JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
conehead777 said:
thats because the association is the company union that we pay dues to . But the company gets all the benefits from . I.e. The twu/Iam has the lowest payed mechanics. Plus the worst benefit packages . Only 5 paid holidays at 1.5 half twu at least the us air side has 10 at double time. But delta non union United ibt and swa AMFA all pay over 10 more bucks a hour. Then aa . The twu/Iam want picket aa because there company union. It's time all aa amts lets kick the association off the property . And get a union that works for us not the company when we are able to send cards in lets do it and get rid of the company union .

What do you mean US Air side has 10 at double time. If you happen to be one of the unlucky ones to have to work the holiday you just get straight time for the hours you work. At one time we did get 1 1/2 rate for hours worked, but not now. Doug will be sure to give that back to us with our new combined contract this September.
Every one gets the 8 hour holiday pay whether working or not so don't count that to come up with double time. The ones who have to work the holiday get straight 8 hours pay for working 8 hours.

Reactions: 1 person
dfw gen said:
got news for you fellows. we are not going to see anything anytime soon, if ever. first its delta +4%, then delta plus 3% now parity. pretty soon the road shows stop conversations stop happening and any thing WE are dreaming of getting disappears  like a puff of smoke. they have no intention of paying ANY association members anything. Why should they?

​i just got an email from local 591 to rally for the TSA agents. why the hell are we not rallying for ourselves? the height of stupidity. the pilots come out and complain about contract violations and toxic work relationships and we say nothing.....

enjoy your dreams ad keep making excuses coulda,shoulda,woulda and we still have squat. 
Im not surprised. What does surprise me is the division within the mechanic group which has stuck your group with awful representation.

Maybe when politics are set aside, you guys can follow the path of our pilots and stews and instead of continuing to contract out the representation of your union to some 3rd party, you guys will work on getting your own bargaining rep.

Docker said:
What do you mean US Air side has 10 at double time. If you happen to be one of the unlucky ones to have to work the holiday you just get straight time for the hours you work. At one time we did get 1 1/2 rate for hours worked, but not now. Doug will be sure to give that back to us with our new combined contract this September.
Every one gets the 8 hour holiday pay whether working or not so don't count that to come up with double time. The ones who have to work the holiday get straight 8 hours pay for working 8 hours.
FYI, using your math to calculate overtime rate of pay, LAA title I gets 1/2 time for the regular hours worked on any of the five paid holidays. The other five holidays we once had are now just regular work days.

Reactions: 2 people
BeechDriver said:
FYI, using your math to calculate overtime rate of pay, LAA title I gets 1/2 time for the regular hours worked on any of the five paid holidays. The other five holidays we once had are now just regular work days.
Correct, work eight hours and they will give you an extra four. Also, use to be if you were off that day, you would receive the eight +four your first day back. Guess it was breaking the bank and they took that away.

Reactions: 3 people
AANOTOK said:
Correct, work eight hours and they will give you an extra four. Also, use to be if you were off that day, you would receive the eight +four your first day back. Guess it was breaking the bank and they took that away.
I think it was more like the TWU thought this and other stuff all by themselves.  

Question:[for active lus or laa mechanics] What are you hearing from your union reps how the retirement plan is going to finally pan out. 1. The union is asking for both 2. The union is asking for choice if if the company denies contributing to both for each member in the association 3. Speculation for what the plan is if the company says no to providing plan for IAMPF and to those who opt to continue with 401 matching. Will that be decided by an arbitrator as well? I know that I havent met one laa mech who wants anything to do with the IAMPF. Would really be disheartening if that is left to an arbitrator to force me into the iampf. For once I hope twu intl will look out for my best intrest!

Question:[for active lus or laa mechanics] What are you hearing from your union reps how the retirement plan is going to finally pan out. 1. The union is asking for both 2. The union is asking for choice if if the company denies contributing to both for each member in the association 3. Speculation for what the plan is if the company says no to providing plan for IAMPF and to those who opt to continue with 401 matching. Will that be decided by an arbitrator as well? I know that I havent met one laa mech who wants anything to do with the IAMPF. Would really be disheartening if that is left to an arbitrator to force me into the iampf. For once I hope twu intl will look out for my best intrest!
that won't involve arbitration. But the IAMPF is a complete disaster. I was really surprised that the TWU proposed to apply the IAMPF to all TWU members, and refused to propose language to unfreeze your pension. I have no idea why any of us would keep this Association after a ratified agreement. We may all need to form a committee and focus on a plan that stops contracting out our union's representation to these 3rd party AFLCIO Labor Reps. May be more accountable to do it ourselves as our stews and pilots do.

