Is the membership the SUPREME Authority Here?

This would be a great read for those interested in the TWU vs AMP issue.

However, I suspect CIO just read this, has a pucker factor of 10 and left the board for awhile or never to return.

The idea makes me think a challenge to TWU James C Little for a debate in Tulsa is already prudent and timely.

Conehead has it right. The whole reason for having a board of directors is to set direction, and that includes the constitution. I could see where the cost of holding an election for each structural change could get pretty costly.

And, as Informer pointed out, there's an adequate safety valve allowing members to petition for a referendum, which is something the TWU apparently doesn't have.

CIO might appear to be a newbie, but I suspect he's no stranger to the forums or trying to defend the TWU.

In 2003 on the PlaneBusiness forums, I offered to moderate a debate between one TWU supporter and one AMFA supporter. The rules of engagement were simple -- we'd set up a dedicated thread, and only the two named individuals could alternate posts.

An AMFA supporter stepped up immediately, but the TWU was so threatened by the possibility of not being able to defend themselves on the merits of their constitution that they went running to the Company, and demanded that I be reprimanded and forced to stop moderating on PlaneBusiness. We shut down the boards shortly after that.

I doubt we'd see someone from the TWU step forward to present their side, but maybe Ralph or one of the other moderators here would consider a similar format. If they're not management employees, they wouldn't be biased or subject to being harassed by AA HR...
It would be interesting if this happens. I don't think I'll hold my breath though.

... snip
I doubt we'd see someone from the TWU step forward to present their side, but maybe Ralph or one of the other moderators here would consider a similar format. If they're not management employees, they wouldn't be biased or subject to being harassed by AA HR...
AA HR has a nasty habit of harassing anyone they don't like regardless of their target being represented or not.

That said, it's doubtful those running the board will have to worry about whether or not their software will handle the idea you had, E - rest assured the TWU hasn't a side to present - participating in a debate on this site would do nothing but prove that fact to those who chose to follow it.

This isn't a "preferred" site for the TWU supporters. Except for a very few, they stay clear of it because "It's an AMFA website". Not sure what venue would get wide enough "readership" for an AMP/TWU debate to be an effective tool anyway. On this site, for those reasons, it would be very much like "Preaching to the Choir".

This isn't a "preferred" site for the TWU supporters. Except for a very few, they stay clear of it because "It's an AMFA website". Not sure what venue would get wide enough "readership" for an AMP/TWU debate to be an effective tool anyway. On this site, for those reasons, it would be very much like "Preaching to the Choir".
How could this be their "preferred" site? We don't talk about fish'n, guns, trucks, boats, Harley's, purdy women, UFC, mud wrestling, cock fighting, or beer brewing.

This would be a great read for those interested in the TWU vs AMP issue.

However, I suspect CIO just read this, has a pucker factor of 10 and left the board for awhile or never to return.

The idea makes me think a challenge to TWU James C Little for a debate in Tulsa is already prudent and timely.

He'd never show. The twu was unable to debate AMFA when invited to in Tulsa. If he did accept an invitation he would still not have any factual basis for people to not leave the twu. But I'm sure there would be a flatbed truck with a coffin parading up and down the street.

Conehead has it right. The whole reason for having a board of directors is to set direction, and that includes the constitution. I could see where the cost of holding an election for each structural change could get pretty costly.

If one local has 600 members and the other 2 spliit the remainder of the membership, the minority (Board of Directors) will always control the outcome.

Example: A petition was circulating in Tulsa to recall the TA. 25% of the local membership signed the petition. The average industry voting is 35 %.

If one local has 600 members and the other 2 spliit the remainder of the membership, the minority (Board of Directors) will always control the outcome.

Example: A petition was circulating in Tulsa to recall the TA. 25% of the local membership signed the petition. The average industry voting is 35 %.

I think I need to go through a case of crown just to kill enough brain cells to figure this one out.

comatose
... snip

I think I need to go through a case of crown just to kill enough brain cells to figure this one out.

I'd offer to help but I quit drinking years ago and am stuck on the sidelines with too much blood in my alcohol system.

So who would defend the TWU in a debate on here? There's any number of regular posters that won't (Bob, Ken, etc.), but in all my time here, I can really only remember a couple of die hard TWU supporters.