Jetblue Plane Catches Fire

ISP said:
JetBlue A/C N522JB, a Airbus A320, was involved in a serious accident last night.

The plane flew in from LGB as flight 222, and was sitting at the gate several hours later (with no PAX onboard) waiting to be moved to the hanger.

Apparantly, MX did an engine runup, and a coil in the #2 engine caught fire. The entire #2 engine became engulfed in flames, and a serious situation arose. JB personnel were the first to put the fire out, but not before the right wing of this A/C basically melted and became charred. Port Authority made it to the aircraft several minutes later, and sprayed the plane with chemical fire extinguisher for a good 30 minutes.

The worst part of this, at least from a PR perspective, was that this occured at Gate 1. For those familiar with T-6 at JFK, Gate 1 is totally visable to both the departures and arrivals area. Many customers were shocked that a plane was on fire, and people were quite shaken up who witnessed this.

Personally, I had just arrived on a B6 plane and witnessed the whole thing. After I got more information from friends of mine working at the airport, I heard that Neeleman himself arrived at the scene several hours later. The aircraft will be out of service for quite sometime, and will require millions of dollars in repair.
[post="286353"][/post]​

Oh I hope it wasn't "Buddah Blue"
I hate the thought of cleaning up melted Buddah....and Blue Buddah .....ughhhhh

OTslave said:
Oh I hope it wasn't "Buddah Blue"
I hate the thought of cleaning up melted Buddah....and Blue Buddah .....ughhhhh
[post="286885"][/post]​
According to my records, N522JB is "Blue Ribbon"...

I'd have thought it might have been "Blue Smoke" or "Bada Bing Bada Blew..."

Thats
what one yalls planes gets, Thats what happens when you get your maintenance outosurced to el salvador, where the people cant read or speak english, especially when playing around a plane, remember, you get what you pay for
i bet that stuff happens alot at JB, im surprised why none of their planes has caught on fire in the air or the runway
i like jetblue better than WN,
Wn sucks

"I bet that stuff happens alot at JB, im surprised why none of their planes has caught on fire in the air or the runway"

Yeah, not so much. Tell me about the US bare metal 737 or airplanes falling on jacks or...................

The point is, stuff happens, the good news is no one was hurt!