Is TAESL shutting its doors in 30 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dvlhog212 said:
That would lessen the blow for some guys. Still though, I stand by my position that your seniority should work for you without condition or restraint.
I was referring to the fact that had we still had the $12500, the company would look to minimize the bump and roll in order to pay out less...
As far as seniority working for you, we do not have the process where a laid off employee can choose where he/she wants to go. I sympathize with those who may get laid off in AFW while someone junior in DWH or even DFW gets to be home. Maybe this is something that can be reworked either in JCBA or more likely when the current CBA expires. 
But should there be a different set of rules for the Bases than for the Line?

I was referring to the fact that had we still had the $12500, the company would look to minimize the bump and roll in order to pay out less...
As far as seniority working for you, we do not have the process where a laid off employee can choose where he/she wants to go. I sympathize with those who may get laid off in AFW while someone junior in DWH or even DFW gets to be home. Maybe this is something that can be reworked either in JCBA or more likely when the current CBA expires. 
No, absolutely not. I believe the rules should be the same for all AMTs.

How come the rif was okay for your whole career here at AA and for many decades the rip was just fine. Why are you now just jumping up and down. nobody listened when I was getting rif why should I give a rats ass.

How come the rif was okay for your whole career here at AA and for many decades the rip was just fine. Why are you now just jumping up and down. nobody listened when I was getting rif why should I give a rats ass.
Relax Bubba. I`m not affected...this time. I`m pointing out yet another serious misstep by the worthless union. I have many friends affected by these last rifs. Wouldn't you like your seniority to afford you your choice of station in the event of a rif? Btw, I never said "the rif was okay". You should care because YOU maybe affected someday.

We put in place the current RIF process as a concession when the 12500 was giving to us. But low and behold the 12500 is gone but the current RIF process is still in place..

So as usual, the topic drifts from a rumor about a place shutting down, the resulting rif, to how the rif system works and the history to how much the twu sucks. Pretty much the same basic drift for nearly every topic.

You know, I get it, but sometimes get sick of all the whining. And, I'm not defending the crappy union, its just better for my health at this stage of life, to not dwell negatively on such things that are out of my control and will never change.

DallasConehead said:
So as usual, the topic drifts from a rumor about a place shutting down, the resulting rif, to how the rif system works and the history to how much the twu sucks. Pretty much the same basic drift for nearly every topic.

You know, I get it, but sometimes get sick of all the whining. And, I'm not defending the crappy union, its just better for my health at this stage of life, to not dwell negatively on such things that are out of my control and will never change.
I think 400 people would disagree. RIFs are a direct result of a shutdown. I'd say the two are pretty much related and don't see any drifting off topic. As for the TWU sucking, well they too are pretty much related to a closure and RIFs...And when they make special deals to suit a base over the line RIFs ....I'd say this too is not drifting off topic nor is it whining. People are always impacted in one way or another.

Like I said before. You guys have alot of stuff to work out as there are many, many differences in your contracts.  It will be very interesting to see who's language is kept thru-out the nego process.   I do wish you guys good luck, and hope everyone can get thru this in a positive way...

iluvaa said:
We put in place the current RIF process as a concession when the 12500 was giving to us. But low and behold the 12500 is gone but the current RIF process is still in place..

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Years ago the most senior man getting laid off had to displace the most junior man in the system before the next individual being riffed could displace the next lowest in juniority.

Once there were a few (most junior) AMT’s in SJU, and the majority of the AMT’s being riffed refused to go there so they had to hit the street. Until the junior individual was displaced, no one could displace the next in juniority. I remember this because an AMT on my crew was riffed at the time and had to displace into SJU because he couldn’t afford to take layoff.

The next negotiations (and that was many years ago) corrected that problem with the system that’s currently in place, and it wasn’t a concession. The $12,500 had nothing to do with it.

Also, there’s never been a contract proposal at American I’ve ever heard of that suggested a laid off individual could displace a junior one at any station of their choice. I’m sure I don’t need to remind you, the language you keep bragging about AMFA inherited from the IBT contract.

DallasConehead said:
In case you weren't aware, when AFW was started, DFW AC Maint was represented by 513, it was proposed that AFW employees be in 513 and one station with DFW, DAL, and GSW,  like it was back then.  514 balked and that was that. Then when self determination came about under Sonny Hall, the idea was floated to make DFW and AFW one local, it was shot down because the guys at AFW didn't want it. Just a little history lesson for ya there.
Really. I don't remember not wanting it and I was there when it opened. We didn't have a local set up and DFW didn't want us. So we had Old Jim Little running our meetings. Guess how that went. We were screwed from day one.

MetalMover said:
When we had the 12500 it didn't matter. Even Larry Pike was involved in that back in the 1990's AFW layoffs. As soon as the company noticed our AFW mechanics getting the 12500 bump money, they got the TWU to put a letter out and the rest got no money.

texasreb said:
When we had the 12500 it didn't matter. Even Larry Pike was involved in that back in the 1990's AFW layoffs. As soon as the company noticed our AFW mechanics getting the 12500 bump money, they got the TWU to put a letter out and the rest got no money.
The best union money can buy.

DallasConehead said:
In case you weren't aware, when AFW was started, DFW AC Maint was represented by 513, it was proposed that AFW employees be in 513 and one station with DFW, DAL, and GSW,  like it was back then.  514 balked and that was that. Then when self determination came about under Sonny Hall, the idea was floated to make DFW and AFW one local, it was shot down because the guys at AFW didn't want it. Just a little history lesson for ya there.

Thanks for the history lesson but there was another reason why it did not happen. I'll give you one guess who droped the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back