afa mec president recalled

A merger does not give US FA's any leverage, just the opposite!

My mistake then. Any/all modifications as to FA scope must have merely been intended as page filling fun...and, of course; management must needs be entirely motivated by the goodness and extreme largesse of their pure hearts, and their stated awareness of it being "The right thing to do"...after..ummm...how many years of stonewalling again? ;)

Perhaps I'm indeed being extremely dense herein. It would greatly help my understanding of just why, at this time, Tempe seeks a contract with the FA's???? Please DO be so kind as to explain management's motivations for this...???...I'm listening???

If what you assert is at all true, and any potential merger merely reduces that group's leverage...well; What's in it for Tempe? ;)

Reactions: 2 people
This contract has been in works for years. They can merge without one and start over with the combined group, no leverage.

"FA's will be foolish if they reject this TA..." Ummm....Hmmm...Must be true if you say so. Let me see here:
The management has seen fit to stall any and all contract progress for, umm...how many years now? Suddenly, with a possible deal with American on the horizon; (and many millions to then be pocketed by management),..well... it's contract time kiddies! No possible way that this could be the first actual opportunity for the FA's to have even some degree of leverage...Nah!..that couldn't be...far better to take whatever utter garbage Tempe begrudgingly offers, as scraps from the table.

Wait! What am I thinking!!?? It's been obvious for so many years, especially all the years that the west FA's have been without any contract improvement...and some working at food stamps levels...that management (the caring souls that they are) have somehow, for who knows why, just been mysteriously waiting for this magic moment to finally offer up something/anything...because, of course; "It's the right thing to do" ;) "The right thing to do" also seems to seek modification to the FA's scope terminology...Golly!..With American a possibility...I can only wonder at just why that might be the case.

Words just fail me here.

I've long wondered; In addition to your clearly constant, intravenous feeding of Kactus Koolaide: Does Tempe issue your sort knee pads and chapstick?...or, do you actually have to pay for those yourself?

Seriously? (Enjoying my koolaid) You have no clue what you are saying....At any rate you have no control oer what happens nor do I so keep spewing if it helps your nerves!

This contract has been in works for years. They can merge without one and start over with the combined group, no leverage.

"This contract has been in works for years." No kidding? ;) So....I ask again; What's in it for Tempe to want one now?

That seems both a reasonable and very rudimentary inquiry to me. Why such apparently grievous difficulty with answering it UPNAWAY?

Reactions: 4 people
Seriously? (Enjoying my koolaid) You have no clue what you are saying....At any rate you have no control oer what happens nor do I so keep spewing if it helps your nerves!

Not being an FA myself, but merely wishing to see those good people NOT get hosed again, my nerves are just fine ;) Keep taking in batch lots of the Koolaide son, if it helps yours.

Best to All.

Reactions: 3 people
To be clear he was fired for actively supporting the TA, the other councils did not.
To be clear, you are exactly wrong, yet again.

Per their e-lines, he was fired for forgetting that he worked for the councils, per their Constitution and ByLaws, and not the other way around. He became a bully. Should fit right in at PHX. I hear he survived several previous attempts at recall, well before their TA was announced so I don't think it would be that.

and, about fuel costs going up. Are you suggesting that the employees should help subsidize fuel costs, what, in order to keep the fares the same?

and, what relevance does this have to competition between airlines? Don't their fuel costs increase also? or does your concern troll comment only apply to US?

You know, I would want an employee with your enthusiasm and ability to drink laced corporate koolaide but your ignorance and fantasy imaginings would definitely result in a "thanks but no thanks". SWA wouldn't take you? Wonder why. I can certainly see why you might be afraid of having to look for a different job.

To be clear, you are exactly wrong, yet again.

Per their e-line, he was fired for forgetting that he worked for the councils, per their Constitution and ByLaws, and not the other way around. He became a bully.

Yo boo boo, you just described Cleary to a tee! Thanks for that one.

Should fit right in at PHX.

Don't know where you're going here. Our reps represent us just fine. That's why you guys hate them.

Are you suggesting that the employees should help subsidize fuel costs, what, in order to keep the fares the same?

Ummmmmm, LOA93....you're already subsidizing the bottom line.

Yo boo boo, you just described Cleary to a tee! Thanks for that one.

Don't know where you're going here. Our reps represent us just fine. That's why you guys hate them.

Ummmmmm, LOA93....you're already subsidizing the bottom line.

Now I'm confused!! I thought Cleary was a PILOT and not a Flight Attendant? Did he switch jobs?

Reactions: 1 person
My mistake then. Any/all modifications as to FA scope must have merely been intended as page filling fun...and, of course; management must needs be entirely motivated by the goodness and extreme largesse of their pure hearts, and their stated awareness of it being "The right thing to do"...after..ummm...how many years of stonewalling again? ;)

Perhaps I'm indeed being extremely dense herein. It would greatly help my understanding of just why, at this time, Tempe seeks a contract with the FA's???? Please DO be so kind as to explain management's motivations for this...???...I'm listening???

