coming due in the next few years.â€￾

I think that translates into “wait until the other airlines die “

My union president Randy Canale turned out to be right when he said we were facing less and less leverage going forward and should settle for what we can get NOW …

Your union president is the same person who fills the heads of his subordinates with the theme " Your company needs an agreement that will carry it thru

M&A ", yet sends out cards for you to fill out supporting the " No more Mergers philosophy ". Ever wonder that maybe your union president is afraid of

losing membership in a DL/NW deal because the IAM can't solicit membership from DL? Which way is it? You can't have it both ways?

I think this is plan B

“We have more cash relative to size than most of our peers and have fewer obligations coming due in the next few years.â€￾

I think that translates into “wait until the other airlines die “
Wow, sit back have a beer play some golf and wait, I guess trying to figure out a plan B is over there heads and how much are these bozo's making? I think every employee has that plan already.

Freedom: Sorry, I missed all of that. I guess that this great communicator and leader just missed me somehow. How is other airlines going out of business part of a business plan? I could just see me walking into my bank with a plan like that. By the way, I actually have produced and presented a business plan to a lender before, how about you?

Freedom: Sorry, I missed all of that. I guess that this great communicator and leader just missed me somehow. How is other airlines going out of business part of a business plan? I could just see me walking into my bank with a plan like that. By the way, I actually have produced and presented a business plan to a lender before, how about you?

To be honest it really doesn’t need to be that complex of a plan B … sadly because we’re an airline , we can’t fix cars , or sell books or start a side business … we’re stuck with being an airline , and that’s what we have to focus on to make money …

Also for your business experience , good luck being an airline and walking into a bank , guess who’s going to give you a loan ? No one , unless your southwest , and that looks to be about it in today’s economic climate .While they say there’s a sucker born every minute you’d have to look high and low for one who isn’t aware of airlines past history of defaulting on everything ….

No I’d say wait for the other airlines to die is a pretty good plan , of course I’m sure it will involve other things like al carte pricing , selling pillows and blankets etc … but the main trust will just be to buy enough time for someone to go out …

For those of you who think the government will step in and save the day , think again … that won’t happen until there are only 2 or 3 major carriers left in this country ….

An Important Message from CEO Doug Parker
May 30, 2008

Fellow Employee:

In the meantime, please keep up the great work. We’re running one of the best airlines in the country and our customers are noticing. That is extremely important in this environment. Thank you for your continual commitment to our passengers and to US Airways

Nothing like writing under the influence of Budweiser and a Ouija board. What's next? Rock-paper-scissors.

Later,
Eye

#1 in On Time Arrival, but who cares if you make it on time if you get treated like crap the whole way. Doug where does this airline stand in Customer Satisfaction?????????????????????
Well, YOU the employees are the ones that have the direct customer contact, not Doug. This is one place you can't blame him.

You are correct OTA doesn't matter if they are "treated like crap the whole way." Who is treating the passengers this way? Hmm, makes one think. There are a lot of disgruntled people out there, and even if you continue to blame the higher ups, you are the ones who make the difference.

1. Real leadership has set the tone :cost cutting and making us efficient …

2. They HAVE told us what the over capacity problem stems from : the other airlines , they need to go away .

Every airline executive out there is telling their employee's the exact same thing and the whole industry is playing a huge game of chicken. That would be fine if everytime someone lost, they actually went away. Instead what's happening is that these Company's are hiding in Bankruptcy court for months and years on end and end up finding more sucker's to invest in the "new and improved" airline.

Doug and his band of houligan's are just the latest group of corporate "darling's" selling their brand of money making scheme's. They shoved two money losing airline's, AWA and USA together and for a while actually made some money. But instead of finishing the merger and attempting to CREATE something meaningful, they decided to let their ego's get in the way and have attempted to purchase ATA, Delta and of late, merge with and run United. They have failed on all accounts.

During 2007 LCC ran up one of the worst operationaly run airline's and was ranked dead last recently by the Univeristiy of Michigan. Also during this time, oil has skyrocketed and airlines are shuttingn down left and right. With the latest failure, the merger with United, Doug now has to defend himself in a letter to HIS employee's and it is vague. Employee's do have a right to know more and you are correct that they shoudn't outline inta-company details.

What happened now is that after a much ballyhoo'd attempt at a very public merger, Doug has failed at what he consider's the most important battle and that is to merge with other carrier's. AND HE FAILED WITH THE ONE OTHER CEO, TILTON, WHO IS ADVOCATING THE SAME IDEA. Therefore, the Employee's deservedly are upset that today's letter is vague and deserve more answer's and leadership to finish the first merger, lead them into unity and that ain't happening right now.

But instead of finishing the merger and attempting to CREATE something meaningful, they decided to let their ego's get in the way and have attempted to purchase ATA, Delta and of late, merge with and run United.
ATA was only in the mix before Southwest made a deal with them. After that deal fell through did the US merger happen. If anything ATA might have gone smoother in terms of integration.