Reactions: 4 people
I suspect that the TWU international leadership would like to have its local members integrated into the IAMNPF to maintain a certain level of control over that group. That may have been a driving factor for the decision to create the Association. I do not want to have any part of the IAMNPF. I will vote against ANY contact that takes away my control over my retirement investment choices. I will also vote against ANY contact that is promoted by purchasing YES votes with savory retirement packages/bonuses. All of us have been screwed over by that in past contact votes. When they passed, our local leaders were often the first in line to take the money and leave the rest of us behind to live with a feculent agreement. I will not be rushed. Be aware.

Our seniority Agreement says that all seniority issues, disputes, and challenges will be handled by the seniority integration committee (signed April, 2013 by Sito and Little. Section 4) . So exactly why would they break the contract and Seniority Letter and contract it out to a 3rd party for hire?
FWIW: Mr Javits was a partner at the very anti union lawfirm of Ford & Harrison. Prior to that he was appointed by George Bush to the NMB, and his NMB board made a series of horrible anti union decisions.

Town halls seemed to have come to an end. Upper management told us they wanted to get this contract done quickly. Nothing could be farther from the truth. They drag their feet and are not proactive. They are saving millions with the current LAA maintenance contract and have no plans to stop this any time soon. The ASSociation is no better. They have sent our seniority to a third party because they lack the smarts or the stones to make a decision. The IAM needs the TWU members money to continue their ponzi scheme or better known as the IAMPF.  Any contract that has the IAMPF will be DOA. The smaller group is in effect trying to run their agenda down the larger groups throat. The larger group is not allowed to vote ON ANYTHING. Not who represents us or how our seniority will be finalized. Most of our holidays have come and gone. More of our money has gone with those holidays. All we can do is hope to vote on what we consider to be in our best interest. Any contract that contains give backs or the IAMPF need to be a resounding NO. Any contract that comes before our current agreement ends in 2018 would be a huge surprise.

BeechDriver said:
I suspect that the TWU international leadership would like to have its local members integrated into the IAMNPF to maintain a certain level of control over that group. That may have been a driving factor for the decision to create the Association. I do not want to have any part of the IAMNPF. I will vote against ANY contact that takes away my control over my retirement investment choices. I will also vote against ANY contact that is promoted by purchasing YES votes with savory retirement packages/bonuses. All of us have been screwed over by that in past contact votes. When they passed, our local leaders were often the first in line to take the money and leave the rest of us behind to live with a feculent agreement. I will not be rushed. Be aware.

Ditto x 10, look at the seniority or for that matter the ages of the AMT's at LAA & LUS and that alone
will tell you that the retirement plans will be a huge issue to get resolved. I will not vote for a TA that
even gives the TWU members an option to join the IAMPF, side agreements with the company have 
happened in the past without the memberships consent (profit sharing for one). 

Reactions: 3 people
chilokie1 said:
Ditto x 10, look at the seniority or for that matter the ages of the AMT's at LAA & LUS and that alone
will tell you that the retirement plans will be a huge issue to get resolved. I will not vote for a TA that
even gives the TWU members an option to join the IAMPF, side agreements with the company have 
happened in the past without the memberships consent (profit sharing for one).
I agree. The Association and the company are quite likely dragging out the process to get a POS contract passed by frustrated members that think things will get better next time around. Seniority is a big issue to me also. I was informed by a local e board member that the IAM negotiators wanted to retain crew chief and inspection seniority dates and place all TWU crew chiefs/inspectors at the bottom of those lists with Date of Signing dates. I fear that the Association will opt for more outside arbitrators to forestall being kicked to the curb.

BeechDriver said:
I agree. The Association and the company are quite likely dragging out the process to get a POS contract passed by frustrated members that think things will get better next time around. Seniority is a big issue to me also. I was informed by a local e board member that the IAM negotiators wanted to retain crew chief and inspection seniority dates and place all TWU crew chiefs/inspectors at the bottom of those lists with Date of Signing dates. I fear that the Association will opt for more outside arbitrators to forestall being kicked to the curb.

yep, that is called passing the buck I can hear it already " I know brother I'am in the same boat it was not me! it was that dam
international again,............. bastards!"

I agree the company has no reason to be in a hurry, any benefit of having a joint agreement is far outweighed by the savings
they are getting with having us in a concessionary contract. The TWU is dragging their feet because they are worried about 
the monthly dues collection they may lose with a new scope agreement. Ok that may not be true, but they are deffinently 
worried about the backlash that is coming from the membership because of the agreement Jimmy Little signed and how 
that will effect the ability to get a contract that the TWU members can get excited about.

BeechDriver said:
Can you substantiate this rumor with a little more than being "informed by a local e board member?"
So the IAM negotiators with HALF the membership want to screw the larger union? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.