JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
You do realize the TWU side has to sign off the IAM doesnt have the power to agree to something without the TWU also agreeing?

How many sick days does PMAA have now?
If you have 10, and you agree to 10 in the JCBA, its not a concession.

So since you dont get your pension back is that a concession too?
With an IAM Officer from Fleet Service holding the deciding vote and with the IAM in charge of the Association for the first two years, with one year remaining. It would appear that the IAM would hold the deciding vote.

TWU members only have 5 Sick days a year.

Reactions: 1 person
The latest little bit of info, is the LUS 757's coming to TULE in November for some maintenance?

Is this work being outsourced from LUS to LAA? ( without the JCBA by November? )

Legacy US Air 757’s:
The company has just released information that Legacy US Air 757’s that were to be outsourced to an MRO in Alabama will be worked here
in Tulsa. I am told that this work will begin in November 2016 and run thru October 2017, although the schedule may change I am told that there
will be a total of 12 visits. The company does not expect any increase in headcount for this work.

700UW said:
You do realize the TWU side has to sign off the IAM doesnt have the power to agree to something without the TWU also agreeing?

How many sick days does PMAA have now?
If you have 10, and you agree to 10 in the JCBA, its not a concession.

So since you dont get your pension back is that a concession too?

Yes I realize that the twu has to sign off on it. The bottom line is the iam  and the twu are industrial unions that do not care about mechanics. With the twu having a fleet service clerk representing mechanics the controlling vote goes to the iam. PMAA has 5 days  and 10 days is still a concession from 2003. The 20 days of IOD time is a concession also because we had 80 days in 2003. Oh but they increased the sick bank to 1600 hours from 1500 which is not a concession. Not that anybody will be able to bank that much time since most peoples bank is so low from 13 years of concessions. Does anybody see a reoccurring word here that is typical of the iam and the twu????????? I'll give you a hint CONCESSION. Oh by the way thanks for confirming to all the readers here that my information is correct. You must have checked with your handler to confirm it unless you already new the info and being a good little iam soldier you kept the info to yourself and did not share it with the membership who should have the all the info.  

Reactions: 2 people
Buck said:
With an IAM Officer from Fleet Service holding the deciding vote and with the IAM in charge of the Association for the first two years, with one year remaining. It would appear that the IAM would hold the deciding vote.

There is no IAM Fleet Service on the M&R Negotiating Committee, they are all mechanics and one stock clerk.

And Sito is a former TW and now an AA mechanic who is the head of the Association.

What are you talking about?

700UW said:
There is no IAM Fleet Service on the M&R Negotiating Committee, they are all mechanics and one stock clerk.

And Sito is a former TW and now an AA mechanic who is the head of the Association.

What are you talking about?
Ok if not Fleet Service who, you said in the past that everyone was mechanic and related except Sean Doyle? 

Sean Doyle is TWU, not IAM,and his name isn't on any updates.

You said an IAM fleet is on the M&R NC, so who is it?

Buck said:

I feel we are going backwards here if we have to explain the past contractual and company language to someone who never worked in our department let alone the company. Let's continue to move forward without having to stop and waste time explaining to outsiders about what we had.
7 weeks VC
Longevity pay
Training O/T
Uniform laundering
Penalty hour
Shift premiums more than penny
10 holidays
2 1/2 multiplier O/T
Double time 7th day
Meal allowance
4 hours early call in guarantee
12 days sick accrual per year
180 days IOD
OK I got the high points. Let's move on.

Reactions: 7 people
700UW said:
Sean Doyle is TWU, not IAM,and his name isn't on any updates.

You said an IAM fleet is on the M&R NC, so who is it?

The bottom line is that the names at the bottom of those updates in reality are not the negotiating committee. The neg committee is the iam international and the fleet service clerk Sean Doyle who allows the company to violate the  contract with his blessing

Reactions: 3 people
767 mechanic said:

The bottom line is that the names at the bottom of those updates in reality are not the negotiating committee. The neg committee is the iam international and the fleet service clerk Sean Doyle who allows the company to violate the  contract with his blessing
Yea ok, if you say so, I know several people in the room, you couldnt be more wrong.

And why dont you ask the Mechanic Presidents' why Sean Doyle is in charge of the TWU side?

I know the answer, do you?

1AA said:
Hey if you don't like it in Tulsa you can always transfer to a line station. Remember years back Tulsa always told us New York boys that same line. Not to sound like I'm rubbing it in but we all need to be on the same page. If you have 7 day coverage and multiple shifts then the CS policy for the line should be similar for all stations. I say similar but not identical. My understanding is Tulsa has 7 day coverage and two shifts. CS should be allowed. This is why the new AA wants it contractual.
Tulsa currently has 11 different shifts.

700UW said:
Yea ok, if you say so, I know several people in the room, you couldnt be more wrong.

And why dont you ask the Mechanic Presidents' why Sean Doyle is in charge of the TWU side?

