Is US airways allowing it’s Terminals to fall into disrepair ?

I wish they'd update the ticket counter backdrops in most of the east cities to reflect the new colors. I absolutely can't stand that 'Steven Wolf' grey anymore. It's been 13 years since most of these counters have been refreshed and they are really looking shabby and dated.

You're kidding me, right? The "updated" look of our ticket counters is a boring white background with dark blue plastic lettering.

The appearance is the US Airways name was just smacked up on a white sheet-rock wall.

Boring, boring, boring.... and NO originality.

Ticket counters for Greyhound are probably more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

CLT jetways are disgusting. I would not let my dog slept on that carpet. I have brought it up with my local management . Deaf ears!!!!! US should pressure the cities

to maintain these jetways and terminals as it is a reflection of the city and the airline in public eye.

You are exactly correct that the appearance of our concourses is a reflection of our city as well as our airline.

And now it looks like a squalid trailer park.

Jerry Orr will never be asked to leave, he has overseen the tremendous past and future growth of CLT and has made it a profitable enterprise.
So true....He has done more for US than your managment has....You will get no argument from me that Jerry is a condesending Ahole, but if it were not for him this station would not have remained a hub..What did it cost US to move a pax through PIT after they built their pretty new terminal. $8-9 per pax, maybe even more, CLT hovers around 1.00 per pax. So the carpet is faded, you lay on the ground and let 30+ million people walk on you, they just got throught with a seat rehab project last year, maybe if your less than classy passengers would use the seats as seats and not a bed they would hold up longer...

You're kidding me, right? The "updated" look of our ticket counters is a boring white background with dark blue plastic lettering.

The appearance is the US Airways name was just smacked up on a white sheet-rock wall.

Boring, boring, boring.... and NO originality.

Ticket counters for Greyhound are probably more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Speaking as someone who has worked in/around the Printing/Graphics/Office Products Industry, Graphic Design is highly subjective and truthfully you can't please everyone. BOTH designs convey a message.

The Wolf era design seeks to create an air of sophistication, quiet elegence designed to attract the business travelers.

The Parker Era, is much more stark and frankly better reinforces the curretnManagement's message It's simple and easy to change should a merger occur

The point here is that neithor one is "better" but rather which one BEST supports the current Marketing Message?

That was the old Piedmont which disappeared in 1989. At Piedmont, rampers were not permitted in the concourses and terminal areas where passengers were present in their ramp uniforms.
In my old Piedmont station I worked the ticket counter, gate, baggage claim, airfreight operations and ramp all in my ramp uniform

Jetways in CLT are filthy........almost as bad as PHL and PHX. Ramps in CLT that lead into Customs need a total renovating and the Baggage Recheck Counter needs a complete overhaul based on the traffic that passes thru the facility. US needs to really get on the City of Charlotte about maintaining the jetways and public areas. Most of the time,the FoodCourt and Concourses are clean but there is room for IMPROVEMENT.

US management wouldn't say a word about the state of terminals, jetways or anything else for that matter when it comes to the hubs. They would be so afraid the airport fee would be raised a half a cent and knock off all their projections. Their hub would crumble. CLT is so low cost because the B and C terminal are crap. narrow, tiny gate areas with an overall narrow concourse. Those terminals were NEVER designed to accomodate the passengers that US pumps through. Well comfortably anyway but we know that isn't in US management vocabulary. How about getting rid of that G'damn carpet in CLT that you can barely drag your suitcase across? Isn't tile cleaner? YUCK :rolleyes:

US management wouldn't say a word about the state of terminals, jetways or anything else for that matter when it comes to the hubs. They would be so afraid the airport fee would be raised a half a cent and knock off all their projections. Their hub would crumble. CLT is so low cost because the B and C terminal are crap. narrow, tiny gate areas with an overall narrow concourse. Those terminals were NEVER designed to accomodate the passengers that US pumps through. Well comfortably anyway but we know that isn't in US management vocabulary. How about getting rid of that G'damn carpet in CLT that you can barely drag your suitcase across? Isn't tile cleaner? YUCK :rolleyes:
AGREE. The carpet in CLT needs TO GO............filthy, nasty and looks like a patchwork quilt in some areas. As far as the narrow corridors- ATL is even narrower but with the tile floors it is bareable. Keeping airport costs LOW is key to maintaining a Hub but certain cosmetic improvements should be expected.

Jetways in CLT are filthy........almost as bad as PHL and PHX. Ramps in CLT that lead into Customs need a total renovating and the Baggage Recheck Counter needs a complete overhaul based on the traffic that passes thru the facility. US needs to really get on the City of Charlotte about maintaining the jetways and public areas. Most of the time,the FoodCourt and Concourses are clean but there is room for IMPROVEMENT.

According to a friend of mine who works for the city, Jerry Orr refuses to hire & give them enough of help to do anything.

According to a friend of mine who works for the city, Jerry Orr refuses to hire & give them enough of help to do anything.

Maybe we should start a letter campaign with letters to the Editor at the Charlotte Observer. They just had a huge article in the paper this morning about US starting service to Dublin and Madrid.

There is always this talk here about making The Queen City a "world class" place to live. Well, maybe the city leaders need to stop talking about it and make sure our airport reflects that sentiment. Instead of the City Manager hoodooing the City Council into giving him a raise. :angry:

Personally for the TVs in PHX, I'd rather they just go away. Not a day goes by that pax don't complain that the volume is too low, too high or asking to change the channel only to get pissed when told that the channel can't be changed. Gets even worse during football season.

Back