If what you assert is at all true, and any potential merger merely reduces that group's leverage...well; What's in it for Tempe? ;)

This is a very good post! It has been on the news all day that talks with the crediters and other were taking place about possible merger with AMR. So, while they may not be in talks with AMR they are in talks with the people that matter if the judge does not accept their (AMR management) plan or extend the time in which they can submit their plan.

Folks, you really do have an upper hand here. It is a very small window in which you have leverage. Don't get too excited about it, but don't sit on you hands and do nothing about it. Could you be put in recesss? Yes you could but your company wants peace at this time for a reason so they are more willing to play with you than to go home crying. There is nothing that prevents the two sides from talking even if you are put into a recess. At this point as I stated before (my opinion)) is that you are voting on the lesser of two evils. You vote yes and live with a clearly inferior agreement or vote no and live what you already have. If no it could be a long time but with no surprises. If it is yes you could be opening your self up to the unknown. You are not even voting on the final draft of this agreement. It even has a disclaimer about possible errors! They have already "clarified" several things with those lovely side letters. What else lurks in there after it is all said and done? Won't tell you how to vote but you must not vote blindly either. YOU SHOULD get the whole scoop good or bad! My problem is you are not. You are only hearing the good points. It would be pointless to go through my concerns as the answers from those that know only give carefully worded double speak and never really give you an actual answer.

As far as the Mr. Flores fiasco, that just brings me back to the merger policy clearly spelled out in your constitution and by laws. Please read it very carefully. It spells out what should have taken place. Some will disagree with it but if they would have followed their own rules this might never have taken place! The reason I even bring it up is both sides were throwing your constitution language around but this section never seems to come up. Just an observation.

To be clear he was fired for actively supporting the TA, the other councils did not.

FA's will be foolish if they reject this TA, the Industry landscape for the next 1-2 years does not look very promising with high oil. Throw in a merger and you may delay things 4-5 more years.

Yet again, you obviously haven't a clue about what you are talking about. If you did, I doubt you still would.
No doubt a prerequisite for your position in Tempe. Do us ALL a favor and keep the rhetoric and propaganda over on the pilot thread.

You are not even voting on the final draft of this agreement. It even has a disclaimer about possible errors! They have already "clarified" several things with those lovely side letters. What else lurks in there after it is all said and done? Won't tell you how to vote but you must not vote blindly either. YOU SHOULD get the whole scoop good or bad! My problem is you are not. You are only hearing the good points. It would be pointless to go through my concerns as the answers from those that know only give carefully worded double speak and never really give you an actual answer.

Indeed...."a disclaimer about possible errors" should be sufficient cause for reasonable concern alone. Not being in the FA group; I'm just offering unsolicited opinions, and in no way trying to tell anyone how they should vote. That is, very properly, entirely up to you ladies and gents to decide. When I first heard of both the possible agreement and the American situation...I couldn't help but consider it more than a little bit strange that a management, which has shown nothing more than complete contempt for employees, and zero interest in signing on to any contract in YEARS!..is suddenly, and very surprisingly, interested in closing one.

Some dark imagery comes to mind: Everything's been very quiet at home for a very long time. One comes home, after a 4 day, and finds a freshly chewed hole in the garage wall. Shining a flashlight in; the scene is one of beady eyes and quivering whiskers.....It's hard to not surmise that the rats are up to something....It may not be wise to throw them any free cheese....

I suggest only that all make sure to shine the flashlight in.......before putting a hand into the hole....

I am not sure I understand the logic here. So management offers a poor contract because the want a deal done to facilitate a merger? If that is the case would they not be offering probably a better deal?

I am not sure I understand the logic here. So management offers a poor contract because the want a deal done to facilitate a merger? If that is the case would they not be offering probably a better deal?
Why offer a "better" deal if one thinks one can get away with a "worse" deal? Better and worse being in relationship to the FAs.

You don't negotiate much, do you?

My intuition, FWIW, tells me that if the F/A's reject this, Tempe will come back in short order with a better offer.

Did I mention in short order?

Either you've had to much of the PBR infused Koolade served by Doug or you're seriously lacking in business acumen. Either which way consider the following.

1. Q: Why has the contract been "Years in the making"?
A: Because it was in the best interest of US Airways to keep labor cost as low as possible, this is why contract negotiations drag for years.

2. Q: Why throw out a low ball deal now?
A:
If the F/A's are dumb enough to accept it then so os US Airways.

3. Q: Why do a deal now?
A: If the low ball offer is accepted then Doug has a card to play with the creditors at AA. The AMR unions would likely have to accept the US BK era contracts or risk having the courts set the contracts.

Latest posts