I know the answer, do you?

You have just encompassed the reasons for the TWU Title I memberships frustration in 
3 lines.  First, a has-been, wanna-be,  union hack like yourself knows the reason and the
membership does not.   Second, the membership did not have a say in putting a non-elected,
non-mechanic in charge of the TWU Title I negotiating committee.   Third, we can ask questions
till we are blue in the face, whether we get an answer is a different story.   Fourth, even when we
do get our questions answered it is only information that the international wants us to have, and
they have miss-informed us enough in the past that we have become the jaded group that you 
see on this forum page today!

dvlhog212 said:
Another lame and lazy week of negotiations. Are hours of work and training really that complicated? I see we are now scheduled thru August. The new leadership at DWH was trying to sell the idea of a June contract. Lol, just one of several promises the new guy can't back up. It seems to be a theme with this new management team. Promise everything, deliver nothing!
Although the pace of talks is one we all have lost patience with, we can now see the pilots example of an interest to get it done as quick as possible can lead to problems. Also, it's being reported that although  the company has been blowing smoke that they're excited to "give us" a JCBA the truth is the reigns are being pulled back just as much by AA because they don't intend to willingly give us anything.

DallasConehead said:
Whose the new guy? Pike still shows on the 567 website.
And now here is a big problem that distracts any form of unity of us. Although we all are pissed at the way the ASSoc was forced on us, we have way too many clowns like this Cone fella that are so hellbent to blame the Union for everything that he couldn't even read 'hogs' post properly,(highlighted)
At least on the TWBoo side of the Negotiators, we have heard that an autonomous platform has been agreed to that the Intl. is only engaged when requested. So the sooner we all understand the importance of providing a resounding message of support to our Negotiators, the sooner they can obtain some leverage to fight on our behalf. And it is a fight because no matter how much 'happy smoke' AA blows on those roadshow videos, it's still just smoke.
Lastly, for you TUL folks, don't under-estimate how disruptive the up coming Local elections might end up being to any momentum the Negotiators might achieve for all of us. If the 'old' regime of Little Jim is able to rear it's ugly head again over there, the 'fear campaign' that the OldGuy recently referenced could achieve a level that you've never yet seen. My understanding is your current Prez along with the other Negotiators have a very sound relationship toward their efforts for us all.

JABORD said:
Although the pace of talks is one we all have lost patience with, we can now see the pilots example of an interest to get it done as quick as possible can lead to problems. Also, it's being reported that although  the company has been blowing smoke that they're excited to "give us" a JCBA the truth is the reigns are being pulled back just as much by AA because they don't intend to willingly give us anything.

And now here is a big problem that distracts any form of unity of us. Although we all are pissed at the way the ASSoc was forced on us, we have way too many clowns like this Cone fella that are so hellbent to blame the Union for everything that he couldn't even read 'hogs' post properly,(highlighted)
At least on the TWBoo side of the Negotiators, we have heard that an autonomous platform has been agreed to that the Intl. is only engaged when requested. So the sooner we all understand the importance of providing a resounding message of support to our Negotiators, the sooner they can obtain some leverage to fight on our behalf. And it is a fight because no matter how much 'happy smoke' AA blows on those roadshow videos, it's still just smoke.
Lastly, for you TUL folks, don't under-estimate how disruptive the up coming Local elections might end up being to any momentum the Negotiators might achieve for all of us. If the 'old' regime of Little Jim is able to rear it's ugly head again over there, the 'fear campaign' that the OldGuy recently referenced could achieve a level that you've never yet seen. My understanding is your current Prez along with the other Negotiators have a very sound relationship toward their efforts for us all.

I agree 100% with your view on the TULE elections, I piss & moan about my TWU representation
but I need to say the present 514 President is by far the best I have had in my 29 years. Danker
has not shied away from his displeasure with the international and the lack of info he gets or is
allowed to relay to his Local 514 members. He has also had to deal with a planted VP who lead a
hit campaign against him shortly after getting canned from his position for sick time fraud...........
oooops, I ment to say he resigned his position so he would have more time to run his local 514
Presidential  campaign (God help us).  If that is not humorous enough I see the former President
who should be working in DFW (because he was riffed there) but was remarkably kept in TULE
because of his vast electrical experience from 20 years prior is also running for his old post, seriously
I cannot make this stuff up. 

JABORD said:

Im sure I misread the post and saw only twu mishandling of our situation and jumped to that.

Now,

Go drink some twu cool aid to help you with your condition. Good for you to have so much faith in our capable negotiating team that has left us with nothing for years since the merge.

They don't lead so I don't follow. They put out a weak update and add more weeks to the schedule, piss poor and with out vision.

How come they cant organize the organized?  Why not system pickets to speed up the company's lack of urgency?  Why not something to put even a little bit of pressure?  Newspaper adverts, anything. But we see them leading with nothing.

GFYD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts