Is US airways allowing it’s Terminals to fall into disrepair ?

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
Here in PHX I’ve seen a couple of TV’s in the passenger seating area offline for a few months now , and today over half of the airport TV’s were also off line ..

I’m guessing that here in PHX ,sky harbor is the one who maintains the TV’s , but never the less , someone needs to light a fire under them ….

If our boarding areas are perceived as shabby , then our airline is going to be perceived as shabby …

If we’re paying maintenance fee’s for the facility , we should DaRn well get things fixed in a timely manner …

It is the city and not US Airways problem, so I'd change the title of the thread if possible. Plus, if you live here, I'm sure you know the kind of shape the city of Phoenix is in right now. Fixing TV's in the airport is probably last on a very long list.

i don't care what shape the city of PHX is in .... they need to fix those TV's , non functioning TV's makes US look bad ....

As for changing the title of the tread , if we're not riding the city to fix things , then we are in the end the ones to blame ...

The TV's might be off due to the crash of a UPS 747 in Dubai. IIRC, the airport news tv service, which is really CNN, is usually shut down if there is any type of major airline accident in the news.

no , half of the terminal TV's were working that day , it looked like techincal problems ..

Has anyone looked at the inside of the jetways in CLT. Some of them are owned by the city and some by US. The carpet is being held down by roofing nails after coming unglued from the floor on quite a few jetways. The linings are dirty, broken and in one case missing a section, gate B-1. They need new carpet and linings. The city painted the outside of their jetways a couple of summers ago but that's as far as they went. The jetways are suppose to be cleaned at night but they don't. I can't believe when Dougie comes to town he doesn't notice. Does anyone else see what I see.

Freedom, the only pull US has with Sky Harbor is however much they've contributed to the airport. I don't know who paid how much for T4, but even if HP paid for all of it (highly unlikely) the City isn't going to care. If it really bugs you that much, complain to an information booth.

Has anyone looked at the inside of the jetways in CLT. Some of them are owned by the city and some by US. The carpet is being held down by roofing nails after coming unglued from the floor on quite a few jetways. The linings are dirty, broken and in one case missing a section, gate B-1. They need new carpet and linings. The city painted the outside of their jetways a couple of summers ago but that's as far as they went. The jetways are suppose to be cleaned at night but they don't. I can't believe when Dougie comes to town he doesn't notice. Does anyone else see what I see.
When US had Utility in CLT one Jetway a night was heavy cleaned, including the carpets being cleaned.

If there are TV's that haven't appeared to work for a long period of time, then maybe the airport should just remove them if they don't want to spend the money replacing/fixing them......

I wish they'd update the ticket counter backdrops in most of the east cities to reflect the new colors. I absolutely can't stand that 'Steven Wolf' grey anymore. It's been 13 years since most of these counters have been refreshed and they are really looking shabby and dated.

CLT has been looking shabby for some time now. Carpets dirty, seats torn and ripped. It looks awful. And it used to sparkle.

Jerry Orr is dragging his feet maintaining the concourses. Cheap-o.

Jerry Orr will never be asked to leave, he has overseen the tremendous past and future growth of CLT and has made it a profitable enterprise.

CLT jetways are disgusting. I would not let my dog slept on that carpet. I have brought it up with my local management . Deaf ears!!!!! US should pressure the cities

to maintain these jetways and terminals as it is a reflection of the city and the airline in public eye.

Back