afa mec president recalled

Hello people! The MEC was going to step down and go back to flying whether the T/A passed or not. He had stated that intention many times. He had no plans to run again. On March 30th when the T/A results are announced he was done.

WAKE UP! The reason the PHL and CLT council recalled him was to divert the attention away from the fact that when the LECP of PHL requested a system seniority list from the East, a list of all of our Social Security numbers came with the seniority list. She should have IMMEDIATELY notified AFA National of this fact but failed to do so. The CLT LECP was also aware of the list and failed to do nothing. It was the DCA LECP who called it to Mikes attention and he acted swiftly and notified National.

Further investigation will show that officers and even members working on the seniority list who should NOT have had that list did so and TG and CC knew it. They did not think it was important or a breach until they were found out. Now they are using all these tactics to take the focus off of their huge blunder and say Mike needed to be recalled. Mike is by no means a stupid man and knew the ramifications of a bunch of members SS numbers floating around. He handled it accordingly.

It's all smoke and mirrors and wait until it all comes out in the wash....stay tuned.

Reactions: 1 person
US Airways Union Leader Recalled Amid Contract Vote

Click here to read the story.

Sounds like a case of live by the sword die by the sword to me. Of course you have to run everything that US Airways shill Ted Reed writes through a BS filter so who knows if he's puking out the corporate line or not.

Hello people! The MEC was going to step down and go back to flying whether the T/A passed or not. He had stated that intention many times. He had no plans to run again. On March 30th when the T/A results are announced he was done.

WAKE UP! The reason the PHL and CLT council recalled him was to divert the attention away from the fact that when the LECP of PHL requested a system seniority list from the East, a list of all of our Social Security numbers came with the seniority list. She should have IMMEDIATELY notified AFA National of this fact but failed to do so. The CLT LECP was also aware of the list and failed to do nothing. It was the DCA LECP who called it to Mikes attention and he acted swiftly and notified National.

Further investigation will show that officers and even members working on the seniority list who should NOT have had that list did so and TG and CC knew it. They did not think it was important or a breach until they were found out. Now they are using all these tactics to take the focus off of their huge blunder and say Mike needed to be recalled. Mike is by no means a stupid man and knew the ramifications of a bunch of members SS numbers floating around. He handled it accordingly.

It's all smoke and mirrors and wait until it all comes out in the wash....stay tuned.

You are correct....and I'm not sure that my SS# isn't still floating around.

His actions are asserted to have indicated otherwise.

As I did, call the principals involved. They told me the MEC chair went to Ted Reed without MEC authorization to sell the tentative. A meeting was called and the president offered to resign April 1. When the presidents required a signed letter stating he would resign, he refused. During the course of this, the chair sent the presidents he worked for numerous emails and phone messages with physical and legal threats.

Supposedly he was given more than a few chances to go gracefully yet he chose the ugly way. C'est la vie.

About the "list". Please do your own research as to who is "authorized" to view such information, per your union. I think you will be stunned. I know I was surprised when I was at ALPA. Report back, please. You may also wish to ask the company why they keep sending out employee lists with SSN on them.

This is not like the pilots. At all.

A couple things to point out that are missed in your post. Mr. Flores can say anything he wants it does not make it true. He may indeed say he was going to step down. Two issues with him saying that. One, If your T/A passes he does not need to step down as there will be a new election for the combined flight attendant group. The second point is that according to your constitution and by Laws that should have already happened anyway! Who is to say that Mr.Flores would not have appointed himself to the new position of PBS ZAR? Maybe he would have appointed Ms. Austin to the position right before "Stepping" down. These same folks seem to pop up somewhere new all the time.

I will not try to argue your position as to what the Philly and Charlotte LEC motivations were for recalling Mr. Flores. You may be right I am not friends of friends of friends so I have no clue. What I do know is that your constitution and by laws are clear. It states that the MEC president may be recalled with or without cause. Until someone comes along and changes that it really does not matter what motivations they had at this point. I think there are more than a few people that will say it should have been done a long time ago. I believe there are more issues that led to this. What ever the latest issue is regardless of motivation may have been the last straw for them. Time may tell.

