JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Nelson said:
that won't involve arbitration. But the IAMPF is a complete disaster. I was really surprised that the TWU proposed to apply the IAMPF to all TWU members, and refused to propose language to unfreeze your pension. I have no idea why any of us would keep this Association after a ratified agreement. We may all need to form a committee and focus on a plan that stops contracting out our union's representation to these 3rd party AFLCIO Labor Reps. May be more accountable to do it ourselves as our stews and pilots do.
The Central States Pension Fund was the first to take advantage of the law and apply for a benefit cut. The trustees deemed this necessary to extend the solvency of the fund, which could otherwise run out by 2025. Investment losses during the financial crisis, increased numbers of retirees, and fewer companies contributing to the plan put the fund in precarious financial straits.     https://theintercept.com/2016/04/20/bill-that-obama-extolled-is-leading-to-pension-cuts-for-retirees/?comments=1#comments

MetalMover said:
Can you substantiate this rumor with a little more than being "informed by a local e board member?"
So the IAM negotiators with HALF the membership want to screw the larger union? I think not.

Hearing the same thing here that the IAM is trying to stick it to all of us by using there lead system and other IAM BS.  I was advised to send a letter to the arbitrator and I did.  Complete BS on the IAMs part since US Air has about 1/3 the mechanics as we do.  You may want to send a letter in.

http://www.local591.com/?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&HomeID=592815

ASSociation Clown said:

Hearing the same thing here that the IAM is trying to stick it to all of us by using there lead system and other IAM BS.  I was advised to send a letter to the arbitrator and I did.  Complete BS on the IAMs part since US Air has about 1/3 the mechanics as we do.  You may want to send a letter in.

This just proves how stupid the iam is.  Doesn't the TWU take over nego's in Aug?  I hope they do for the sake of the membership.

ASSociation Clown said:

How is the IAM trying to stick it to you by offering a better contract than you have with the TWU? LUS has better bidding options(more flexibility), more holidays, better sick time, and better medical. We might have only 1/3 of the mechanics but we have a better contract and it's about to get way better.

Docker said:
How is the IAM trying to stick it to you by offering a better contract than you have with the TWU? LUS has better bidding options(more flexibility), more holidays, better sick time, and better medical. We might have only 1/3 of the mechanics but we have a better contract and it's about to get way better.
Don't underestimate the ignorance of the TWU and their kool-aid drinkers.

dvlhog212 said:
Iamnpf = a "NO" on any jcba vote.
I guess they'll see if they can get an arbitrator to vote yes on the contract too.  They're doing that to try to screw us out of seniority by enhancing theirs by allowing them to carry title 2 time into title 1.  We haven't got the chance to vote on anything at all yet.  Only because we can out-vote them so what makes you think we'll be allowed to vote on a TA?  The association is doing whatever they can to deny us any vote.  seniority should be voted on by the MEMBERSHIP.  Not 1/3 of the membership or an arbitrator.  I have never been so disgusted with the TWU for allowing this crap to go to an arbitrator who has a track record of screwing unions.  Get ready for a fight in court if you win this one. 

Docker said:
thats true about holiday and sick time and insurance. But compared to southwest united and a non union airline delta it's still a sorry contract. Plus if I Rember correctly us air took a long time to get your new contract after the merger. To me that contracts nothing to brag about. We are still making 10 dolors less then the three airlines mentioned above and we have been behind them several years now. So sorry to tell you this I have no confidence in the iam twu are the sham association. And no to the iampf . And one more thing with the lousy no information updates no one knows it's a better contract. And money and benefits haven't seen any info on that.

With all due respect to everyone here, it's clear that /collectively/ the group hasn't had enough yet. No real protests, no demand for change, no agitation other than the odd angry internet post...

Kev3188 said:
With all due respect to everyone here, it's clear that /collectively/ the group hasn't had enough yet. No real protests, no demand for change, no agitation other than the odd angry internet post...
You got that right.  I asked some of the union reps today when we are going to do something like picket and they just shrugged.  I guess they would have to get permission from the IAM.  Like that would ever happen.

conehead777 said:
thats true about holiday and sick time and insurance. But compared to southwest united and a non union airline delta it's still a sorry contract. Plus if I Rember correctly us air took a long time to get your new contract after the merger. To me that contracts nothing to brag about. We are still making 10 dolors less then the three airlines mentioned above and we have been behind them several years now. So sorry to tell you this I have no confidence in the iam twu are the sham association. And no to the iampf . And one more thing with the lousy no information updates no one knows it's a better contract. And money and benefits haven't seen any info on that.
Watch out what you say about the IAMNPF.  They'll figure out a way to stuff that up our collective A$$ without a vote either.  Can they find an arbitrator that will force that on us along with their insane seniority rules?  I wouldn't doubt it.  They know we will never vote yes on anything that includes the IAMNPF so I look for more underhanded tactics to keep us from voting.  Have we gotten to vote on a single thing yet with this association?  I say we start a card campaign right now and be ready when the 2 years is up and submit them on the first day possible.  The association is a cancer that is killing us slowly.  We need to get rid of it.

Kev3188 said:
Our voices are silent now.  The apathy has been beat into us so deeply that now we are happiest when things just stay the same, or at least they didn't take anything away.

Maybe, if we don't raise a fuss, the company might be nice this time and actually give us something for our hard work.  After all, management are just people too.  Right?  If it's a nickle raise, we'll collectively vote yes for it.

You'll get no fight from the US side.  We're old, tired and done.

It's called Stockholm Syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back