JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigjets said:
AA hiring mechs at EZE, 737 B ck leaving ORD for STL.

What's the spin ?

well Bigjets, I guess the mechanics at ord didn't lick enough arse, to get the chance to keep the coveted b check huh?

Reactions: 1 person
Big jets you put down Dfw mechanics so much and now ord losing the b check . What's wrong with you guys there. So now maybe you see is the company is going to do what it wants any time it wants to no matter what the situation is. They will do what they want as long as the twu/Iam the company unions are on the property . So I haven't seen this released by the union I bet it's like there updates they do not want the members to know any thing. You jack wang

conehead777 said:
Big jets you put down Dfw mechanics so much and now ord losing the b check . What's wrong with you guys there. So now maybe you see is the company is going to do what it wants any time it wants to no matter what the situation is. They will do what they want as long as the twu/Iam the company unions are on the property . So I haven't seen this released by the union I bet it's like there updates they do not want the members to know any thing. You jack wang
Wait until the merger is fully complete once operations and maintenance are under one umbrella. Then you will see LAA aircraft and LUS being flown by either pilots and maintained by either mechanics. THEN you will really see work moved around. 

conehead777 said:
I think it's great for the STL guys to get work, now TWA mechs can get back home if they open transfer list or do recalls. AA can't get enough mechs for ORD anyway.

Dfw has what 12 hgr bags and no phase checks, but there are about 300 guys trying to get to dfw from all over the system, but dfw mechs can't be bothered with that, because they got theirs, living in the lowest cost of living area for line mechs to work.

You make your point, company makes their point, and Now we have Texans working in NY, FL, IL, and CA. Not to mention work being moved to South America, but that's ok dfw mechs are doing fine, for now. It's like when the AFW guys didn't want a one station agreement with DFW, AFW mechs didn't want the dfw mechs to take their Saturday Sunday holidays off, now they are working holidays in NY etc......

bigjets said:
I think it's great for the STL guys to get work, now TWA mechs can get back home if they open transfer list or do recalls. AA can't get enough mechs for ORD anyway.

Dfw has what 12 hgr bags and no phase checks, but there are about 300 guys trying to get to dfw from all over the system, but dfw mechs can't be bothered with that, because they got theirs, living in the lowest cost of living area for line mechs to work.

You make your point, company makes their point, and Now we have Texans working in NY, FL, IL, and CA. Not to mention work being moved to South America, but that's ok dfw mechs are doing fine, for now. It's like when the AFW guys didn't want a one station agreement with DFW, AFW mechs didn't want the dfw mechs to take their Saturday Sunday holidays off, now they are working holidays in NY etc......

Exactly  how should we be bothered by that? Should we lick arse and beg for more work?

The company is going to do what they think is right for them and what is cost effective.  What you and I think, say or do has no impact on it.

Whats more, our local doesn't have a handle on whats being outsourced or where the work is inside, there is no one tracking any of it.

Reactions: 2 people
Vortilon said:

You're right, title II mechanics have always sided with the TWU; on the other hand, A&P license holding title 1 mechanics have sided with the AMFA.  I can guarantee that the LAA title II mechanics are not gonna like the idea of title 1 mechanics being able to displace them during a RIF. 

So the Title II mechanics are junior? Are you saying Title I senior mechanics can be displaced out the door while junior Title II mechanics are still working? Can't say that I agree with that.

Docker said:

So the Title II mechanics are junior? Are you saying Title I senior mechanics can be displaced out the door while junior Title II mechanics are still working? Can't say that I agree with that.

What I am saying is at LAA - if or when there is a RIF, and a station was set to lose a certain amount of AMTs - there are less options for those affected.  At LUS, an AMT set for layoff - could displace a lower seniority mechanic working in auto or facility maintenance.  This option is not available at LAA for AMTs.  Title II mechs at LAA do not have to worry about being displaced by any senior AMTs who wish to stay in that particular location - even if they have to switch to auto or fac maint.

conehead777 said:
Only reason ORD is losing the B check is they are tearing down the hangar to make room for a runway

Reactions: 4 people
conehead777 said:
So much opinion with so little knowledge.

DallasConehead said:
well Bigjets, I guess the mechanics at ord didn't lick enough arse, to get the chance to keep the coveted b check huh?
It's guys like you that give unions a bad name where you equate doing your job as arse licking. I bet your the type of guy who complains all day, but when you get fired you fight like hell to get back to AA, thereby wasting union funds.

bigjets said:
It's guys like you that give unions a bad name where you equate doing your job as arse licking. I bet your the type of guy who complains all day, but when you get fired you fight like hell to get back to AA, thereby wasting union funds.
Actually, no. Im one of the few that never complains. I get up and leave the convo when it goes that way. Also, I really enjoy my work, its all good.

Never been fired or any letter of discipline in 30 years.

But you make it sound like there is more people should do to to get more jobs in. People are doing all they can by the book, IAW, company policy, not mine.

got news for you fellows. we are not going to see anything anytime soon, if ever. first its delta +4%, then delta plus 3% now parity. pretty soon the road shows stop conversations stop happening and any thing WE are dreaming of getting disappears  like a puff of smoke. they have no intention of paying ANY association members anything. Why should they?

​i just got an email from local 591 to rally for the TSA agents. why the hell are we not rallying for ourselves? the height of stupidity. the pilots come out and complain about contract violations and toxic work relationships and we say nothing.....

enjoy your dreams ad keep making excuses coulda,shoulda,woulda and we still have squat. 

Reactions: 4 people
dfw gen said:
got news for you fellows. we are not going to see anything anytime soon, if ever. first its delta +4%, then delta plus 3% now parity. pretty soon the road shows stop conversations stop happening and any thing WE are dreaming of getting disappears  like a puff of smoke. they have no intention of paying ANY association members anything. Why should they?

​i just got an email from local 591 to rally for the TSA agents. why the hell are we not rallying for ourselves? the height of stupidity. the pilots come out and complain about contract violations and toxic work relationships and we say nothing.....

enjoy your dreams ad keep making excuses coulda,shoulda,woulda and we still have squat. 
thats because the association is the company union that we pay dues to . But the company gets all the benefits from . I.e. The twu/Iam has the lowest payed mechanics. Plus the worst benefit packages . Only 5 paid holidays at 1.5 half twu at least the us air side has 10 at double time. But delta non union United ibt and swa AMFA all pay over 10 more bucks a hour. Then aa . The twu/Iam want picket aa because there company union. It's time all aa amts lets kick the association off the property . And get a union that works for us not the company when we are able to send cards in lets do it and get rid of the company union .

conehead777 said:
thats because the association is the company union that we pay dues to . But the company gets all the benefits from . I.e. The twu/Iam has the lowest payed mechanics. Plus the worst benefit packages . Only 5 paid holidays at 1.5 half twu at least the us air side has 10 at double time. But delta non union United ibt and swa AMFA all pay over 10 more bucks a hour. Then aa . The twu/Iam want picket aa because there company union. It's time all aa amts lets kick the association off the property . And get a union that works for us not the company when we are able to send cards in lets do it and get rid of the company union .
I have a dream today. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.