JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet. **New and improved 2.0 version**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, that letter the mediator sent basically said to both sides no more games, get it done. On your JCBA, part of the problem is the IAM wants to keep their work rules, so if you know , you might end up with the TWU rules why get in a hurry.Then American management just sits back and watches.
Wow are you in Negotiations for the Association?

You don’t know what’s going on.

The Association is waiting for the company to respond to the proposal the Association gave them, you know which was written by both the IAM and TWU.

There isn’t a problem between the IAM and the TWU.

Please stop posting things you aren’t involved with nor can actually back up with facts.

Suspect this will end up with a "Last Best Offer" from LAA. It may be tied with a send it out to vote or see you in Section 6.

Suspect this will end up with a "Last Best Offer" from LAA. It may be tied with a send it out to vote or see you in Section 6.
Not gonna happen.

Doug wants and needs labor peace.

His bonus is still held up due to no JCBAs with the Association and still synergies to be captured.

So we are several months into year 2 of "Expedited Executive Level Negotiations" , so glad because who knows where we'd be if they didn't step in and "expedite" things along...

Just a little reminder folks, it took all of 56 days to rewrite all 3 work groups contracts at the same time when they wanted to take our money from us.
If they wanted to get it done, it would have been done long, long ago.
Not completely true. Not looking for an argument just for information sake... The executive level just started a few months ago. Summer of 2015 IAM/TWU negotiating committees meet for first time. Dec 2015 comprehensive outline was given to company. Talks started 2nd week of Jan 2016 between NC and Company. Executive committee started late fall 2017.

I mentioned 35 as an example ONLY. I used that number simply because I believe the CWA has that in their CBA.

Absolutely. Nothing in regards to Station staffing has been agreed to that anyone is publicly aware of for the Association.

Talks started 2nd week of Jan 2016 between NC and Company. Executive committee started late fall 2017.

So Sito announced the Executive level in January 2017, but didn't get down to it until late fall, that is very encouraging...thanks for making my point.

My fly says there is a pretty good chance of seeing a TA by mid-to-late Spring. Never a mention of Sept or deals off.

And the negative Nelly’s would suddenly lose all of their ammunition if that happened.

Not gonna happen.

Doug wants and needs labor peace.

His bonus is still held up due to no JCBAs with the Association and still synergies to be captured.

If that was a determining factor, we'd have a deal long ago.

Don't think the EC would bring back something that has a loss of jobs or substantial work rule changes.

Don't think LAA will just fold and agree to the status quo.

Therefore, we either stay stagnant into the Section 6 negotiations or they use Section 6 to get a vote on their LBO.

Not completely true. Not looking for an argument just for information sake... The executive level just started a few months ago. Summer of 2015 IAM/TWU negotiating committees meet for first time. Dec 2015 comprehensive outline was given to company. Talks started 2nd week of Jan 2016 between NC and Company. Executive committee started late fall 2017.

EC announced January 2017. Started negotiations participation in March 2017.

My fly says there is a pretty good chance of seeing a TA by mid-to-late Spring. Never a mention of Sept or deals off.

If they're are no scheduled sessions and they are still waiting for a response to their last proposal, how does the fly determine there will be enough movement to create an early spring timeline?

This topic has been up multiple times over the years and is highly important to be continued until we find ourselves at least one day finally at the conclusion of JCBA talks.

Let’s see if we can at least try to stay on topic, LMAO.

And no I’m not interested in this meandering over to the Maintenance thread.
Hey weez, congrats on trying to save this thread. It is beneficial for everyone to have these threads and share all info. On our end things seem to be moving forward, and some little birdies are expecting a possible T/A by end of the next sessions. I am not one of those birds, I think the co. will pull one of their tactics and yank something back yet again that was previously agreed to. Below I leave with you the latest meeting set by the mediator not asking but telling both sides to be prepared to stay late every night for the week. I was wondering if the upper upper management has not put out the word to get it done. The longer week and longer days set up by the mediator is encouraging, but I still expect more games being played by the co. as usual...

NMB Meeting Notice to Resume Mediation with Southwest Airlines
March 15, 2018 -- Mediator Cathy McCann will continue mediation conferences with AMFA and Southwest Airlines in Dallas, TX on April 9-10, 2018.
Download: 20180315_Mtg_Notice_for_NMB_Case_A-13790_SWA_ AMFA.pdf

If they're are no scheduled sessions and they are still waiting for a response to their last proposal, how does the fly determine there will be enough movement to create an early spring timeline?

Good point.

First of all they needed the deals with the pilots and the flight attendants done before ramp and maintenance as that’s how it always works in mergers.

Then the company can utilize the planes and hubs to be more efficient.

Second ramp and maintenance are always last before the company right sizes the operations.

There is no requirement in JCBA talks or in the RLA to force a vote on a last best offer. That’s only in a Section 6 or Section 1113 C negotiations and process.

I seriously doubt the company wants two separate Section 6 talks for the IAM and TWU, that would be six sets of negotiations going on.

They can’t settle the JCBA between three groups, six groups would be nearly impossible as the same people for the company would be needed in all the talks. So that would take substantial time and then jump right back into JCBA talks again.

I can’t see that happening.

So Sito announced the Executive level in January 2017, but didn't get down to it until late fall, that is very encouraging...thanks for making my point.
Point? I do not have the info as to when the EC was first mentioned, but I’ve always been under the impression that the NC do almost all of the The work and when the agreement is getting near the end then the higher ups get involved. I’m relatively certain that you are not suggesting that Sito and Alex should have been negotiating the articles of voluntary furlough, limited duty, training, etc. With that said, according to all of the updates that were put out by the association.. all groups were still working on a number of articles into the fall. (not including the scope and finances) it was then that the EC got involved. By the way, my fly says that the EC is involved in all groups talks with the company. ( fleet, mx, stores, etc) So it is misleading to suggest that the EC is dragging their feet and has been solely involved on behalf of fleet.

Good point.
CWA/IBT had two mainline a day scope any thing more it was CWA/IBT work. Now 35 a week. Huge concession to give up that language

Vast concessionaire contact for LUS agent’s
I was not aware of the 2 flights a day language.
Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately for them, that was not the only concession. I feel for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.