It is time for a new approach.

If you would read my above post (I admit it's lengthy) you would see that the TWU international does not care what the membership wants. They were told after 2003 that we would not accept less pay and benefits for jobs again and yet this is what we have gotten from them again. This alone shows that the international is not looking out for the membership. Less pay and benefits means more members paying dues to them.

If you all had AMFA, you would be doing exactly what the membership wanted. But you all desided to go with the TWU after all their promices, and now look where that got you all. Once again more and more concessions, pay cuts, job losses and loss of bennies. Not to mention all the thousands upon thousands of jobs that the TWU "AGRREED TO" getting rid of with the company, very pathetic indeed. AND, if you all continue to go with the TWU, then you all deserve exactly what you have coming. I told you all this back before the 2003 concessions, and they did exactly the opisite of what the membership wanted then, and you guys still kept the TWU there. I know, I know, the election was rigged with non-eligible persons, but, there was still some of you out here that still to this day will support the TWU. What will it take for you guys to open your eyes. Would you ever go back to a car salesman that screwed you over?? No, hell no!! So why in the world would you guys continuously except the "they can do that brother", "we will get'em next time boys", and "we will never except concessions for jobs again".
The time is now to wake up people. The election for AMFA is coming in 2013. You guys need to accomplish this prior to any merger with anyone. I would be willing to put money up saying that the IAM will start to get involved once AMFA files with the NMB...

If I knew what kept people from signing AMFA cards (other than stupidity) we would be able to get the cards signed. The teamsters have muddied the waters because here in Tulsa they have seduced many of the members. Not many are really fans of the TWU. Many want a new union but the teamster fans will not sign AMFA cards. I and those of us who are wanting AMFA only have one vote apiece. I have used my one vote and been out voted by the ignorant members who don't want to be informed and believe the lies they are told by the TWU. They were actually told by the TWU that if AMFA was voted in there would be no contract and the company could fire whoever they wanted and there would be no recourse. This was a bold faced lie of course but too many morons believed it. Then when you add fleet service and planners to the M&R list then you have enough votes to beat AMFA. I hope you're right and AMFA does get another vote and wins in 2013. It's the only hope we have of ever getting our benefits back. How great would it be to be able to sit in on the negotiations and see what they are talking about? No Jim Little to tell us he's fighting like hell while he rolls on his back and cries uncle.

Reactions: 4 people
If I knew what kept people from signing AMFA cards (other than stupidity) we would be able to get the cards signed. The teamsters have muddied the waters because here in Tulsa they have seduced many of the members. Not many are really fans of the TWU. Many want a new union but the teamster fans will not sign AMFA cards. I and those of us who are wanting AMFA only have one vote apiece. I have used my one vote and been out voted by the ignorant members who don't want to be informed and believe the lies they are told by the TWU. They were actually told by the TWU that if AMFA was voted in there would be no contract and the company could fire whoever they wanted and there would be no recourse. This was a bold faced lie of course but too many morons believed it. Then when you add fleet service and planners to the M&R list then you have enough votes to beat AMFA. I hope you're right and AMFA does get another vote and wins in 2013. It's the only hope we have of ever getting our benefits back. How great would it be to be able to sit in on the negotiations and see what they are talking about? No Jim Little to tell us he's fighting like hell while he rolls on his back and cries uncle.

You use such strong words such as ignorance, stupidity, and seduced for someone who offers no contribution to lead and defend this membership. You speak as anyone who doesn't believe as you has some type of mental impairment. I don't believe as you and I continue to lead and defend this membership when my duty calls but in your eyes that makes me (ignorant, stupid, and/or seduced). I think it is you that has been seduced by the AMFA dream, ignorant to your contract, and too stupid to educate yourself on what it takes to lead and defend. You are becoming more and more like Informer with every rant you post... :lol:

You use such strong words such as ignorance, stupidity, and seduced for someone who offers no contribution to lead and defend this membership. You speak as anyone who doesn't believe as you has some type of mental impairment. I don't believe as you and I continue to lead and defend this membership when my duty calls but in your eyes that makes me (ignorant, stupid, and/or seduced). I think it is you that has been seduced by the AMFA dream, ignorant to your contract, and too stupid to educate yourself on what it takes to lead and defend. You are becoming more and more like Informer with every rant you post... :lol:

Your chit is almost as funny as Overspeeds. Please continue the entertainment. Another double please!!

Reactions: 2 people
LMAO....Bob MacTiernan says, show yourself :lol:

You made the claim that you are a leader, how do you lead if nobody knows who you are? Is this how you set an example, level criticism and make accusations while hiding behind an alias? Do you write anonymous notes to management as well?

Reactions: 1 person
You made the claim that you are a leader, how do you lead if nobody knows who you are?

I lead where it counts and where it counts is where my true identity is known. If you think this is a place for leadership then you have a serious disconnect with the members who elected you. Maybe you should spend more time on them, instead of bantering here with ghosts... B)

I lead where it counts and where it counts is where my true identity is known. If you think this is a place for leadership then you have a serious disconnect with the members who elected you. Maybe you should spend more time on them, instead of bantering here with ghosts... B)

So why are you here?

Yep and you led them right to the bottom.

Reactions: 6 people
Why you guys give this guy credibility with answers I have no clue, I can see a little difference in opinion with some forum members is good for the forum but, this guy is an obvious troll getting his jollies from you guys......why bite so much?

Why you guys give this guy credibility with answers I have no clue, I can see a little difference in opinion with some forum members is good for the forum but, this guy is an obvious troll getting his jollies from you guys......why bite so much?

Patience my friend. Our rewards will be when we get rid of the TWU and he has to make a decision on what he wants to do. Stay with the TWU in a different title group, retire or come back to the floor and face the music once again.