You appear to have personal knowledge of the situation. I am sure that if it is a case of abuse of power it will come out. Again, I won't argrue with you on that point. I will say again this whole thing might have been avoided if the merger policy in the constitution were followed in the first place. I know many scoffed when I said this years back when I brought this up. I do not celebrate that fact but in this case it would appear following your rules as indended may have saved this hassle in the first place!!!

The actual facts are that the former LEC president of Boston brought it to everyone's attention including DCA President.

The former BOS president informed international, the MEC and Diane immediately and DEMANDED something get done immediately to rectify the situation as this was a gross breech in identity security and gross negligence on the part of AFA International who acutally sent the file.

I saw the e-mails that passed among those in the know.

On a side note, the rumor that the MECP president was not running again is bunk. He needs a long rest as he got too full of himself on the way up.

So mike, take a long rest.

Its time to clean house over there, long overdue. MEC grievance chair should be next. Maybe with new leadership and a new grievance chair, the f/as just might win one.

Reactions: 2 people
The actual facts are that the former LEC president of Boston brought it to everyone's attention including DCA President.

The former BOS president informed international, the MEC and Diane immediately and DEMANDED something get done immediately to rectify the situation as this was a gross breech in identity security and gross negligence on the part of AFA International who acutally sent the file.

On a side note, the rumor that the MECP president was not running again is bunk. He needs a long rest as he got too full of himself on the way up.

Its time to clean house over there, long overdue. MEC grievance chair should be next. Maybe with new leadership and a new grievance chair, the f/as just might win one.

Don't worry, they already have that one covered. Maybe he and Ms. Austin will end up in the wonderful new PBS Zar position. Pay is good with some other perks and you are only available during "Regular business hours"!! This is at least a two year stint as your job is to be part if the implementation as well as work out the bugs afterwards. Sounds lke a great gig to me. Too bad only the inner circle will probably be able to abtain such a position. No wonder Mr. Flores went from saying PBS was not your friend to being its biggest cheerleader!

Seems that AFA inteernational could use a bit of spiffying up as well!

That is NOT why the recalled Mike . It's called cover your ass. Have you or anyone yet to get the reason for the recall . They could not wait 8 more days. Call Cathy Call Terri . Terri lets her husband and her sec/tres have access to her Afa email account and answer for her. As for Cathy well good luck. Former lec of BOS still cant get over not getting elected. This sent a very bad message to the members, just before and election ....it could tank it. And no no no mike was not running again , so stop spreading rumors. AFA INT. (Veda ) is involved along with the investigation . If you don't get along tough sh$t. Don't screw over your members. Be adults and work it out. You are not out here on the line to hear how many are baffled over this , along with mistrust. Lecp Diane is the only one I have found to tell the truth.,and no I'm not based there. The Phl lec sec/tres should only have those duties . In CLT Cathy has iced out a couple of her staff. This is all BS Like mike or not he is not the fall guy for this!!!!

This makes us look like the big fools to the company!

Reactions: 2 people
Pssst, NOT to rain on your parade but the Company thought you fools from before I started flying regularly. Things like tjos are merely confirmation of their beliefs.
Thanks SH...what ever would we do without your knowledge and ability to put yourself into FA. post .

Thanks SH...what ever would we do without your knowledge and ability to put yourself into FA. post .

You're quite welcome! My point was/is that IMO the biggest hurdle that your group faces is to be taken seriously as the Professionals you are. The non stop Union bickering and infighting does not serve your group well. Without betraying any confidences all i will say is I was appalled by the attitudes of some of the execs of old US I met towards your group. Downright NASTY stuff.

So you want to be pissy with me, that's certainly your right, however you'll excuse me if I don't give a crap.

Who emailed her the list? How would she know what was distributed unless she was forwarded the email? I mean, unless she knew the particular file that was forwarded to the LEC presidents, how would she even know who received what?

Assuming she knew what was distributed, who would have told her? Her friend, the DCA president?

It seems to me the DCA president, on receiving the information, blasted it out without checking anything, much less who should receive such information. On realizing she screwed up, she is trying to take credit for "discovering" the SSN information, shortly thereafter the PHX MEC president tried to take credit for "discovering" followed, like the stench from cow fertilizer, the former east MEC president trying to take credit for the "discovery", of the century, I imagine.

With two of the three "discoverers" key to this tentative, no wonder the tentative turned out to be nothing more than a poop pie.

Latest posts